(Wizard 101) Quest Tips & Help Thread!

Finally made it to the last tower in Dragonspyre. Anyone available to join me for the tower run. Was thinking about trying tonight (after 7 pm eastern) or tomorrow (after 11 am eastern). PM or post if interested in helping.

TIA

Not sure if I will be home at that time, no plans yet but DH needs to go back to PriMed this morning for some minor procedure (don't know if he wants me to go too ;) ), but if I am I'll show up to help. Since you are on my list, you'll know if I'm there. lol!

Kim

I found this from clarence7 on Wizard Central:

Go to wizard 101 web site and log in
Click on Redeem Card or code
Click on Wizard 101 Promotional Codes
Enter the word frog in all lowercase letters
Credit to Bzzagent

I tried it and it works

From PrincessNoel: summer dragon
From today's tv commercial: home
Any other codes out there? I don't know what 'home' gives you, I just now saw the ad.

From PrincessNoel: summer dragon
From today's tv commercial: home
Any other codes out there? I don't know what 'home' gives you, I just now saw the ad.

I tried "home" and got a "stained end table" It's basically a 2 drawer night stand.

When I used "frog", a while ago, I got 500 gold.

"summer dragon" gave me a dragon.
:hippie:

...Any other codes out there?...

The below codes may have been limited time/item codes, but it does not hurt to try. You only can get 1 of each item per account, no matter how many different codes give you that item. You also can only get the items on 1 wizard per account, so be sure to log onto that wizard to redeem the code.

Item - Codes (you can only use 1 code per item per account)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Thunder Snake amulet - "wizard", "spell", "magic", "merle", or "gamma"
500 gold - "frog"
Summer Dragon pet - "summerdragon"
Stained End Table furniture - "house", "land", or "castle"
Death Scarab pet - "specialgift" or "seveneleven" (think these are no longer good)
-
I will try to make the next steps as precise at possible, but since I have no new codes to enter there are some screens I can not see at the moment. To redeem the codes do it in this order:
1) Go to wizard101.com and login to your account.
2) On the left under your account name click on "Redeem Card or Code".
3) Click on "Wizard101 Promotional Codes".
4) Enter the code (with no spaces & does not seem that case matters) in the box on the bottom and click "Continue". If the code is still active you should go to another screen.
5) Click "Activate Now". If the code has not exceeded its time or number limit and you have not used it before it should tell you that the code has now been activated on your account.
6) You can now either put in another code for that account, put in codes on a different account, or close the browser. If you wish to enter the codes for a different account be sure to change the logon.
7) After the browser is closed you will want to start up the game, logon the account you used the codes on, and choose the wizard you want the items to go to.
8) Once the game is started you should get a gift icon popping up in the lower left hand corner of the window. Click on that icon. A box should pop up with all the gifts you activated. Click on each of these gifts and then on "Accept Gift". The gift will now be in you inventory.

KI announces a new chat for adults on Wizard101's website

New Chat Enhancements Announced
We are releasing new community enhancements very soon!

One of the enhancements is 18+ Chat*. 18+ Chat will allow players a more open communication environment with other 18+ players. Starting tonight, we are adding web-based account controls for 18+ chat. Please be aware that although the control will be added to your account, 18+ Chat will NOT be launched tonight.

This chat feature is in response to our community's requests. To ensure the highest level of safety, we have chosen to launch this for our active Subscriber community only. Please note that this option is off by default, and you must actively select this option under Account Management.

Our terms for in-game communication with other players will remain the same. Violent and abusive behavior, as well as the exchange of personal information is still not acceptable.

Once we launch this feature, the following updates to chat will apply:
  • Menu Chat (default setting for under13)
    • players will continue to see only Menu Chat.
  • 13 to 18+ Text Chat (default setting for 13+)
    • players will continue to see only our Dictionary Text Chat.
    • players will NOT see the 18+ chat.
  • New 18+ Chat
    • will be filtered for profanity.
*Accounts must be 18+ and must be an active subscriber with a valid credit card on file.

KI announces a new chat for adults on Wizard101's website
Curious how many of you are planning to use this? Looks like I'll lose my ability to communicate with adult subscribers (again!) since I use access passes.

I've been quite happy with the present text chat; not a big deal after three years of VMK. What do you all think of this issue?

Curious how many of you are planning to use this? Looks like I'll lose my ability to communicate with adult subscribers (again!) since I use access passes.

I've been quite happy with the present text chat; not a big deal after three years of VMK. What do you all think of this issue?

I agree with you, I am also happy wit the current chat. Not sure I will use the new one.

I am a subscriber, but I guess lot of parents will keep the regular chat so they can talk with their kids. I also have a few kids (teens) in my friend list. So i will probably stick with the current filtered chat.

Another thing I like about the filtered chat is that it forces people to write the word correctly. I dont like reading abbreviations.

I'm with JGoof! I really don;t have the need for the "adult" chat, unless it forgives typos! LOL!

Wizard101: If you become a Wizard101 fan on Facebook before Fri. 6-12 @ 5pm CST, you will be sent a promo code for a special gift!

Posted by Gamma on Wizard101 forum:
New 18+ Chat
will be filtered for profanity.
will see 3 colors in the chat window: white means 13+ can see it, yellow means 18+ can see it, red is filtered

Seems 13+ will be able to communicate with 18+ chatters.

Looks like KI impremented it the right way. :thumbsup2

This means I might actually switch to the adult chat. I'll see out it goes

Posted by Gamma on Wizard101 forum:

Seems 13+ will be able to communicate with 18+ chatters.

Looks like KI impremented it the right way. :thumbsup2

This means I might actually switch to the adult chat. I'll see out it goes
Woot, this actually sounds like a reasonable way to do it! Way to go, KI. :thumbsup2

A "little birdy" tells me the following items are coming next week to the test server:
1) A new world named Grizzleheim will be added. It is based on Norse mythology and has bears/wolves/ravens for inhabitants. Parts of the new world will be available to all players (including free).
2) 18+ chat will be available to all who set that preference in the account info. This chat will only be filtered for profanity. I suspect they will have a dictionary of disallowed words that chat will be filtered against. However giving out personal information is still not advised.
3) Grouping - Not quite sure how they will implement this, but might be like a party system for battles.
4) Auction house - Not sure what exactly they will allowed to be auctioned, but fits in very well with next item.
5) Crafting - You will be able to buy Equipment, Spell Card, Furniture, and General/Basic crafting tables in game for your dorm room/house. With these tables you can craft items once you get the recipes and items needed. Also buying treasure cards from the libraries will be discontinued. You will have to craft or maybe get them from the auction house.

Sometime around the end of August they will be introducing "advanced pets". Once again no details were given, but my thoughts are pets that you can equip with spell cards at the least. The most I would hope for are pets that you can equip with clothes or other items and that actually fight with you.

One thing that was NOT mentioned and is unlikely soon is a level cap increase.

Also Wizard101 has gone over 3 million accounts now, but it will not be announced due to Free Realms doing it much faster.

...don;t have the need for the "adult" chat, unless it forgives typos!...
The 18+ chat will not use a dictionary to allow you what to say.:thumbsup2 All your typos will be seen by anybody using 18+ chat.;) The only thing that you will not see is "profanity" and this probably will use another dictionary that disallows those words.

A "little birdy" tells me the following items are coming next week to the test server:

4) Auction house - Not sure what exactly they will allowed to be auctioned, but fits in very well with next item.
5) Crafting - You will be able to buy Equipment, Spell Card, Furniture, and General/Basic crafting tables in game for your dorm room/house. With these tables you can craft items once you get the recipes and items needed.
Are you sure your "little birdy" isn't pulling your leg? Although auction houses and crafting are standard elements of adult MMORPGs, I think they'd be terribly out of place in Wizard101.

If this is true, then I think KingsIsle has forgotten that this is supposed to be a kid's game. Sounds like they've hired a bunch of ex-WoW/EQ/LOTRO programmers who are trying to force their "grown-up" MMO concepts on this game.

Also buying treasure cards from the libraries will be discontinued. You will have to craft or maybe get them from the auction house.
This has to be one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard.

Their rationale for not allowing item trading has always been that they don't want kids to be taken advantage of through unfair trades. Since an auction will most likely require in-game gold, doesn't this pose an even greater danger??? I can just see some kid blowing his whole bankroll on a Ninja Pig card...

One thing that was NOT mentioned and is unlikely soon is a level cap increase.
No level increase = No play.

My GrandMasters (and I have 5 of them) have tons of side quests they haven't done, because I refuse to have all that XP go to waste.

If KingsIsle is so set on aping other online games, then they need to take care of this problem. It is Standard Operating Procedure for MMOs to raise level caps when significant new content is added. They should have done it when Dragonspyre was added, but they said they would do it for "the summer session". If they don't do it now, then they are in serious trouble.

Hmm, so does this mean they're taking away my little fist and arrow cards from the library? But, I really like making my own treasure cards! lol

I just hope these new 'crafting' tables will let me pick up on doing my own cards...a lot of them at a time no less. lol

Kim

I will wait and see on this, but agree that keeping the cap the same is going to lose them some customers.

I do not see the point in spending hours doing a difficult quest (like Malistaire) and getting zero credit. I also like to get stuff at the library, especially pixie cards and tough, etc.

Finally, I loathe trading and auction type stuff - not my thing, I guess - I would rather have a choice of some kind.

Just my 2 cents - but I really dont want to sound that down on the game - I really enjoy and I WILL wait and see!

:hippie:

...you sure your "little birdy" isn't pulling your leg?...
If you remember when Chedstro first announced this game going to closed beta soon, you will realize who the "little birdy" is. She does have the inside scoop and I do not think she is kidding us.
...auction houses and crafting are standard elements of adult MMORPGs, I think they'd be terribly out of place in Wizard101...
Is crafting a whole lot different than farming for completed items. I would think that getting a somewhat unique item by farming/searching for recipes and items might be better. I do however foresee problems from auctions/trading.
...I think KingsIsle has forgotten that this is supposed to be a kid's game...
Actually it has always been a game meant for 10+. However with the large percentage of adults playing they are trying to add more things for them. I have no problem with that as long as they make it so kids are still safe.
...No level increase = No play...
...It is Standard Operating Procedure for MMOs to raise level caps when significant new content is added...
From what I was told they are having problems with raising the level cap. Since you can finish Dragonspyre and do most of the side quests without maxing out (as long as you do not farm or redo quests/instances much) I do not have a problem with that also. Since Grizzleheim is really a side world, as long as the enemies are not significantly more powerful and the quests there give more item rewards, a level raise is not any more needed there either.

As far as SOP - Guild Wars has always had a level cap that you reach well before finishing any of the initial campaigns. It has been that way from when they started with 1 campaign and is that way today (3 campaigns and an expansion). I reached max level a while ago and have yet to finish even 1 campaign. However I still enjoy the story lines and customizing my characters with different spells/clothes/weapons for the different enemies faced.

This is all to say I will welcome some of the new things added IF they are handled right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter