(Wizard 101) Quest Tips & Help Thread!

I'm wondering if any of thing we can craft are any more powerful that we already have?

Also, I was liking the giant Yardbirds. Alas, they have now been shrunk to the size of the smiths. LOL!

I have already blasted my opinion about the new and not so improved Malistaire all over the Wizard101 Central site so I won't do it again here.

This new 100,000 health Malistaire could certainly be the deciding factor in whether or not I continue to play this game or go back to SmallWorlds which seems to be getting cooler all the time.

I haven't been this frustrated with a game since that last big quest that VMK had and Wizard I pay for! I have the advantage of access to forums for help and tips, as well as, open chat. How in the world are players that don't go to the forums or have open chat ever going to stand a chance?

I have already blasted my opinion about the new and not so improved Malistaire all over the Wizard101 Central site so I won't do it again here.

This new 100,000 health Malistaire could certainly be the deciding factor in whether or not I continue to play this game or go back to SmallWorlds which seems to be getting cooler all the time.

I haven't been this frustrated with a game since that last big quest that VMK had and Wizard I pay for! I have the advantage of access to forums for help and tips, as well as, open chat. How in the world are players that don't go to the forums or have open chat ever going to stand a chance?
I read your post over on Central -- and I wholeheartedly agree! I hope you send your feelings to KingsIsle. They really need to get that feedback. Heaven knows, I've given them several pieces of my mind recently.

I'm glad I was able to get 2 more wizards through Malistaire this past weekend (with LafChill's able assistance). However, we both have Myth wizards just starting Dragonspyre. Now, knowing what lies ahead, it's hard to get motivated to play. I honestly don't know how we will ever be able to defeat him.

I never thought these ridiculous changes would make it off the test server. It's not just Malistaire (and the Jade Oni), either. Reports are coming in about other bosses who have been "improved". Sergeant Skullsplitter in Triton Avenue apparently casts blades on himself & his minion, a trap on you, and then attacks -- all in the same turn! Meowiarty in Big Ben will go out of turn to dismantle any shields or blades you put up. So you might as well forget about protecting or buffing yourself....

What does this teach kids? Don't bother developing your skills and strategies because they will be meaningless in the end? Because the game breaks its own rules in these fights?!?

I find this to be completely unacceptable. If it is not changed soon, I feel I will have no choice but to cancel my subscription.

Way to go, KingsIsle! You've managed to ruin a perfectly wonderful game.

I gave my negative feedback to Kingsisle- someone was speculating that they might be trying to pull in a different audience - ie, more serious gamers? That's fine, but they have left me in the dust, along with some others. I mostly solo, etc and cannot dedicate hours and hours to fighting impossible bosses. Also, I had enjoyed that I felt I mastered some of the card strategy, but with the bosses able to avoid all the rules, the game becomes fairly senseless, to me. I also am having trouble accumulating money or crowns for housewares, etc so I am going to play about one more month and then cancel - I watn to get a house for my four year old granddaughter, who has a level 26 wizard. She will love buying furnishings, etc. Then we will put her to "bed" and log off. Too bad.

They closed the thread over there because it was starting to get too heated. Should I start a new one? ;)

With all the new changes, I just don't feel like playing anymore. I was going to take advantage of the 60.00 a year subscription for my third account that I currently use crowns for. I am so glad I didn't now. I'm all for change and a new challenge but this is over the top.

This is not good news! I have my solo Life wizard about to take on Big Ben. DH and my Ice wizard are just about done with Moo Shu. He may never know the joy of defeating Malistaire after all his hard work.

I guess it's time to go get a real life. LOL!

Just to let you know of something I just found out.

When you are done crafting all the items required by the craft master. You need to have all the items in your backpack in order to complete the quest. So don't sell them like I did... :guilty:

I had sold my rings for the first task from Krok's craft master. And he would not complete my task. His "?" was grey. I went to the Bazaar to buy the items i was missing. Then he accepted to complete my task and gave me another one.

Happy Crafting! :stir:

Thought you guys might be happy to see that they are at least listening.

link to main board post

ProfessorDrake said:
Hello students..

I am hearing loud and clear the message that many of you do not approve of the enhanced boss fights, or at least the way in which they were implemented.

The idea behind these was not to make the game more "hardcore", more difficult or to make it impossible to group. We simply wanted those encounters to be more interesting than 1. Defeat Monster, 2. Collect Loot. Each of the we changed bosses had a twist on normal combat, or required a specific strategy to be employed, like a puzzle.

Rest assured, we have heard your displeasure, and we will re-visit the boss fights very soon.

Cyrus Drake
Professor of Myth
Ravenwood School of Magical Arts
En Magus Nos Fides

This is one reason I have supported Wizard 101 since beta last year. How often with VMK did our concerns disappear into the "black cyber hole"? At least the folks at KingsIsle appear to listen and address player concerns. Many thanks to them for that. It means a lot.

My daughter tried to play Wizard101 today for the first time since the update. She tried to defeat Malistaire about four times and tried the crafting. All I could hear was the frustration. She has convinced two of her friends who also play Wizard to go back to TT. Not the best option but at least she is having fun. I am still waiting to see how KI fixes the current situation. Someone on Central posted that the game now seems like a second job with all the time you spend doing the crafting. I might be on the search for a new game again. :sad2:

Someone on Central posted that the game now seems like a second job with all the time you spend doing the crafting. I might be on the search for a new game again. :sad2:
I haven't even tried the crafting yet. But considering how much stuff is in the bazaar, I kind of wonder why I need to craft at all. If I knew that really unique housing items could be made at the Krok level or lower, I might have an incentive.

In the meantime, it's all I can do to keep up with my bazaar purchases. To a crowns player who loves to piddle around with housing, this is like being a kid in a candy store. :thumbsup2

I haven't played in a while. There sure is a lot going on :)

Is anyone interested in going through the Labyrinth with me tonight? I was going to start it but saw it takes two hours, so figured I'd have dinner. I figured I'd start it in the 7:00 eastern range. I like having company when I'm working in a long instance area :)

Myth School
I am trying to find out all the spells for Myth School, and I am wondering about the Minotaur Minoin.
Does anyone know the spells he knows?

I am Cody LionHeart and Kevin EarthCaster on Wizards
Cody LionHeart Level 9 Myth/Ice (Going to change Ice to Life soon)
Kevin Earthcaster Level 10 Life/Fire

-Shadowkevin

Regarding the minotaur minion in myth school - I think he is worthless - his spells are virtually always feint and distract type spells - The cylops minion is far more versatile and I always use him in battles when I am alone or there are less than four others with me - I have soloed most of dragonspyre, by the way, with just my cyclops. I have all his protective and buffing spells, as well. I do not use the sacrifice minion spell, however, so sometimes he is still standing and I am defeated - lol.

Hope this helps

I am grandmaster Myth/Ice

I think I will like the new boss fights.

Starting tomorrow:

There will be an update to Wizard101 July 8th at 3am Central US Time that will include the following important updates!

Enhanced Boss Encounters Update
The bosses of the Spiral have been taught a lesson by Merle Ambrose, and they will no longer interrupt your combat! All the Enhanced Boss Battles are back to normal, but the bosses have kept their knowledge of Power Pips, and they will earn and use Power Pips just like a Wizard.

Crafting Updates
More Mist Wood and Scrap Iron will be appearing in the Spiral, and should be easier for Wizards to find as they learn the ways of Reagents and Crafting.

Cool down timers on some recipes have been lowered to allow Wizards to create items more quickly.

Reagents have been added as rewards for Mini Games!

The reagents needed for Treasure Cards have been reduced, most notably the number of Treasure Card ingredients needed to create the final Treasure Card.

The descriptions for some of the Craft-able Items were incomplete and should now reflect all the bonuses the items grant the player.

Treasure Card Updates
Harold Argleston in the Wizard City Library, and Zan’ne in the Krokotopia Library will have some of their inventory of Treasure Cards renewed, but at a cost. Treasure Cards in the Library will be more expensive than in the Bazaar, and the Bazaar will be more expensive than Crafting your own Treasure Cards. *

Quest Updates
The Weapons Cache in Merkholm will once again allow players to interact with it, without having to switch Realms.
Death Students will be acknowledged for completing the Sweet Revenge quest.

Stump Worms will be appearing once again for the Good Eats quest.

Housing Update
The Wallpaper and Floor textures that had suddenly turned pink and purple for many Wizards, will once again appear as their normal wallpaper and floor patterns!

Thank you to all our young Wizards who gave us feedback and bug reports!

See you in Wizard City!
~Professor Greyrose

Regarding the minotaur minion in myth school - I think he is worthless - his spells are virtually always feint and distract type spells -
The Minotaur Minion is one of the most misunderstood minions in the game, imo. He can be absolutely awesome when used properly. You really need to call him early in the battle, and then let him pull aggro for a turn or two. (In other words, don't cast HumongoFrog right away after summoning him. His taunts won't be effective then.) He really shines in boss battles, since he can keep the boss's attention off of you while you set up bigger hits. I've come out of some boss battles with barely a scratch because my Minotaur was taking all the hits.

I believe they have also changed his deck. Although I've only used him once or twice since the most recent update, he was more aggressive than previously. He taunted a bit less, and cast his personal attack, Troll, and Ghoul more.

Hi everyone! I've been lurking around these boards for a while and I think I want to start playing Wizard 101 again.

I just have one question: what is up with these "castles" and "bazaars" that everyone is talking about? Is the new world a flea market or something? :laughing:

I just have one question: what is up with these "castles" and "bazaars" that everyone is talking about? Is the new world a flea market or something? :laughing:

You can select and purchase your own personal estate/castle which you can then furnish and decorate. You can also have friends over to your home rather than just being stuck with only a set dorm room.

The bazaar is a very new addition which allows players to sell off items that they don't need/want and other players can buy those items. Certain items are marked 'no auction' though and can't be sold at the bazaar. Also the price you get for selling, as well as the price you pay to buy will depend on the number of that item that the shopkeeper currently has in stock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter