World of Color - Season of Light Dessert Party?

Jibrille

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any pictures/reviews of the World of Color - Season of Light Dessert Party which should have started last night (November 10)? I wanted to see what you get to see if I wanted to keep my reservation (since it's so expensive).

Many thanks~

The dessert plate for the World of Color Dessert Party doesn't really change that much for the holiday version in terms of what you get. The flavor/decoration of some items like the macaron or the mini cheesecake or bundt cake etc. change with the seasons but the general offering is pretty consistent. I know I have photos of the plate somewhere but I can't seem to find them at the moment. But just searching for general WOC dessert party plate pics should give you a good idea. There is quite a bit of stuff on the plate and we usually end up taking leftovers back to the hotel in a box to snack on later.

Honestly, a good part of the "value" of the WOC Dessert Party (for us anyway, though I've seen this sentiment shared many times on this board) is not in the desserts themselves. It's in having a reserved SEAT for the show with a great view. This can be especially advantageous for families with children where regular WOC viewing is a gamble since it's all standing only so if you're not at the front of a section (and even if you are but your kids are still short/younger) it can be hard to see. Heck, even for adults viewing can be challenging depending on your height and who is in front of you (or if someone puts their kid on shoulders because kid can't see etc.).

I'd be interested in knowing why only one date, December 6 is greyed out for this dessert party.
Hmm... looks like DCA is closing 1hr early that night (9pm instead of 10pm) and there's only one WOC showing. Perhaps it's not worth staffing for the dessert party with only one showing?

Possibly closing early for CM holiday party?

Hmm... looks like DCA is closing 1hr early that night (9pm instead of 10pm) and there's only one WOC showing. Perhaps it's not worth staffing for the dessert party with only one showing?

Possibly closing early for CM holiday party?
Thanks! That does make sense.

Does anyone have any pictures/reviews of the World of Color - Season of Light Dessert Party which should have started last night (November 10)? I wanted to see what you get to see if I wanted to keep my reservation (since it's so expensive).

Many thanks~
I have done the WOC Season of Light Dessert Party three times. I think that will tell you it was worth it for my family.

However, it is completely subjective. What one family thinks is worth it, another family will say it was a waste of money. Similar to Club Level.

As PP said, we didn't go for the desserts. We went for seating. I am petite, and I don't want to stand waiting for hours for a good spot to watch the show. And the seats are such a great view no matter if you are in the first or second row. I know they have a new section now, but I have always been seated in the original section and in the second row. Never had a bad view!

If you do keep it, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. :)

The dessert plate for the World of Color Dessert Party doesn't really change that much for the holiday version in terms of what you get. The flavor/decoration of some items like the macaron or the mini cheesecake or bundt cake etc. change with the seasons but the general offering is pretty consistent. I know I have photos of the plate somewhere but I can't seem to find them at the moment. But just searching for general WOC dessert party plate pics should give you a good idea. There is quite a bit of stuff on the plate and we usually end up taking leftovers back to the hotel in a box to snack on later.

Honestly, a good part of the "value" of the WOC Dessert Party (for us anyway, though I've seen this sentiment shared many times on this board) is not in the desserts themselves. It's in having a reserved SEAT for the show with a great view. This can be especially advantageous for families with children where regular WOC viewing is a gamble since it's all standing only so if you're not at the front of a section (and even if you are but your kids are still short/younger) it can be hard to see. Heck, even for adults viewing can be challenging depending on your height and who is in front of you (or if someone puts their kid on shoulders because kid can't see etc.).
Thank you! I'm disabled so that's part of the reason we signed up, so I have fixed seating for the show without having to fight for space. I was just wondering what the food was like :) I'll search for it online. Thank you!

Thank you SO much for the review! My kid asked me to ask you if you tried the Blue Cherry Breeze? :D

I did not try the Blue Cherry Breeze, but I noticed that the kids at the party were getting their drinks in a globe? that lit up and changed colors. They looked pretty cool!

That looks so good! Did you have a favorite treat?
I really liked the Eggnog Bundt Cake! Moist, just sweet enough, the right amount of eggnog flavor. Hubby enjoyed the Raspberry Filled Shortbread. The Triple Chocolate Cheesecake was very rich! I took that back to the hotel, along with a couple of other treats and did not finish it. But if you're a chocoholic, you would probably enjoy it!

Do you know if the server will ask about allergies ahead of time? I can't have Hazelnuts or pistachios (so no nutella for me) and I just want to make sure that triple chocolate doesn't include that!

Do you know if the server will ask about allergies ahead of time? I can't have Hazelnuts or pistachios (so no nutella for me) and I just want to make sure that triple chocolate doesn't include that!
The plates are prepared ahead of time so I'm not sure how much the server would be able to do in the moment. If you note your allergies when booking they should be able to accommodate them with a special plate. We have received a gluten free plate at the dessert party many times (and a dairy free one once as well... but that was literally a plate of fruit and nothing else which was a bit disappointing).
You can also try emailing special diets ahead of time to confirm ingredients or possible substitutions.

The plates are prepared ahead of time so I'm not sure how much the server would be able to do in the moment. If you note your allergies when booking they should be able to accommodate them with a special plate. We have received a gluten free plate at the dessert party many times (and a dairy free one once as well... but that was literally a plate of fruit and nothing else which was a bit disappointing).
You can also try emailing special diets ahead of time to confirm ingredients or possible substitutions.
Thanks! I checked with my friend who booked it and she listed my allergy when she booked!

We were seated with folks who had allergy friendly plates and they were very happy with them.

When you line up to get your wristband the CM will ask again if there are any allergies, and you can then go into detail. At this point you will be assigned your table, so they know what seat to bring the allergy friendly plate.

I really liked the Eggnog Bundt Cake! Moist, just sweet enough, the right amount of eggnog flavor. Hubby enjoyed the Raspberry Filled Shortbread. The Triple Chocolate Cheesecake was very rich! I took that back to the hotel, along with a couple of other treats and did not finish it. But if you're a chocoholic, you would probably enjoy it!
My favorite is usually the blue bundt cake, and I bet the egg nog was just as yummy. After seeing the pictures, I can't wait to do the dessert party again! :)

We are going to book the dessert party when we go next year...have a quick question about the drinks with alcohol. I've read reports saying it's two per person but also saw somewhere where it's only one. Isn't going to impact our decision at all but curious if anyone has any experience not only with how many you get but the quality of the drinks. Thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter