women in your 30s or older - clothing question

232323232%7Ffp537%3C%3B%3Enu%3D3239%3E236%3E67%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B4%3A%3A9%3B84%3B325nu0mrj
American Eagle jeans and Express top.

I don't think I look like a teen.

You look great! Seriously...I am wondering if some of these people have even walked into a junior's department recently. They have more than just graphic tees and revealing clothing. There is actually some really cute stuff for all ages.

Well, it is a Toy Story 3 Barbie costume, so it should be screaming "plastic doll from a movie". I was speaking only about the shirt. A blue shirt that can be found in misses, women's, junior's, sporting wear, etc. just because the Junior size is what fit me best, does not make it a teenager shirt.

Love the red shirt in the picture! It is actually hard to find cute, edgier tops like that outside of the junior department. Wish my chest would fit into them!

It's laughable. I mean brands like Lucky, Free People (who's sweaters I love,) Miss Me, BCBG, Guess…all are stocked in the Juniors department.

Lady you look great and I love the red top. I've got 5 years on you and I would totally wear it.

We are similarly shaped, I've got a bit more "Kim Kardashian" going on, if you know what I mean.

Be comfortable. You are brave to post pics!

:rotfl2:

Thanks! There are no Kardashian features happening anywhere on my body. Small chest and no junk in the trunk (which is why Aero jeans fit me perfectly!). :lmao:

[QUOTE="Cinder" Ella's Mom;50701814]Love the red shirt in the picture! It is actually hard to find cute, edgier tops like that outside of the junior department. Wish my chest would fit into them![/QUOTE]

I have the opposite problem. With many regular sizes, they are way too big in the chest or just too wide under the arms.

A few people mentioned that stores that were more acceptable were BR or the Loft. I find these stores to be way too fancy for just hanging out on the weekend around the house with my son. I love their clothes for work though.

I'm 40, and I sometimes do. I don't get anything with the logo/label on it, but I wear the jeans, tanks and tees.
I think this is a good rule of thumb for anyone older than a college kid when it concerns the stores mentioned. :thumbsup2

232323232%7Ffp537%3C%3B%3Enu%3D3239%3E236%3E67%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B4%3A%3A9%3B84%3B325nu0mrj
American Eagle jeans and Express top.

I don't think I look like a teen.

232323232%7Ffp5385%3A%3Enu%3D3239%3E236%3E67%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3966876%3A42325nu0mrj
Casual Pink sweatshirt and "adult" jeans from a non teeny-bop store....you can see they are too big on me.

My wife would like to raid your closet - if you were a little bigger :laughing:

You look great! Seriously...I am wondering if some of these people have even walked into a junior's department recently. They have more than just graphic tees and revealing clothing. There is actually some really cute stuff for all ages.

I have a 12 year old that loves clothes (as do her friends) so yes, I am in the juniors dept frequently.

One of my DD's friends has that same red shirt you are wearing in your second picture. She is 13.

American Eagle jeans and Express top. I don't think I look like a teen. Casual Pink sweatshirt and "adult" jeans from a non teeny-bop store....you can see they are too big on me.

This is pretty much my wardrobe too.

I think it's age appropriate.

I am 38. I don't own anything from those types of stores, but I would buy something basic like t shirts or jeans as long as they didn't have large obvious logos on them.

I have a 12 year old that loves clothes (as do her friends) so yes, I am in the juniors dept frequently.

One of my DD's friends has that same red shirt you are wearing in your second picture. She is 13.

Then she is dressing way too old for her age. The only thing holding up the front of that shirt is the tie in the back. No child that young should be dressing that way. I bought it in 2008. Didn't know they still sold it. :laughing:

Then she is dressing way too old for her age. The only thing holding up the front of that shirt is the tie in the back. No child that young should be dressing that way. I bought it in 2008. Didn't know they still sold it. :laughing:

I think it would depend on how that top fit and whether it was tied up high enough.

It would pass dress code at my daughter's middle school.

It's laughable. I mean brands like Lucky, Free People (who's sweaters I love,) Miss Me, BCBG, Guess…all are stocked in the Juniors department.

Lady you look great and I love the red top. I've got 5 years on you and I would totally wear it.

We are similarly shaped, I've got a bit more "Kim Kardashian" going on, if you know what I mean.

Be comfortable. You are brave to post pics!

The brands you mentioned all use misses sizing, not juniors. Maybe some of them also have juniors sizing ( I'd think Guess and BCBG have a juniors selection) but those brands are in the misses section.

I think it would depend on how that top fit and whether it was tied up high enough.

True, but it definitely does not look like a teenager only shirt, which is the point I was originally trying to make. I know I wouldn't let my child wear it until she was much older than 13. Dress code approved or not. Many things are acceptable under a dress code, but that doesn't mean they should be worn by everyone, adults included.

DD13 and DW42 just got matching FILA hoodies (WITH the big logo) and they both look great in them. My 62 year old mother-in-law liked them so much, she ordered 1 and I'm sure she will look just fine in it :thumbsup2

I just got a great sweater in the Brass Plum dept at Nordstrom, so I guess I'd have to say as long as the styles are simple, classic, and fit well, why not?

That said, I don't make a habit of shopping Jrs stuff, and much of what I see when shopping with/for my teenage DD I would NEVER wear myself.

There's a 50+ grandma who works with DD's youth group that I swear must shop JRs exclusively, and she can get away with it fit wise, but I think she looks ridiculous much of the time, and so do the girls. I know that's mean to say, but I'm sorry, Grandma wearing a super thin, skin tight Tshirt with abercrombie emblazoned across the chest just isn't a good look.

I think older men wearing logo T shirts from teen labels look silly as well, and I see that a lot too.

I guess in the end I don't think it matters what store/department you shop in as long as you're choosing well fitting age appropriate clothing. Once you hit a certain age I think that's much harder to pull off if you're shopping Jrs though.

That red shirt looks too mature for a 13 year old, IMO. I have middle school aged kids so I see plenty of 13 year old girls. I would be surprised to see one wearing a shirt like that.

The brands you mentioned all use misses sizing, not juniors. Maybe some of them also have juniors sizing ( I'd think Guess and BCBG have a juniors selection) but those brands are in the misses section.

At both Macy's & Nordstrom here they are with the Jrs.

That red shirt looks too mature for a 13 year old, IMO. I have middle school aged kids so I see plenty of 13 year old girls. I would be surprised to see one wearing a shirt like that.

My 13-year-old daughter would not wear that.

There is nothing inappropriate about that top for a 13 year old. The sleeves come down to the elbows and everything up top is more than adequately covered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter