World Series 2016 Thread - Indians vs. Cubs

I live near Cleveland so I'll root for the Indians, but I am jealous of the song the Cubs fans sang when they won (Go Cubs Go). That was awesome! Wish we had a cool song too.

Did someone say they want a song? You did it teller80. It's time for INDIAN FEVER!!!!! One more Time!!!

BWAHAHAHHHAAHHA!!!

Oh wait. You said "cool" song. My bad.

Last edited:
Tomorrow night - Game 1!! :yay::yay::yay:

It's going to be a crazy night in downtown Cleveland - on top of Game 1 of the WS, it's also the Cavaliers opening night when they're getting their championship rings and raising the banner. party:

Did the Cavaliers consider changing their opening game to tonight? They knew for close to a week there would likely be a conflict.

Several good reasons I can think of:
1. Letting each team have its own night instead of having to share the spotlight.
2. Lessening traffic. parking, and congestion issues.
3. Spreading out the joy for a longer period.

Were the logistics of changing insurmountable?

Did the Cavaliers consider changing their opening game to tonight? They knew for close to a week there would likely be a conflict.

1. Letting each team have its own night instead of having to share the spotlight.

I don't think the league would allow them to make a change? I haven't checked, but I think the game might be a nationally televised game as well, as part of the opening night on TNT or ESPN.

And yes, all of the above reasons would be true, if they could have pulled it off.

As a side note - all Cleveland fans are going to be treated to ice cream, thanks to LeBron James (sort of):

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-just-got-free-ice-cream-for-cavaliers-fans-102416

ETA: I just checked - the game is part of TNT's opening night doubleheader

Last edited:
I don't think the league would allow them to make a change? I haven't checked, but I think the game might be a nationally televised game as well, as part of the opening night on TNT or ESPN.

And yes, all of the above reasons would be true, if they could have pulled it off.

As a side note - all Cleveland fans are going to be treated to ice cream, thanks to LeBron James (sort of):

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-just-got-free-ice-cream-for-cavaliers-fans-102416

ETA: I just checked - the game is part of TNT's opening night doubleheader

I suspected TV reasons might be involved.

As a Cardinal can I'm allergic to rooting for the Cubs, so go tribe!

Exactly -- As a Cards fan, its our duty to root against the Cubs. Cub fans are obnoxious enough around here (Indianapolis, not the DIS) that the last thing we need is for them to win the WS.

The cavs game has been moved up by 30 minutes to 730. The ring ceremony and banner hanging starts at 7. Due to crowds many locals booked up many of the downtown hotel rooms so that they dont have to deal with traffic. They have been advising people to take RTA(trains/buses). Though last time when there was the huge crowd for the cavs parade, there was not enough buses or trains. The courtyard between the arena and the stadium is going to be crazy.

I'm a lifelong Clevelander (I work downtown...the commute home will be interesting today!) and was heartbroken when we lost in '95 and '97...I'm so excited and SO SO nervous. The buzz around the city has been amazing this year...the Cavs winning and the Indians' play-off run has meant so much to us!

Any other year I would be pulling for the Cubs to win...but not this year! :teeth:

Go CUBS!

FB_IMG_1475670803297_zpsildfnhpi.jpg
[URL=http://s43.photobucket.com/user/daughtersrus/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1475670803297_zpsildfnhpi.jpg.html][/URL]

Exactly -- As a Cards fan, its our duty to root against the Cubs. Cub fans are obnoxious enough around here (Indianapolis, not the DIS) that the last thing we need is for them to win the WS.

How? Because they have fans in every park that they play in?

I'm a lifelong Clevelander (I work downtown...the commute home will be interesting today!) and was heartbroken when we lost in '95 and '97...I'm so excited and SO SO nervous. The buzz around the city has been amazing this year...the Cavs winning and the Indians' play-off run has meant so much to us!

We've just been asked to leave at 4pm today (our offices are right across the street from Progressive Field).

We've just been asked to leave at 4pm today (our offices are right across the street from Progressive Field).
I work a little further away (5-7 minutes) from that area, I'm thinking I'll either leave early or take an alternate route! :eek:

Did anyone see Tom Hanks during the close of Saturday Night Live over the weekend?

Go Tribe!

I don't usually watch the end, but I just went back and checked the DVR! That was nice. I remember seeing him in 2 Gentlemen of Verona at the Great Lakes Shakespeare Festival back in the late 70's. My HS always had a couple of the actors come to talk to us about the play beforehand, and he was one of the speakers.

Tonight is looking good so far. For those of you who work downtown, tomorrow's game has been moved up to 7:08 PM start because it might rain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter