WOC Viewing Chart

So, are you standing behind the hydrant? Or in front of it like the man in the green shirt? Can you see the top of the water? It appears not? Seems like a good spot if you show up a bit later and can't get down close to where you can see the water. But with a kid under 5 feet I guess it wouldn't work well.

So, are you standing behind the hydrant? Or in front of it like the man in the green shirt? Can you see the top of the water? It appears not? Seems like a good spot if you show up a bit later and can't get down close to where you can see the water. But with a kid under 5 feet I guess it wouldn't work well.

You stand behind the hydrants planting area. On the pavement in the forefront of the photo.

When you don't see the whole show as noted. What happens near the water. You do see most of the show and wait less time for it.

About half the areas of viewing don't see the water. And if you aren't against a rail in any area you aren't going to see the lowest part of the show either.

It is a time for viewing quality tradeoff, but this one saves time more time than other spots good and bad.

I have watch WoC where the fire hydrant in the blue section. I really like this spot from the blue section since I can get everything with my video camera. This is one of my favorite spots for videotaping. Even though it is a short wait and you don't have to get there early, I have gotten early for the two shows that I have seen in November and last month. Most of the people who are in that area don't show up until half hour until the show starts. I had some kids right next to me that were watching the show and they could see it with no problem. They can barely see the bottom of the water, but tehy can see clearly from this spot.

Picture of the firehydrant by the blue section.
5197400558_fabd16c169_b.jpg

Here are some pics from this spot that I have videotaped during the show.

5202987409_977102303b_b.jpg

5203585876_91a55cd320_b.jpg

5202991677_f430b281de_b.jpg

5202937645_815e787dc8_b.jpg

This is probably in HydroGuy's WOC thread but, in general, how long before the show is it advised to try to snag the fire hydrant spot? I'd love this spot since you don't have to wait as long before the show and has a fairly easy out.

This is probably in HydroGuy's WOC thread but, in general, how long before the show is it advised to try to snag the fire hydrant spot? I'd love this spot since you don't have to wait as long before the show and has a fairly easy out.

Did you see mvf-m11c who posted the pics a few replies up? PM him or look at his TR where he has those shots. He staked the place out to get good pics and video so he can probably give a play by play how it filled up.

Depends if you want it for sure or are willing to chance someone else getting it. If you want to chance it then I would say 30 minutes early. If you want it for sure then 60-75 minutes early.

Depends if you want it for sure or are willing to chance someone else getting it. If you want to chance it then I would say 30 minutes early. If you want it for sure then 60-75 minutes early.

Hydroguy is correct. :cheer2:
His guide should be used for not just WOC but the whole DLR experience.

This was taken last night - Valentines day 2/14 - at 8:57, 18 minutes before the 9:15 second show. I got in line at 8:40 back by the Blue Sky Cellar. I got the 2nd show Blue Fastpass at 1:20pm at the GRR Fastpass area. The Blue area was about 3/4 full but people were still running past me to get to the lower sections. At 9:05 people had filled up this spot.

IMG_3825a.jpg

Again, there are many other spots that are as good (or better) but they usually require getting there very early or buying the $40 dining package. The key is to get to a rail spot that is not blocked by too many decorations or people.

Update January 25, 2011

Preferred Dining
1. Is now smaller.
2. The upper Steps have been changed to Yellow and Blue.
3. The lower Blue Handicapped has been changed the Perferred Dining.
Blue Section
1. The middle Handicapped section has been moved towards the center.
2. Upper steps of PD have been changed to Blue.
3. Added is a small section at the top next to VIP.
Yellow
1. Upper steps of PD have been changed to Yellow.

WOCJan2011.jpg

Some of the better spots are:
1. The front rail at the bottom of the PD section.
2. The top of the steps of the section next to the front of the PD section.
3. The Handicapped sections towards the center.
4. The top of the steps in the new areas added to Blue and Yellow.
5. Just inside the entrance to the Blue behind the Yellow Hyd. (easy to get to).
6. At the rails in Blue or Yellow towards the center.
7. On the Bridge rail towards the center.
8. The Red and Yellow WET section towards the center line. (FUN but wet)
9. The yellow section just above the lower handicapped.

The show can be seen from any section - it is just more difficult to see over
people if you are not at the front of each section at the rail

It looks like that "best" spot from the previous chart is now part of the Blue FP area. Am I correct?

Have there been any other changes since January?

Last question, and this has probably been answered, and I can't find it...what are the return times on a FP for a 9 p.m. show?

Thank you!

It looks like that "best" spot from the previous chart is now part of the Blue FP area. Am I correct?

Last question, and this has probably been answered, and I can't find it...what are the return times on a FP for a 9 p.m. show?

Thank you!

1. My "BEST" spot is now a BLUE Handicapped area.
Note there are several spots that others like as much or more. I like the front center Red or Yellow Wet Zone for fun. And, further back near the center line to take in the entire show.

2. The upper PD stair area is usually still Preferred Dining for the first show, but is used for overflow for YELLOW and BLUE for the 2nd show, or on a slow evening. If you arrive late for YELLOW or BLUE this is a good spot to try for.

3. For a 9:00pm show the fastpass will show.
Please return between 8:00pm & 9:00pm.
DLCupon001.jpg

NOTE: If you look carefully at the lower right of a FP it will show the time it was issued. This RED Fastpass for the first show on this Tuesday was 10:15 am..... Therefore if you wanted a BLUE or YELLOW Fastpass you needed to be at the GRR before 10:15am.

Thank you!
DL 1951 has seen WOC many more times than I have, but I have never shared his/her opinion that the best spot is towards the rear. For me the best spot is at the rail of Preferred Dining. The rear of blue is a good spot but IMO not the best spot. You have to understand that when you watch WOC from two different vantage points you can almost convince yourself you are seeing two different shows.

HTH :wizard:

DL 1951 has seen WOC many more times than I have, but I have never shared his/her opinion that the best spot is towards the rear. For me the best spot is at the rail of Preferred Dining. The rear of blue is a good spot but IMO not the best spot. You have to understand that when you watch WOC from two different vantage points you can almost convince yourself you are seeing two different shows.

HTH :wizard:

I'm definitely taking both into consideration. It all depends on what's available when we get there. Neither of us are huge about standing forever in line and have typically lucked out with where we wind up at the shows and parades. We're going to scout out the location on our way to dinner, though.

The left side is the entrance for Blue where they take your Fastpass. Hand them your Fastpass take one step forward, duck under the rope (not always there) and two-three steps to the rail. The spot is just inside the area behind the yellow fire hydrant. It is very easy to get to, as it usually is not filled until most are already inside. You do not need to line up an hour early to get this spot. And, you are the first to leave saving another 5-10 minutes in a crowd.

Downsides: there is only space for 6-8 people to see well. Small children or people under 5' can have difficulity seeing if they are too far from the top.

I appreciate all your detailed posts and photos! But I'm so sorry that I'm not getting it. What vantage point is this photo taken from? Looking at the photo, I'm in front of the yellow hydrant area and not behind. So is this photo a view of what you'd see before you cross the rope or after?:confused: We're a group of 14 (with kids under 5'), so it sounds like we may have to go with your other recommendations for viewing spots.

Changes as of July 11, 2011

WOCJuly112011.jpg

The small yellow circle is the spot behind the Yellow Hydrant.
Hand them your Fastpass, take ONE step forward, take THREE steps to your right.

WOCSpot1.jpg

Thanks, Disneyland 1951, for updating the Guide for WoC for dummies like me and for putting the date above the picture so I know it's the latest version! And for not making me feel like a dummy. I understand now!!! This is what I am now printing (I had downloaded and printed maps posted throughout this thread but as it has been previously pointed out--WoC is a moving target with constant changes).

If we have preferred dining fast passes and one of our party of 5 is in a wheelchair, can we get to the preferred dining area near the rail or will we be in the handicapped area near the top of viewing sections?

WOCJuly112011.jpg

WOCSpot1.jpg

OK, so how can you ensure you get a FP for the blue zone?? We've seen WOC twice now and each time we have ended up in the red zone........

OK, so how can you ensure you get a FP for the blue zone?? We've seen WOC twice now and each time we have ended up in the red zone........

First Show BLUE:
1) If staying at the Disney Hotels, at 9:00 have all in your party enter through the Grand Californian Hotel, you will get BLUE, FREE.

2) Send one person with the groups tickets/passes, that are in Disneyland or CA, to the GRR Fastpass machine between 9:20 -9:40, FREE

Here is your Blue Fastpass for the 1st show TONIGHT.
WOC721001.jpg

3) Order WOC Picnic Meals ($16) 11:30-1:00 or WOC Lunch ($30) and you will get BLUE, later you will get YELLOW.

Second Show BLUE
4) Beginning between 1:00- 2:00 they begin to distribute 2nd show BLUE at the GRR fastpass machines, FREE. Just ask when the 2nd show distribution starts to be sure.

5) Order WOC Picnic Meals, and requst 2nd show and you will get BLUE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter