(Wizard 101) Quest Tips & Help Thread!

Well, finally got through Dragonspyre and am ready to face Malistaire. Anyone interested in putting a group together in the next few days or even next weekend? I am Grand-Master Life with Storm and Fire as my secondary schools. Thanks.

Well, finally got through Dragonspyre and am ready to face Malistaire. Anyone interested in putting a group together in the next few days or even next weekend? I am Grand-Master Life with Storm and Fire as my secondary schools. Thanks.

Hi!

I would love to help, unfortunatly, I will be quite busy this week. The only time I can would be Saturday evening or Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Btw, I am eastern time.

Hey Gilroy,
So kind of you to offer. The weekend would be great. I am available any of those times (also on Eastern Daylight) so just let me know which time is best for you. Thanks so very much. It will be fun to battle the big boss with you after fighting so many others together.

Hey Gilroy,
So kind of you to offer. The weekend would be great. I am available any of those times (also on Eastern Daylight) so just let me know which time is best for you. Thanks so very much. It will be fun to battle the big boss with you after fighting so many others together.

Good Morning Savannah!

We'll be needing one more wizard to open the door to Malistaire's lair. It's still early for me to set a time, I will get back to you about this Wednesday or Thursday.

...We'll be needing one more wizard to open the door to Malistaire's lair...
I have heard that if you go in with 2 players and set a flag near the third switch you can port to the flag after activating the other 2 switches and get it in time. I don't know if I would chance it if you need the instance, but it may be worth a try even if you have 3 or 4 players.

Thanks Bob.

Whatever time works best for you, Gilroy, and anyone else who wants to go. I'm game to try the setting of the port but would be very happy to have someone else come too who either needs the instance or just wants to farm. All help is most welcome.

I don't have any plans so far for Saturday, so let me know a time and I'll try to see if I can help. Most of the time early on Saturday I hit the game anyway, but I realize most people don't get up as early as I do! lol
So just let me know when, and I will see about making plans to be there. :)

Kim

I have heard that if you go in with 2 players and set a flag near the third switch you can port to the flag after activating the other 2 switches and get it in time. I don't know if I would chance it if you need the instance, but it may be worth a try even if you have 3 or 4 players.

I thought about doing this, but never got to try it. I might not work with every wizard. Last Saturday night Kim's wizard was taking forever to switch rooms.

It's definitly worth a try

I thought about doing this, but never got to try it. I might not work with every wizard. Last Saturday night Kim's wizard was taking forever to switch rooms.

It's definitly worth a try

Yup I'm the one person you plant by the first crystal and leave alone! lol
(Still loading slower and slower.....) lol People can jump to me as I'm loading and still beat me into the room! lol

Kim

Hi Savannah, Kim and Bob,

I dont quite remember how long the Malistaire run is. I think it's about 2 hours if we take the short route. Right?

I will be available on Saturday 9am. If possible would like to be done by noon.

Otherwise Saturday 8pm is also good.

I have room around these times if it not good for you.

I finally gathered all the ingredients for the five Daggers.

There are a lot of cat tails in the Mooshu's common area. In the ponds around the Moodah statue and the other pond in the courtyard to the left.

I also found a lot of Mist Wood along the roads of Hametsu Village.

EDIT: I went on the next potion quest in Krokotopia. I gathered all the ingredients but one. We need a total of 30 stone blocks. But we can't see the blocks, we only see the the shadow on the ground... :( I reported the bug to KI. I decided not to continue until I can find those blocks more easily.

I finally gathered all the ingredients for the five Daggers.

There are a lot of cat tails in the Mooshu's common area. In the ponds around the Moodah statue and the other pond in the courtyard to the left.

I also found a lot of Mist Wood along the roads of Hametsu Village.

EDIT: I went on the next potion quest in Krokotopia. I gathered all the ingredients but one. We need a total of 30 stone blocks. But we can't see the blocks, we only see the the shadow on the ground... :( I reported the bug to KI. I decided not to continue until I can find those blocks more easily.

I reported the stone block bug, too. But I had gathered enough to make at least one ring, and it wouldn't let me create. It gave me an error message that all the slots were full or something. I reported that as well.

I went on the next potion quest in Krokotopia. I gathered all the ingredients but one. We need a total of 30 stone blocks. But we can't see the blocks, we only see the the shadow on the ground... :( I reported the bug to KI. I decided not to continue until I can find those blocks more easily.
Inside the hallways, look for a little sparkling patch that repeats every few seconds. For some reason, they don't all sparkle -- but many of them do.

Picture2009-06-1922-45-55.jpg

They aren't only along the sides, either. They might also be out in the middle of the hallways.

I also successfully found some stone blocks in both Hyde Park and Knight's Court in Marleybone. They may be in other areas, too, but those are the only places I looked.

I reported the stone block bug, too. But I had gathered enough to make at least one ring, and it wouldn't let me create. It gave me an error message that all the slots were full or something. I reported that as well.
It sounds like your previous item was still crafting. Each recipe has a cooldown timer associated with it. A crafting slot isn't open until the timer is done. For the rings, I think the timer is an hour. For the next item (athames), it's three and a half hours!!! (And you need a ton of stone blocks for that task, too.)

You can check your timer on the character screen, next to the badge icon.

But at least by the time you get to the three and a half hour recipe you at least have two crafting slots.

Inside the hallways, look for a little sparkling patch that repeats every few seconds. For some reason, they don't all sparkle -- but many of them do.

They aren't only along the sides, either. They might also be out in the middle of the hallways.

I also successfully found some stone blocks in both Hyde Park and Knight's Court in Marleybone. They may be in other areas, too, but those are the only places I looked.

Thanks, I had seen you answer on W101 Central. I gave it a second try, I now have ten blocks. I still find it's taking too much time... I 'll wait until the next update... :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter