WISHing Away the Pounds - 2015 Edition!! Everyone Welcome!

Thanks for taking over in February!! :thumbsup2

No problem! And about the thermos....look into it. My son doesn't like to use the microwave at school so I send him with hot food in a thermos. Macaroni and cheese, soup, stew..... I warm them in a glass measuring cup at home while I pre-warm the thermos with hot water. Dump out the water, dump in the food and lid it tight. I have three thermoses.... a small-ish one for macaroni and stews, slightly larger for soup, and a huge one that I used to take to the ski mountain with coffee or tea. They are pricey to start, but if you buy a nice stainless steel one it will last for a long time!

Oops - that got changed... I am so excited for the new software! Supposedly it will be much easier to multiquote they said on the podcast. You will just have to highlight what you want to quote and once you highlighted it, it will ask you if you want to quote it and if you click on yes, that part will be quoted and you can do it with as many parts of the post as you want. Sounds great to me!

I'll get the thread started tonight, but if we can't get rolling until Monday, that's okay.

I am impressed that you have the whole month planned out already! But that is indeed a great idea. I should do that the next time I am hosting. It makes so much sense...

Nothing particular I want to talk about, I am always happy to be surprised!

Don't give me too much credit yet.....it's only partially planned so far!!:lmao:

---

I was pleased that the scale was nice enough today. I am still up a little from Monday, but down from two weeks ago. So maybe the Monday weigh in was not totally correct... But I still have tomorrow to see what the scale does.

I ended my week with perfect tracking. I am so proud of myself. Every little thing got tracked! And the end result is that I ate all my weekly extras and 4 of my 38 activity points. The last two weeks were not perfect with regard to weight loss. But I had to deal with TOM and the asthma attack, so not sure how that influenced the whole weight loss. Overall, I am happy with my results over the last 4 weeks and I will keep eating my weekly extra. This week I have started to be better in how I use my extra points (less on senseless snacking, more on healthy food). So, hopefully I can keep this up.

Sounds like you are ending January on a good note!!

Hello all! :wave2:

Kudos to everyone for sticking with their healthy lifestyles and goals all month long! :yay::yay::yay:

I've been lurking this month since I am still doing the sandwich generation thing. :crowded:

Magdalene, thanks for hostessing this month! :thanks: Hope that you are feeling better. :flower3:

Pamela, thanks for hostessing February! :thanks:

Susan, congratulations on your new grandbaby! :love:

Karen, nice to see you on the Disboards again! I do enjoy your FB posts, too. I think of you every time my son starts talking about college. :faint:

Molli, kudos to you for working out so hard even when it wipes you out! I hope you can find that happy medium soon. :flower3:

Sarah, awesome job on the mega-steps! :cool2:

I'll be popping on a time or two on the February thread for sure. See you all soon!

We are so happy to see you back, even for just a fly-by!! You are missed.

well..drumroll....I did it! I made my goal and then some! I'm in a new decade! :cool1::cool1: I am so stoked! it has not been easy this month and my accountability groups (here and real life) have made a HUGE difference. I'm stoked to lose another 5 lbs before I go to WDW in march! I feel like I can really DO THIS!

and truly thank you all for the kudos...it gets me down and your encouragement means a lot :teeth:

I am SO excited for you!! Congrats on the new decade!!!!:cool1: And YES, you really CAN do this!!

Getting a fuller schedule these days. :bitelip: So glad and grateful to be employed but now my schedule has become so full I have work daily now. Mon and Wednesdays are pretty full days but others are short shifts here and there. I may have to ask them to find someone to take over the weekends. If they add on any more in my day times I may have to. But for now it works out great to get more hours and still work around dd's school schedule. Its a bit tougher because there is no bus transportation and my mom is only one nearby that could do it and she has no vehicle.

Hit post too soon. Tracking food still isn't going so well. But I'm thinking I will join Planet Fitness. I want to see if they would let my daughter too or not. She wanted to start running races but needs some endurance building for the gymnastics she will want to start here very soon.

Congrats on the full-time work!! Glad the schedule is working with DD's schedule. Love to hear what you think about PF!!

Prep time now, but I have nothing to prep..... except I need to mentally prepare for recess duty in the snow!:rolleyes1 Wish I could skip it.

TTYL....................................P

Hey-- good morning from the west coast.
I remember that you were going to get a tatoo the last time - was it Figaro? Did it turn out well?

This is a terrible pic but it seems to be the only one I have of Cleo--you can't see but they are looking at each other :

For my next one I'm thinking something like this:

I made my goal weight yay! When I made the goal I kind of wasn't thinking about the end of the month being this week lol, but I was determined. Yesterday was kind of discouraging because my fitbit wasn't charged so I went to the gym without it and I had to log everything into MFP later. I had very conflicting calorie counts as a result. As soon as I got to they gym, one of the guys there was asking me about one of the ellipticals--turns out they calibrated it or something and it's much harder now--that was the one that was kicking my rear end the other day and I thought I was having an energy crisis lol. Guess I didn't need to order all that ginseng...It's ok, I have lots of cleaning to do-- daily thing really in my shelter/ cat house. I really love my cats but lordy they do take some energy to stay after. It's just constant-- I use the blacklight to keep track of spraying, and it's just a lot of litter tracking, and cat hair..this time of year is bad because it's just cold and wet and they don't even want to go in the back yard. They're spatty at each other too.
I'm excited about the new quoting feature too-- sounds really good!
Lisa--good to see you yeah the baby turned out fine, small and one kidney is a little smaller and further down. I'm taking some space from my daughter though for awhile she made some accusations about my husband that are completely untrue. She has a real problem with lying for attention, sympathy whatever it is and we have all just tolerated it--there's really no liars anonymous--but when it gets to a point where it is damaging to others there's no grey area for me. Her biological father is a pathological liar and she got this way by being around him. I never wanted him around her and he honored that but when she was a teenager she decided she wanted to know him...
Anyway that's an excerpt from an extremely long story and that's all I'll say right now...It's causing me a lot of conflict and stress though.

For a reward for reaching my goal this week. I'm going to go to a movie with my Mom tomorrow and I'm sure we'll talk about the situation. My Mom always seems to have a lot of sense when it comes to the girl.

Hello all! Just popping in for one last quick hello before they shut down the boards for the switch.

I didn't manage to get on the scale this morning, so I'll have to do my 1/31 final weigh-in tomorrow. I was down on Friday, but still not where I wanted to be. Oh well, at least down is better than nothing.

Gotta run ... see y'all in February!

Good morning and welcome to the new world of the new forums! Need to start trying to find my way around!

Boards/site changed and my password was giving me trouble. I got locked out but then didn't have time to sit and fiddle with password recovery until today. I hope everyone is doing well. I'm keeping pretty busy with new job. Had me scheduled 7 days a week but working on at least having full Sunday off. Saturday will be 3 1/2 hours only. Friday just 2 1/2 split between two shifts. I may try to keep the rest of my Friday clear for appointments since I seem to need them every 3 months or so.

Hey all.... in case you haven't seen it, the February challenge is up and moving! Come join us if you haven't already!!..................P

http://www.disboards.com/threads/20...ruary-wish-challenge-all-are-welcome.3375871/

Boards/site changed and my password was giving me trouble. I got locked out but then didn't have time to sit and fiddle with password recovery until today. I hope everyone is doing well. I'm keeping pretty busy with new job. Had me scheduled 7 days a week but working on at least having full Sunday off. Saturday will be 3 1/2 hours only. Friday just 2 1/2 split between two shifts. I may try to keep the rest of my Friday clear for appointments since I seem to need them every 3 months or so.

Melissa, we have already moved over to the February thread! See the link in Pam's post that I quoted above!

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Okay well still trying to find my way around I didn't know if the other was a new one or what. ;)

Well I love first week success! Down 4.2 lbs this week - my 1st week and I'm super diligent and focused!! Talk to me in 3 weeks :lmao:

I am proud to say I feel I have really kicked the diet soda habit. I've quit since the beginning of the year and I'm still alive. Not sure how but oh well. I've had maybe 3 in the 3 weeks when out and just by old habit ordered one instead of water. No soda, no coffee! Wow I sleep so much better!!!:cloud9:

I feel my sweet craving lessened too. I felt like I was such a sugar addict and I believe the artificial sweeteners having the stronger effects on some people actually feeds into the cravings making them worse. I had 1 little wafer cookie (the dreaded 4pm danger zone) and it seemed SO sweet to me. I chewed it super slowly.

I also started drinking my orange water (7 parts water to 1 part OJ). I think it's 4oz OJ to my big (26oz cup) giant cup of water. I got it from a Naturally Slim program that my husbands work did. The theory is that it keeps your blood sugar levels more stable and avoids the deep hunger pangs. I noticed I do feel like less snacking when I drink it. It was slightly bland at first but I've grown to quite like it.

Now to be focused over the weekend! Don;t forget Super Bowl next weekend so let's be good this week to allow for that splurge! :cheer2: :happytv: :cheer2:

I am seriously looking at this program. My big hold up is the $$ as my husband's work doesn't cover it or offer it. So I would have tho pay out of pocket.

What do you think of it so far?

Dawn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter