With Magical Express going away, how are you getting to WDW in 2022?

so is Lyft cheaper than Uber?
Thanks
Sometimes. You may want to check price for both for every trip, since rates vary due to demand and available cars at a particular time. Sometimes one will be lower, sometimes the other. It’s good to have both apps on your phone so you can compare.

We'll be using the Mears Connected on our first trip back to check it out. If that works , that's what we'll continue to use.

Ok so I hate to assume
But for 3 people will private transport be cheaper
Thanks

Ok so I hate to assume
But for 3 people will private transport be cheaper
Thanks
Assuming you mean a rideshare for private transport, it likely depends on the cost at the actual time of requesting a ride. Mears adult fare is $16/person each way, Child fare is $13.50 each way. The Uber/Lyft option right now (checking using their apps for an MCO to Boardwalk trip, as an example) would be $44 for either Uber XL or Lyft XL (necessary for three people). All of these are before gratuity. At a busier time, Uber/Lyft might well be higher. Any of the prebooked car services would be much higher, and really a different level of service.

I have a family of 4. We will likely Uber it. The $24 round trip for the bus seems great but once you add another 3 people to it, it adds up to the point where, to me, it makes a lot more sense to Uber it and avoid the inconveniences of bus transportation.

Assuming you mean a rideshare for private transport, it likely depends on the cost at the actual time of requesting a ride. Mears adult fare is $16/person each way, Child fare is $13.50 each way. The Uber/Lyft option right now (checking using their apps for an MCO to Boardwalk trip, as an example) would be $44 for either Uber XL or Lyft XL (necessary for three people). All of these are before gratuity. At a busier time, Uber/Lyft might well be higher. Any of the prebooked car services would be much higher, and really a different level of service.
I've seen Uber X (not even XL) be almost $90 from MCO to WL. A car service will cost more then the lowest possible ride share fare. You request a ride share after you claim your luggage. How long will wait to see if the (used to be called) surge pricing goes down? A pre-booked car service gives you a firm price and generally a brief shopping stop.

Let me “third” FLTours. Not only are they the cheapest of all the fan-site-endorsed services (I priced four or five), they were still much cheaper than a rental car for a week for four of us. They only have Suburbans and limos and they are spotless inside and out. Door-to-door service, great communication, and super nice drivers. I was thoroughly impressed. We will definitely use them again (when we finally feel like it’s worth returning).

We're going with Tiffany Towncar. We've done both ME and car services over the years and ME became very stressful for the return trip to MCO (almost missed our flight a few times due to their delays picking up at various resorts). It's $150 round trip, which I feel is worth the price for individualized service.

We get a rental like we have in the past. I try not to think of the cost too much since it is really high now, but we like having the option to go where we want, when we want. We don´t go into the parks every day, so we save money there to put towards the car.

Same way I did my first few trips. 🚌 Mears Connect (or the current equivalent).
It's cheaper than an "on-call" ride share, since I'm travelling solo now, and I think it's actually less expensive today than it was 30+ years ago, even with the inflation factor.

No current plans to go to Disney, but based on the elimination of DME we would rent a car if we did go. Always did that in the past and gave us the most flexibility if we decide to shop/eat off-site from Disney. If you take a few other trips using any of those online taxi services, it can quickly add up.

I'm still deciding. We'd prefer to not rent just to have the car sit for a week but I have one kid who needs a 5 point restraint.

Since a rental would set us back about 400 to 500, anything less than that is fair game.

No current plans to go to Disney, but based on the elimination of DME we would rent a car if we did go. Always did that in the past and gave us the most flexibility if we decide to shop/eat off-site from Disney. If you take a few other trips using any of those online taxi services, it can quickly add up.
Rental car costs are $$$$. Resorts charge for parking. Ride share costs are reasonable and available

When I look at the Mears Connect site, it says "entertainment for family" as you drive. What are they referring to? Are there still going to be Disney videos playing on the bus?

I’ll use Mears Connect. I paid for their transportation service before Disney offered it for free. It was great to have it complimentary for 15 years. Now I’ll pay for it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter