World of color dessert party?!

This sounds awesome but expensive!! At WDW we have done the Wishes one at Magic Kingdom, the special Hallowishes one during Halloween, and the Illuminations one at Epcot. I just looked and it was $49 for the one at Epcot and from the description, it sounds like the one that will be offered at WOC. It had the sparkling drinks, which included champagne, the seated high top tables etc. I can't book yet as out trip is in mid-June so will be looking forward to hopefully reading reviews of this one. We really enjoyed the one at Epcot except for a rat...yes, a RAT ran up our tablecloth and barely missed my foot. That thing came back a couple of times during the event.
We saw a rat near the shuttles at dlr years ago. We still joke we saw the real Mickey Mouse. :)

I just called Disney Dining to reserve a seat for this, and they told me that they were currently not able to book it, that the inventory was originally released to them and then taken back or something like that so I should keep checking online or call back later when they have worked out the kinks. Just FYI in case someone else is trying to book and it is showing there is nothing available for your dates.

Thanks for the update. I just tried to book this for either the 19th or 20th and it showed no availability. I will keep trying I guess. Hard to know if it's a good thing to try or not when it doesn't start until 2 days before I want to do it! Spendy for sure but maybe worth it.

I'm thinking young kids would not be welcome at this event, considering its at 9 pm. At least that's the only time slot I see on the reservation site. Too bad, I would be willing to pay for it if the seating was good.

I'm thinking young kids would not be welcome at this event, considering its at 9 pm. At least that's the only time slot I see on the reservation site. Too bad, I would be willing to pay for it if the seating was good.

There will be tons of little kids with their parents waiting for and watching the same show. The time reflects when the WOC show/shows are. I doubt there is any age limit on the seating. Just that the high price and the fancier desserts and the later time may deter some parents from finding it worth it with little kids

Thanks that is really helpful. I can have my youngest take a break during the day and he would probably be fine at that hour. Especially if he got to eat dessert.

There will be tons of little kids with their parents waiting for and watching the same show. The time reflects when the WOC show/shows are. I doubt there is any age limit on the seating. Just that the high price and the fancier desserts and the later time may deter some parents from finding it worth it with little kids

I was able to book my reservation for April 22nd! I'm surprising my mom as this will be our last evening and I'm sure she'll enjoy being able to SIT :)

Something I read said 21+ so it is possible it is adults only. But that could be specific to the "sparkling beverages" that are assumed to be adult beverages.

I booked my reservation for April 13th. I did the Fantasmic Desert package and I enjoyed it. I like sitting down. This is my last trip on my Annual Pass and I want to take in as much as possible.

Something I read said 21+ so it is possible it is adults only. But that could be specific to the "sparkling beverages" that are assumed to be adult beverages.
I recall the blog post saying something about sparkling juice for underage guests, so I don't think the entire event is 21+, just the alcoholic drinks.

I think this would be similar to the dessert parties at WDW. There are a couple where they serve alcohol but all ages were still welcome. We went to one and there were lots of kids there. 21+ just means they won't serve you alcohol if you're under age. The late time just reflects the show start time. That's the start time of the show whether you're at the dessert party or not. We loved our dessert party!

This WOC Dessert Party is new and starts March 17. You must be describing another package, unless you are a time traveler :goodvibes.
I'm hoping it wasn't a dream 'cause I'd prefer having foresight of an upcoming, never-before-released-event be something more beneficial than a WOC dessert party. The one we attended/paid for did not have high tops, rather fold up wood chairs and the desserts were brought out for each one of us on trays. Yes, the goodies got wet when the wind blew just right.

Kids or not, I am looking forward to hearing stories on this. I may spring for it, as a Birthday present to myself.

I'm hoping it wasn't a dream 'cause I'd prefer having foresight of an upcoming, never-before-released-event be something more beneficial than a WOC dessert party. The one we attended/paid for did not have high tops, rather fold up wood chairs and the desserts were brought out for each one of us on trays. Yes, the goodies got wet when the wind blew just right.

Are you sure it wasn't the FANTASMIC! dessert party that they had up until about a year ago?

Are you sure it wasn't the FANTASMIC! dessert party that they had up until about a year ago?
Nope, it was definitely World of Color and it was 3 years ago. I went that route as we travel far to go and didn't want to struggle to get a decent location.

As an FYI - I tried to book this with my Disney Rewards card, but that isn't an option. Even called Disney dining and they said no go. Credit cards only....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter