Wonder crew member arrested for rape

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had seen the original post, I don't think you would be asking why everyone was questioning the appropriateness. It was ... graphic, to say the least. Definitely not suitable for a public forum.

As is often pointed out, this board is NOT all adults. Children read things on here. The details of the alleged crime were not necessary for your post at all. It's not about being PG as an adult. I can cuss a sailor under the table but I know when and where to use adult language and terms. It is offensive to those whose children might read it or who are, in fact, living a PG life as an adult.

This sits wrong with me. Children legally are not allowed on forums based in the US. Why should news be censored on this site. It's different if they were the OP own words but posting an article to inform people or get their opinion should not open someone up to attack.

If your children are reading along with you, I would assume you would not open a thread about rape. If your child is on this site alone then you might have bigger issues to deal with. Once a child is old enough to legally have an account they should have enough knowledge to be on a board and to process what is appropriate for them. If not then they are going to access much worst things then this board.

This sits wrong with me. Children legally are not allowed on forums based in the US. Why should news be censored on this site. It's different if they were the OP own words but posting an article to inform people or get their opinion should not open someone up to attack.

I'm not aware of any law that says children can't get on message boards, at least not in the United States. Where do you get an attack out of this? I was just expressing my opinion, which you'll notice quite a few people agree with.

If your child is on this site alone then you might have bigger issues to deal with.

Like what?

If not then they are going to access much worst things then this board.

No one is arguing that. This is a family oriented board though so such content really doesn't have a place here.

Had you seen the unedited post, I think you would agree it had no business here.

Last edited:
If you had seen the original post, I don't think you would be asking why everyone was questioning the appropriateness. It was ... graphic, to say the least. Definitely not suitable for a public forum.

I hadn't even noticed that it was edited. I'm glad to see that. Guess that's why I'm getting heat cause people didn't see the original.

I agree that there can be extreme criticism on here, BUT the original post was VERY graphic and it didn't need to be.

My two corrections were of wording which is NOT helpful or insinuating the correct thing. There is no such thing as "rape with another crew member" unless it was more than one person DOING the attack.

And it's far better to refer to the person on whom the crime was committed as a survivor rather than "victim".

No worries. I didn't think that you personally were that critical. :) LOL

This thread is clearly off topic - I'm closing it but anyone is more than welcome to start a new one if you'd like to discuss what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter