With Magical Express going away, how are you getting to WDW in 2022?

GabetrixDisney

Mouseketeer
This seems like a big topic so forgive me if there is already a thread.

My trip is in February of 2022. I am very sad magical express is going away because I thought it was one of the greatest perks when visiting WDW.

My question is how is everyone getting to WDW to and from the airport? I personally don’t want to rent a car, I don’t want to drive but that’s just me. I know Taxi and Uber’s are options but are they crazy expensive? Anyone recommend a service?
Thanks

I have a Mears Connect reservation for my May 2022 trip. It was $24 roundtrip. I will report on how it goes, though I expect by that time we will have plenty of news. My hope is that they handle it much like ME is done now which they currently run.

I have a Mears Connect reservation for my May 2022 trip. It was $24 roundtrip. I will report on how it goes, though I expect by that time we will have plenty of news. My hope is that they handle it much like ME is done now which they currently run.

That's way cheaper than I thought it would be.

We have two trips planned for 2022: one with just DH & me, and one with our teenagers. We'll do Lyft. We find it to be the easiest and last time-consuming. If we had younger kids who still needed booster/car seats, though, we would likely do a private transfer through FL Tours (we've used them for years).

We actually started using Ubers a few years ago and have skipped the Magical Express, we found the ease & convenience and quickness of just grabbing our bags and a car and being on our way to be great. We go back to the airport that way, and often during our stay will utilize a Uber ride or two depending on our schedule & time of day.

So, we will continue to use Uber, it's been a great experience so far for us. Wouldn't hesitate to use a private car service either.

We were planning on a rental car or Mears Connect for our January trip - until we booked our flights and realized we'll have to leave the resort at dawn, and decided we didn't want to deal with returning a rental car or having to haul our luggage up from Level 1 to Level 3 to check it. So now we're booked with Tony Hinds.

How much is Uber to mco
Will be Sat afternoon
Will this be a problem very busy?

How much is Uber to mco
Will be Sat afternoon
Will this be a problem very busy?
When we were there in October it was $49 from the Swan to MCO. This was Lyft XL, Uber would have been a few dollars more.

We used Lyft/Uber several times from the hotel and from DS and never waited more than 5 minutes. Hotels to parks runs around $10-12. I don't think you'll have a problem getting a ride share when you want it.

We're booked for Mears Connect for our February trip - 7 adults, 1 child, 1 toddler (hoping Mears acknowledges the need for toddler safety seat). It was the luggage that threw me into Mears but the need for a safety seat was also a deciding factor. When it's just us, we'll use Uber.

When we were there in October it was $49 from the Swan to MCO. This was Lyft XL, Uber would have been a few dollars more.

We used Lyft/Uber several times from the hotel and from DS and never waited more than 5 minutes. Hotels to parks runs around $10-12. I don't think you'll have a problem getting a ride share when you want it.

so is Lyft cheaper than Uber?
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter