WOC Dessert Party Detailed Review of Opening Weekend (4/23/22)

Thanks so much for the detailed report report and pics (and thx to Sophy too for her report!). Very helpful as I plan out my May trip with my mom - we are both excited for this event! It sure seems like the right call for us to keep our reservations, now just hoping for a lucky table where we both can view!

Thanks so much for the detailed report report and pics (and thx to Sophy too for her report!). Very helpful as I plan out my May trip with my mom - we are both excited for this event! It sure seems like the right call for us to keep our reservations, now just hoping for a lucky table where we both can view!
When my sib and I went we were pretty close to show time and all that was left were low tables. We didn’t have A problem with the view. I’m short. That being said we will try to get high top tables when we go with my kids.

When my sib and I went we were pretty close to show time and all that was left were low tables. We didn’t have A problem with the view. I’m short. That being said we will try to get high top tables when we go with my kids.
That’s great to know! I am short too - will try not to stress over it & just enjoy what we get to experience!

Thank you for the wonderful review and pictures. It looks great and reaffirms my choice to try to get seats for our June trip. I've been checking every day as a trial run and it seems like they sell out almost instantly. I hope we can get some.

Does anyone know if adults can order the Shirley Temple type drink? Nobody in our party drinks alcohol.

If anyone with kids over 9 is able to get the sippers please let me know. Do they ask the kids ages? I'm guessing it might depend on the CM?

(@SOCALMouseMommy- I totally agree about people putting kids on their shoulders! Especially if you wait a long time for a show and right at the last minute everyone in front of you appears to get 3 feet taller. I'm short and always try to find a place where I'd have a decent view, but the kids on shoulders really block everything for me.)

Thank you for the wonderful review and pictures. It looks great and reaffirms my choice to try to get seats for our June trip. I've been checking every day as a trial run and it seems like they sell out almost instantly. I hope we can get some.

Does anyone know if adults can order the Shirley Temple type drink? Nobody in our party drinks alcohol.

If anyone with kids over 9 is able to get the sippers please let me know. Do they ask the kids ages? I'm guessing it might depend on the CM?

(@SOCALMouseMommy- I totally agree about people putting kids on their shoulders! Especially if you wait a long time for a show and right at the last minute everyone in front of you appears to get 3 feet taller. I'm short and always try to find a place where I'd have a decent view, but the kids on shoulders really block everything for me.)
Non-alcoholic beverages are unlimited for adults and kids. My SIL only had one of the tequila drinks and had the Shirley Type type drink after.

Thank you so much for the review. We have done this in previous years and although it is expensive it was worth it to sit and have some space during the show. I am going to plan on doing this again this fall when we go with my daughter and her bf. He has never been before and we will have their little one with us.

Thanks for the wonderful review! I have two questions: first, how do you book the dessert party? Secondly, are the alcoholic drinks an additional charge above the $89?

I do have one more question. You mentioned two dessert menus. Is the other one more expensive?

Just trying to figure out my actual cost. 😀

Thanks for the wonderful review! I have two questions: first, how do you book the dessert party? Secondly, are the alcoholic drinks an additional charge above the $89?

I do have one more question. You mentioned two dessert menus. Is the other one more expensive?

Just trying to figure out my actual cost. 😀
You can book here:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/world-of-color-dessert-party/

Reservations are going within minutes of them releasing them. It looks like they’ve released them through 6/24 at this point.

Alcohol is included! Two alcoholic beverages per adult (and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks like bottled water, soda, coffee and tea).

There is only one dessert menu but I forgot to take a picture of the menu that was on our table that night so I borrowed a photo of the menu from the previous night from a fellow DISer. The menu was the same.

As I was coming back from the restroom people were the CMs where they could watch if they didn’t get a color group in the virtual queue and the CMs were directing them to stand by the wall in front of Little Mermaid. I am not sure how well you can see the show from there.
We were there the first night and didn't get a chance to try for the virtual queue since we weren't in the parks until the afternoon. We got to the viewing area around 9:55 for the 10:15 show and found a spot just in front of where there are stairs at the left side of the Little Mermaid, roughly where the little grey dot is in the aerial photo. There were garbage cans there that were perfect to stand behind (see second picture) and not have to worry about anyone blocking the view. Honestly, having experienced WOC from multiple viewing areas (including the dining package area), crammed shoulder to shoulder in with people, this was by far the best viewing spot and experience we've had. No masses of people, no worries about people putting kids on their shoulders or coming in at the last moment in front of us since there were staff keeping the walking path open. If I'd had a kid that needed to be put on shoulders, I wouldn't have felt bad doing it here because there was no one behind us. My 11-year old didn't have the best view but it was far better than he would have had in one of the other viewing areas unless we got there super early and were against a railing between sections. 1650944993525.png

Attachments

• WOC viewing spot.PNG
    WOC viewing spot.PNG
    794.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
When I did a dining package we were toward the back as well (it was the Carthay Circle package). I remember looking over at the dessert party while I was standing there. I’m not sure if it’s different now.
WCT dining package area was closer to the front. With either package, I think you could request to be in the wet zone. I know we requested that at least once.

I was under the impression the zone in the center was the one used for the reserved dining spots. 🤔 I better recheck the maps
Provided that there have been no changes, the area in the center, further back, is for CCR. There is an area closer to the front for WCT.

It used to depend on which restaurant you booked. They had separate area for Wine Country vs Carthay.
Correct.

We've done the dining package several times, and you do have to arrive quite early to ensure front access. Not everyone wants to be in the very front because you will get wet/damp at the least.

I'd say you line up about 60 minutes before the area opens.
This sounds like the WCT section. Check the wind direction on the night of your show. If the wind is blowing away from the viewing area, you can be right up at the rail in the wet zone and only get the occasional sprinkle from the fountains.

Not everyone wants to be in the very front because you will get wet/damp at the least.
WCT dining package area was closer to the front. With either package, I think you could request to be in the wet zone. I know we requested that at least once.

Check the wind direction on the night of your show. If the wind is blowing away from the viewing area, you can be right up at the rail in the wet zone and only get the occasional sprinkle from the fountains.
I love WOC so we used to do the dining package every time and I'm short and DD was little, so we always went for the Wet zone right up at the rail. Depending on the wind, it can range from not a drop, to completely soaked. I think it was our very first time that we wound up soaked. We learned after that to bring ponchos-- problem solved. They will keep you pretty much completely dry if the wind is blowing water your way. I would bring a big ziplock bag folded up in my purse, to pull out and put my purse and DD's Duffy bear in (also useful for water rides)- although I could just hold them under the poncho to keep them dry during WOC. We've gotten spoiled with the dessert party now though- I like having that seat and not being packed in.

We were there the first night and didn't get a chance to try for the virtual queue since we weren't in the parks until the afternoon. We got to the viewing area around 9:55 for the 10:15 show and found a spot just in front of where there are stairs at the left side of the Little Mermaid, roughly where the little grey dot is in the aerial photo. There were garbage cans there that were perfect to stand behind (see second picture) and not have to worry about anyone blocking the view. Honestly, having experienced WOC from multiple viewing areas (including the dining package area), crammed shoulder to shoulder in with people, this was by far the best viewing spot and experience we've had. No masses of people, no worries about people putting kids on their shoulders or coming in at the last moment in front of us since there were staff keeping the walking path open. If I'd had a kid that needed to be put on shoulders, I wouldn't have felt bad doing it here because there was no one behind us. My 11-year old didn't have the best view but it was far better than he would have had in one of the other viewing areas unless we got there super early and were against a railing between sections. View attachment 664949
This is good to know for the future!

After failing to get a Virtual Queue for the second time,

I don't like the stress of remembering the noon virtual queue time
I think what I am hoping to do- is book the desert party for later in the trip and try for the virtual q for the early start days-- if that happens I can cancel the desert party.

You can also try the dining packages - make a reservation early on, and if they have packages you can upgrade for that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter