World Series 2016 Thread - Indians vs. Cubs

GoCubsGo_zpsqrijjyqr.jpg

I'd like to see a game that's a lot closer than 6-0 or 5-1. Since I don't have any skin this series I want to see some nail biter late inning heroics!!! I'm sure Cubs fans would rather not endure that torture. When the Sox finally won it in 04 the not very close WS games were a blessed relief after the torture of the last 4 games of the ALCS v NYY.

I'd like to see a game that's a lot closer than 6-0 or 5-1. Since I don't have any skin this series I want to see some nail biter late inning heroics!!! I'm sure Cubs fans would rather not endure that torture. When the Sox finally won it in 04 the not very close WS games were a blessed relief after the torture of the last 4 games of the ALCS v NYY.

True, closer games make for better drama. Although, I would say that Game 1 wasn't really out of reach until the 3-run homer in the 8th. Up to that point, it was still very much in doubt.

Not liking the matchup tomorrow night - just hoping that the Indians can scrape together a run or two early so they're not playing from behind. Right now, I think I'd be happy with one of three in Chicago and take our chances back in Cleveland for games 6 and 7.

It's going to be a wild night! The wind is going to be blowing out wit gusts 30-35 mph.

Not a good thing for Cleveland - Tomlin has a bad habit of giving up home runs. The last thing he needs is wind helping hitters.

Sounds like both the Cubs and Indians have a guy who can't play in the field the next three games. Difference is, the Indians are playing theirs (Carlos Santana) in left field tonight. :scared:

Not a good thing for Cleveland - Tomlin has a bad habit of giving up home runs. The last thing he needs is wind helping hitters.

Sounds like both the Cubs and Indians have a guy who can't play in the field the next three games. Difference is, the Indians are playing theirs (Carlos Santana) in left field tonight. :scared:
Isn't he the one who pulled up lame into 2nd base in Game 1? It sounds like Francona wants his bat in the lineup at the risk of defense. I bet with the wind he backs off on that. A lot of balls are going to go a long way if the wind catches them and he'll need someone with both experience and wheels in the outfield tonight.

The Cubs have a similar quandary. Not Schwarber, but Jason Heyward. Heyward has struggled at the plate all season BUT he's an awesome right fielder. This postseason Maddon started putting Almora, Jr in the lineup and then switching his out for Heyward later in the game if we had the lead.

It's gonna be a wild game! I can't wait!!! I'll post photos tomorrow, my phone gets horrible reception at Wrigley.

Isn't he the one who pulled up lame into 2nd base in Game 1? It sounds like Francona wants his bat in the lineup at the risk of defense. I bet with the wind he backs off on that. A lot of balls are going to go a long way if the wind catches them and he'll need someone with both experience and wheels in the outfield tonight.

The Cubs have a similar quandary. Not Schwarber, but Jason Heyward. Heyward has struggled at the plate all season BUT he's an awesome right fielder. This postseason Maddon started putting Almora, Jr in the lineup and then switching his out for Heyward later in the game if we had the lead.

It's gonna be a wild game! I can't wait!!! I'll post photos tomorrow, my phone gets horrible reception at Wrigley.

I think he only ended up with a cramp on that play, so physically, he should be fine. He's just not an outfielder - and Wrigley is not a place for amateurs. He's a catcher converted into a 1st baseman, but mostly a DH. Francona doesn't want to take Napoli from the lineup and thus, Santana goes to left (he's played 4 games there in his career). It's the drawback of being an AL team in the World Series - but it is what it is.

I can only imagine how crazy Wrigley is going to be tonight - have fun!!

Hoping Cubs fans can finally get to enjoy a WS celebration in Wrigley tonight....after all these years of sucking, they deserve that.

Ooooh, that's cruel. ;)

If it happens, congrats to the Indians. Besides the Cavaliers winning the NBA championship, I understand the AHL (minor league) hockey team from Cleveland won THEIR championship last June too. Possible Triple Crown for Cleveland in 2016?

The football Browns still suck, however, right?

Ooooh, that's cruel. ;)

If it happens, congrats to the Indians. Besides the Cavaliers winning the NBA championship, I understand the AHL (minor league) hockey team from Cleveland won THEIR championship last June too. Possible Triple Crown for Cleveland in 2016?

The football Browns still suck, however, right?
We also have the UFC Heavyweight Champion. :)

Yes, the Browns still suck. So some things are still normal around here!

But as of this moment in time the Browns are up 10-0 end of 3 qtr, dare we hope????

Back to Cleveland they come! :) :)

I was happy enough for the Indians to get one of three on the road - two of three is just icing on the cake (and sweeping them was just getting greedy ;) ) Two chances to finish this off! :)

Oh, and yeah, the Browns suck. :p :p

Honestly I was glad the people of Chicago got to experience a win on their turf. Now its time for us to experience a World Series Title on our field. Go Windians!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter