WISHING my life away - the old life! Comments welcome

Hi Taryn,

How are you feeling today? Yesterday sounded rough. How are you feeling today? I hope, hope, hope better. I think a rest day today sounds great. I needed one yesterday. I know for me heat and TOM do not mix well.

We had a nice, relaxing day today. I've eaten a lot today, but got in some exercise and that is not uncommon with TOM. Hopefully, I'll exercise some restraint during dessert though. I hope you had a great, relaxing day at your mom's and that you are enjoying having some time off from classes and before school starts.

Have a great week!

CC

Well, I totally forgot to update my journal last night. I was feeling better for the most part yesterday. I got a little woozy just before lunch, but nothing like the day before.

Then, I totally made up for it my eating all day long. COMPLETELY all day long. I did enter it in when I got home, and I must have forgotten somethings because the scale was up 2.5 lbs today. :scared1:

I know that it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound of fat, and I definitely didn't get to that, so I am blaming some on bloating and water weight.

Going for my run in a bit, so hopefully that will help. It's HOT already, almost 80 at 5:30. Between my knee bothering me, the heat, my worn out shoes, and the fact that I have to leave at 7:30 to get Anna Kat to gymnastics camp, my runs will be short this week. I am hoping for 3 3 milers, and maybe a 4. Hoping I can go get new shoes this weekend.

Rested all day, just hanging out in the recliner!

water - check
fruits and veggies - carrots, broccoli, watermelon, (several servings of each!)
exercise - modified Shred. I walked the cardio, did a few things differently on strength, but I moved the whole time. I am trying to target certain parts of my arms, my abs, and my inner thighs and hip flexors. Also tried not to do things that had me bending my knee too much or bouncing. MY SHOULDERS Are screaming this am!

the cow was to sit and focus on breathing. I sat and focused on eating. :laughing: But it was a very relaxing day. Mom and I watched Evan Almighty, Sophie played, and Anna Kat went to her cousin's to play.

I wonder how long it will be before I can have a church service without crying. Daddy died 10 months ago, and I think I have cried every Sunday. It's always a song. Yesterday it was "If we never meet again, this side of heaven" and talked about meeting by the "river". Daddy wanted a song called "I'll meet you by the river" sung at his funeral. Gosh, I miss him soooo much. The more tired and stressed I am, the worse it is. Both because I am emotional, and secondly because he was my rock in these times.

Enough. I've become a whiney baby brat this summer, and it's time to stop. I can't get healthy and lose weight until I get control of these emotions!

Off to change clothes for my run, so I'll be ready when the sun comes up! I'll be back tonight!

I have been having a disgusting sort of week, so I have been avoiding my journal. I need to get back on here.

I have been hitting the diet sooo hard this week. really watching what I eat, sodium, working out, doing everything "right". AND twice this week, I've woken up to 2+ lb gains in the morning. Earlier in the week, it was gone the next morning after my run. I can only hope that the same will happen in the am. I am very disappointed, as I really wanted to end this week at a normal BMI. now I just hope I can end up with a maintain for the week. I don't know what is going on with my body. I've been looking into colon cleanses, just to see if that would help my body get rid of material and digest better. Just not sure!

Today's COW was to make a list of all the positive things. I am going to try.

I have (had) lost 56 pounds in 6 months. That's almost one fourth of my body weight!
I went from a total couch potato, to running a minimum of 9 miles a week.
I was a creamer laden coffee drinker, now only black.
I was drinking over a liter of sundrop (southern soft drink) every day. Now, I drink over a liter of water a day.
I used to eat lots of processed foods, with little to no veggies and fruit. Now,most days I have 4 servings, but at least 3.
I went from a tight 16 or 18 to a size 8.
I have made great friends on the BL challenge.
I can now do everyday activities without getting winded.
My arms are the most defined and strongest they've ever been.
I weigh less than I did when I graduated high school.
People I've known all my life don't recognize me.
My family is eating healthier.
I am more conscious of the foods I allow in my house and body.
I am battling out of depression over losing Daddy without food.
I am more educated about what my body needs.

That's about all I can think of right now. I hope tomorrow's weigh in will be a pleasant surprise for a change!

Well, I've gone back to work. :sad1: I miss my girls! But, I have to pay bills, so Heigh ho, heigh ho.

I've had to neglect my journal a bit this week. BUT! Here are my accomplishments!

1. I HIT NORMAL BMI!:dance3:
2. Made my BL summer challenge goal a few weeks early, 158! 60 pounds GONE!
3. Ran 6 miles last Saturday, and 7 this Saturday
4. Learned about negative splits, and ran the 7 in only 6 minutes longer than the 6 the week before!
5. Got fitted for my first real pair of running shoes, and finally got some great bras!

That normal BMI and 158 are hanging on by a thread, so I've got to keep it up! I have 10 more pounds to lose, I think. Looking at my belly, I'm still not sure 10 will get me where I want to be. But I'm almost afraid that more than 10 will leave my other areas too small, if that's possible. Can't believe I just said that. :yay:

This week's COW:
Drink 6-8 oz of water each day (1 point for each day) ( 1 cup of coffee or tea counts)
Eat 3 servings of fruits & vegetables each day (1 point for each day)
Exercise 25 minutes each day (1 point for each day)
Take 10 minutes to relax each day (1 point for each day)

Friday - Lotsa water,
fruit and veggies: 2 servings cantaloupe, spinach
Exercise - I'm going to count all the work I did at school moving furniture, climbing up and down, running (yes I ran in the halls, bad teacher) whenever I needed to go somewhere.
Relax - I napped!

Saturday - Lotsa water
fruits and veggies: iceberg, watermelon, cantaloupe, spinach
Exercise - 7M run
Relax - took a bath in bath salts after my run!

Hi Taryn! I've been following your journal and the BL thread for a month or so now, and just wanted to let you know how inspiring you are! Maybe it's because we're both from VA, but for some reason seeing what you've done is really helping me to stay on track and have an "I can do this" mentality. It's awesome that you've hit the normal BMI! I was cheering for you when I read that :) Hope you've had a great weekend!

Hi Taryn! I've been following your journal and the BL thread for a month or so now, and just wanted to let you know how inspiring you are! Maybe it's because we're both from VA, but for some reason seeing what you've done is really helping me to stay on track and have an "I can do this" mentality. It's awesome that you've hit the normal BMI! I was cheering for you when I read that :) Hope you've had a great weekend!

Thanks for those sweet comments, fellow Virginian. ;) ! Glad I can inspire you,:hug: those ladies on the BL thread have been so inspirational to me! Best of luck to you!!!!

Girls spent the night with MIL and FIL, they are finally home from their visit to Texas. YAY for more babysitters!!! DH dropped them off on his way to work. I immediately started "cleaning", which mostly consisted of putting things where they belong, changing sheets, cleaning out toy boxes and toy closet, doing laundry, etc. I started at 7:30. Finally, AT 1AM, I konked out in the bed, but my mind was still thinking about everything I NEED to do. Didn't go to sleep until close to 2. Then at 3, the battery started beeping in the smoke detector to tell me it's dying. I forgot we have 2 upstairs, jerked them out of the one by my room, and it's still beeping. Called DH, he told me to check the other one. I'm sure getting a call from me at 3am scared him senseless! WHen I finally found the other one, and got back to sleep, it was 3:30ish. Alarm went off at 5. Going on about 3 hours sleep, so I'm not going to attempt a run this morning.

I'll just have to get in the bed EARLY tonight, and get up EARLY tomorrow to get it done!

I'm at the same weight I was Friday morning, so I am feeling pretty good about this week. School starts Wed, and I need to be on my game for those K kiddos!

COW for yesterday::
fruit and veggies: 2 servings cantaloupe, grapes, 2 serving steamed veggies - broccoli, cauliflower, carrots
Exercise - I'm going to count all the work I did cleaning. Surely moving for 5.5 hours counts, right???
Relax - I curled up on my mom's couch for a chat, picked some grapes off their grapevine. Daddy and I loved to go get "boo gapes" (blue grapes) together every late summer, so I thought of him! Also got some apples off his trees.. I miss him.

Just another manic Monday, I'm afraid!

Hi Taryn,

Sorry I've been so MIA. I don't know where the time goes and it seems like everytime I sign onto the Dis, I have to sign off (or a message goes "poof").

You are doing GREAT! Congrats on a "normal" BMI!!!!!!! :cool1::woohoo: That is so awesome! :yay::) I am so proud of you! :thumbsup2:banana:

Also, way to go on the 7 mile run!

I can't believe school starts for you already this week. The town where I live doesn't go back for another 2 weeks and some other local towns don't go back until after Labor Day.

I will try to check in more frequently. Have a great first day of school!

CC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter