World of Color Superthread

Good points. I will try to look on the bright side.

I'm just so surprised that Disney wasn't prepared for this because WOC is such a big part of nighttime summer entertainment. They should have backup equipment and backups for the backups. We chose to go during the summer this year so we could enjoy all the entertainment.

structural failures are hard to predict... not only that, its underwater haha. I really doubt they would think that the platform would collapse the way it did.

Jodi said they're estimating six weeks. So, if you're later in August you might be okay.

That's what we're hoping for! Should add any late August guests should stay on top of this. If packages become available they'll be gone quickly!

EDIT: Never mind just got caught up! :(

Last edited:
structural failures are hard to predict... not only that, its underwater haha. I really doubt they would think that the platform would collapse the way it did.
Actually they are not that hard to predict. I do that for a living. If something broke as reported, somebody made a mistake. Either in design or operation.

Good points. I will try to look on the bright side.

I'm just so surprised that Disney wasn't prepared for this because WOC is such a big part of nighttime summer entertainment. They should have backup equipment and backups for the backups. We chose to go during the summer this year so we could enjoy all the entertainment.
There have been a number of (negative) surprises for me this week while visiting DLR. Plus the negative surprises in the last few weeks before we left. I have described some of them in other threads but there have been more. Not as many positive surprises as I usually experience. It feels different this trip like something is off about DLR that has not been off in the past. They are dropping the ball a lot more than usual.

Last edited:
There have been a number of (negative) surprises for me this week while visiting DLR. Plus the negative surprises in the last few weeks before we left. I have described some of them in other threads but there have been more. Not as many positive surprises as I usual experience. It feels different this trip like something is off about DLR that has not been off in the past. They are dropping the ball a lot more than usual.

I'm actually glad that you posted this because I've been wondering if it's just me feeling this way. Disney vacations are outrageously expensive and because of that I feel it's OK to have high expectations. I'm paying thousands of dollars for magic - not cancellations, ride closures, and smaller food portions.

There have been a number of (negative) surprises for me this week while visiting DLR. Plus the negative surprises in the last few weeks before we left. I have described some of them in other threads but there have been more. Not as many positive surprises as I usual experience. It feels different this trip like something is off about DLR that has not been off in the past. They are dropping the ball a lot more than usual.

Would we be able to see them in your "HydroGuy DLR Tips and Compilation" thread?

**cough**Chapek**cough**
I have heard Chapek talk at the last two D23 Expos - but I do not know how or who makes some of these decisions.

I posted this recently and will do so again. Someone who thinks they are smarter than everyone else or is just plain ignorant has been making decisions lately it seems. Maybe that is him.

Funny because I had this feeling last summer at the D23 Expo that I am not sure I wanted to come anymore. This week has left me with the feeling that I need a long break from Disney. As of now I think I will be back next August for the D23 Expo but am not 100% on that. If I do I will book a few days at DLR to see SWL. I do not think I will buy an AP next time though. Something smells.

When I get time I try and get a longer list together.

Frankly I have had more fun at WDW my last few trips than at DLR.

I’m so sorry you aren’t enjoying your trip. For what it’s worth, this is our first trip and we are loving every minute of it! Maybe it’s because everything is new to us, not sure. But I think I’m loving DLR more than WDW! Today is day 4 in the parks for us.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been posted yet but a friend sent me this.

“The Disneyland Resort has announced that the refurbishment of World of Color has been extended. The refurbishment began April 13, 2018 and was originally scheduled to end on June 22. Now the show is scheduled to return toward the end of the year. Since Disney California Adventure is currently hosting Paint the Night, the park still has a nighttime spectacular. Paint the Night is expected to at least run through the end of Pixar Fest on September 3, 2018.”

“The Disneyland Resort has announced that the refurbishment of World of Color has been extended. The refurbishment began April 13, 2018 and was originally scheduled to end on June 22. Now the show is scheduled to return toward the end of the year. Since Disney California Adventure is currently hosting Paint the Night, the park still has a nighttime spectacular. Paint the Night is expected to at least run through the end of Pixar Fest on September 3, 2018.”
End of the year!? Like the holiday season?? Where did your friend see this? Such a bummer. We were one of the August families going.

Our trip is scheduled for exactly when the possible six week time frame was mentioned so I was hopeful. Now? Not so much. And no mention of PTN running twice.

Thanks for posting, how sad. I think it's time to move into Plan B.

Please ignore the gaping hole in the middle of the show platform. It’s perfectly routine! Also we absolutely intended to open our new land with 2 rides missing, a closed shop and an unfinished sign at the entrance. Have a magical, routine day! :rolleyes1

PS, don't forget to empty your wallets on your way out! Thank you and have a magical day.

When I get time I try and get a longer list together.

Frankly I have had more fun at WDW my last few trips than at DLR.
This is why I decided that my July trip is my last DLR for a while and I bought platinum APs for WDW ( I had considered Premier passes, but there have been too many negatives reported recently)

We make our reservation for our thanksgiving trip in approx 30 days... still hoping for WOC.... but my hope gets a little smaller everyday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter