World Cup in WDW?

We're a dual nationality household (Uk & US) I've managed to convert DH, he loves to watch the England team play! :thumbsup2 He's really looking forward to the start of the World Cup. In fact he's driving round with England flags on his car! :teeth: Now if I could just convert my eldest DD, she is supporting the US! ;) :)

brumley5 said:
:cheer2:

I'm always surprised by those who seem to just want to be negative to others in whose discussion and thread it obviously brings great joy to.

I don't get it, if you don't like the thread, start your own, if people want to talk about the World Cup, as I started this to be , then let us be!

I would never dis those who asked sincerely about baseball or basketball coverage at WDW and found others interested in it also. I'd skip those threads and posts if it didn't interest me. Why must you be so negative to something that obviously brings joy to others?

If only I could have gotten in on marketing for the World Cup & WDW, I'd have a t-shirt with Mickey and a soccer ball that morphs from the globe into a soccer ball with the Epcot lands somehow worked into the design. One World, One Game, something like that! They really missed the boat on this one!! Maybe I'll make my own for my trip to WDW June 19th!

Tammy

Tammy, please don't let MJ trying to get a rise me bother you.

And you are correct. It is a great idea they missed. And they have missed it before, including when it took place right here in the US.

catherine said:
Now if I could just convert my eldest DD, she is supporting the US! ;) :)

No reason she can't root for both. I have not a touch of English blood in me, and I am pulling for England, assuming the they go farther than the US.

tmt martins said:
where else can you see a wreck at 200 mph , a Pushing match between 2 migets with full fire protection and girlfriends catfighting as to whos boyfreind can drive better.

Route 80 in north eastern NJ

dbm20th said:
No reason she can't root for both. I have not a touch of English blood in me, and I am pulling for England, assuming the they go farther than the US.

Oh she won't support England if the US are still in the competition. She sees herself as American through and through! :goodvibes BTW I'm only joking about trying to convert her! :thumbsup2

tmt martins said:
Nascar is the best where else can you see a wreck at 200 mph , a Pushing match between 2 migets with full fire protection and girlfriends catfighting as to whos boyfreind can drive better. :happytv:

I guess you weren't at my house last saturday night.

I am probably one of the few Americans (born, raised and still currently reside) who have actually been to Premiership Football match. It was Fulham vs West Ham at Craven Cottage and I must say I was virtually bored to tears. The atmosphere was fun with singing and chanting and surprisingly few profanities but the game itself was just boring. I've seen soccer before, for some reason I thought it would be better in person. I think it is because the scoring is too low. :confused3

At the risk of offending Tammy again , I played soccer for years and find it somewhat boring to watch, especially non-World Cup soccer. And this is comming from someone who loves baseball.

Tammy, please don't let MJ trying to get a rise me bother you.
And you are correct. It is a great idea they missed. And they have missed it before, including when it took place right here in the US.

All's well with me now, ..........that's the problem with posts & emails, you don't really know how it's meant to be taken!

I don't know how I'm going to balance watching 2 games a day AND visit WDW!
So on the eve of World Cup, Good Luck to the USA and to the rest of the teams playing!

Tammy

WDW June 19th-26th
World Cup June 9th - July 9th

Michael that wasn't a real premiership match, 2 second rate teams playing in a 3rd rate stadium. To watch a clash of the titans like Man Utd v Arsenal. Yes the scoring is low but if it's scoring then try rugby, 15 a side egg chasers, loads of points and brutal abit like your football without the pads and helmets.
brumley, 2 games a day AND WDW my idea of heaven!
C'mon England and good luck to Costa Rica!!!

Seems as though Rooney is fit. Gerrard as well. England is good shape. Come out strong against Paraguay and the Sweden game will be meaningless.

Now, can someone stand up to Brazil?

Those are hysterical. Can I say, I am now addicted to soccer. My husband has played for 30 years and is our daughter's coach. I am new to the whole thing, but I am watching my 5th 2006 World Cup game today. All I can say is thank goodness for Tivo. We are recording every game so we don't miss a thing. We are rooting for US, England, and Trinidad & Tobago after today's game. Ole, Ole, Ole Ole Ole!

Welcome to the family monica and is there a bit of news and rumour there from MJ? I'll be looking out for you taking on the Brazilians!!!

wilki32 said:
Welcome to the family monica and is there a bit of news and rumour there from MJ? I'll be looking out for you taking on the Brazilians!!!

I ain't afraid of them.

Psst.....Don't contact me on this board again :rolleyes1

Oh this is SOOOO good...

From Mickey News

America is going soccer mad so far this World Cup season.

Preliminary ratings for the broadcast by Walt Disney Co.-owned ABC of the opening weekend of the 2006 World Cup soccer championship rose 65 percent over the 2002 tournament, ESPN, ABC's sister station, said on Monday.

Spanish-language broadcaster Univision also reported on Monday that its World Cup audience for the tournament's first eight games nearly tripled over the same period in 2002.

Hey MJ, :earboy2:

:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

dbm20th said:
Oh this is SOOOO good...

From Mickey News

Hey MJ, :earboy2:

:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

65% of zero is what exactly? If it was doing great, it would not be on ESPN2 at 9 o'clock in the morning on a weekday. I'll gurantee you repeats of "The View" gets better ratings.

MJMcBride said:
65% of zero is what exactly? If it was doing great, it would not be on ESPN2 at 9 o'clock in the morning on a weekday. I'll gurantee you repeats of "The View" gets better ratings.

It's on at 9 o'clock in the morning...BECAUSE THAT'S WHEN THE GAME STARTS!!! Please don't make me explain the whole earth rotates thing here. Also, 3 games this weekend aired on ABC.

I would not be surprised, however, if it beats the Stanly Cup Broadcast. That's a start

dbm20th said:
It's on at 9 o'clock in the morning...BECAUSE THAT'S WHEN THE GAME STARTS!!! Please don't make me explain the whole earth rotates thing here. Also, 3 games this weekend aired on ABC.

I would not be surprised, however, if it beats the Stanly Cup Broadcast. That's a start

If someone cared, it would be on prime-time regardless of the actual game time. Hello, olympics.

If they put my home movies of a trip to Kansas on against the Stanley Cup it would probably win.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter