• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's first trip to see Mickey Mouse!

so I've been up at 4:45 am yesterday and this morning to start our ADR's... I can not believe the amount of trouble people are having, myself included trying to schedule ADR's:furious:
the new site as well as the old site only work for some people some of the time... yesterday I finally was able to book 'Ohana for dinner after 38 minutes of being told "error' or "session timed out" or "try again later"
this morning was easier, was able to book The Garden Grill in about 2 minutes... I've seen people reporting that the site will not recognize their onsite reservations therefor they can only book one day at a time...:crazy2:

on the other hand I went ahead and purchased our annual passes last week the day before the price increase... I only did mine, Stephanie's and Grumpa's because it's still up in the air as to whether or not Daniel is going... depends on his grades the first quarter next year... hopefully he will do better than he did this year or he won't be going:worried:

Sorry you've had trouble making ADRs! We could not online so called up and made them no bother. Well... We were on the phone for two hours... But apparently the system was just slow...

Love that you chose Garden Grill (we did too!) and looking forward to reading about more of your ADR choices :)

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Sorry you've had trouble making ADRs! We could not online so called up and made them no bother. Well... We were on the phone for two hours... But apparently the system was just slow...

Love that you chose Garden Grill (we did too!) and looking forward to reading about more of your ADR choices :)

I guess I should just be glad I'm not trying to book BOG...
We ate at Garden Grill in Dec 2007 and liked it... I was trying to decide between it and Tusker House lunch with Donald and friends... we love Tusker House and did the Breakfast with Donald way back in 2004 (our first ever Disney table dining) it was still at Restaurantasaurus back then... but Stephanie has always wanted to try Garden Grill and I think everyone will like the food there:)

I did not... until you pointed it out. :rotfl2: But it does look like there's a bit of grease on the lens so I hope it's all taken care of now. :goodvibes

I'm pretty sure that's what it was... we just spent the weekend in Mobile, AL and I took a bunch of pics so I will have to load them to PC and check for sure

We did our ADRs with a travel agent 180 days out and still couldn't get the first reservation for Crystal Palace...

so frustrated with Disney Dining right now.... been trying for 3 days to make our Adr for Mickeys Backyard BBQ ... online I get a Donald Duck error page and on the phone they are telling me the seating hasn't been loaded into the system yet even though Sat was the 180 day mark:mad:

so I have been trying every day for Mickey's Backyard BBQ online, still getting Donald Duck saying server busy try later... so I called today (for the 3rd time) and a very nice and help CM named Gretchen helped me... she was not able to make the ADR but when she got to the point where she got an error msg on her screen she asked to put me on hold (since I had waited 22 minutes for a real person I figured what's a few more):rolleyes1 she came back and told me she had talked with someone in charge of dining, and that they are aware of the problem and are trying to fix it... they hope to have it fixed by end of week, then she gave me the direct # for Pioneer Hall and said I could call them to check and see if the system was working, rather than wait on hold for so long and find out it's not... she put my mind at ease and went above and beyond anyone else I had talked to on this matter... so I guess it's just a waiting game now... I did book our ADR for 'Ohana breakfast the morning we leave to come home... the rest will be meals at the rooms or counter service

:dance3:

Glad to hear you finally got all your ADRs pinned down. :) Sorry to hear it was so nervewracking.

The current ADR snafu is crazy. Seems like that past few months, Disney has been upgrading something so there's constantly some aspect of a Disney trip that's a nightmare -- the site won't work or the motel reservations aren't working or ADRs are impossible or half the turnstiles are down for that big update. Now I'm thinking it's probably just as well we won't be going again until 2015 -- maybe they'll have worked out all the kinks with Fastpass plus by then! :rolleyes:

:dance3:

Glad to hear you finally got all your ADRs pinned down. :) Sorry to hear it was so nervewracking.

The current ADR snafu is crazy. Seems like that past few months, Disney has been upgrading something so there's constantly some aspect of a Disney trip that's a nightmare -- the site won't work or the motel reservations aren't working or ADRs are impossible or half the turnstiles are down for that big update. Now I'm thinking it's probably just as well we won't be going again until 2015 -- maybe they'll have worked out all the kinks with Fastpass plus by then! :rolleyes:

I'm glad to be done with the ADR's and you are right the entire system is a mess... we aren't able to register our annual passes online at this time... they started the Fastpass + testing this week at Contemporary and Animal Kingdom Lodge so hopefully they will have the kinks worked out before our arrival... they are also selling the cover bands and widgets for the wrist bracelet that will have tickets, FP+ and who knows what...

the days we don't have ADR's we will cook and eat between trips to parks

I love gardening and just working in the yard, so I love taking pictures of the flowers all over WDW.... so I thought I'd post a few

ok so we are under the 3 month mark so I best get some PTR going here... I am sooo looking forward to some cooler weather. Problem is here in Florida there is no telling when that might be... most likely not til about the 3rd week of October...
I have been on a healthy eating diet for about 2 months. I lost 22 pounds in the first 5 weeks but have been at a lull since then... I am walking on the treadmill about 5 times a week so that when we get to Disney I won't be worn out. I used to walk 8 to 10 hours a day sometimes without a breal when I was waiting tables but since I haven't worked I have gotten lazy... my goal is to lose another 28 pounds before our trip and then another 35 when we get back:cheer2::cheer2:
since I was about 13 I have been addicted to Dr Pepper :guilty:
and before this diet I was drinking 3 32 oz big gulps a day as well as 1 or 2 16.9 oz bottles per day :guilty: now I allow myself 1 16.9 oz bottle per day... it hasn't been easy but then it hasn't been quite as hard as I thought it would be :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter