Worldmark Anaheim...What's less torture Uber or self parking or walking?

I've never gone over through the Toy Story lot and gotten on a bus there from Worldmark. While there's always a steady stream of TSL busses, those are also ART busses contracted to run for Disney, so in my head, that's walking further to get on an ART bus vs. the closer one I could use from Worldmark.

The difference between the ART shuttle and the TSL shuttle is $$$. One cost and the other is free.

We have always taken ART as well but have had some really bad experiences recently with homeless people at the art pickup locations. There was a homeless man that hung out at the one pickup point who had a old school ghetto blaster playing gangster rap super loud. Cussword after cussword with kids trying to wait to get on the ART bus. I told him I thought it was innapropriate and he flipped out on me. I talked to the police about it and the response I got was. "Welcome to California"

The second issue we had on a second trip was multiple people sleeping on the benches there with crap strewn everywhere and when you would get in line to get on the bus they would start screaming at you to get away from them. Even though everyone was atleast 10 feet away. We ended up crossing the street to pickup the art busses on both occasions.

Unfortunately that made our trips on the ART bus twice as long and we had to walk twice as far to get the busses.

I'm hesitant to get ART passes on our next trip in September.
That is unfortunate, but the likelihood that one experiences such things probably depends on where they're boarding. I imagine if you're boarding ART directly in front of your hotel, as one does at Worldmark, that doesn't happen (and I have never experienced that at Worldmark, nor seen such things happen while riding ART busses). But if you're getting on at, say, the one at Katella and Harbor right in front of the Hyatt House and Walgreens, I imagine it's a different story.

@Jason2015, that is true, it just depends on whether or not you are willing to pay for convenience or not. Personally, I would rather pay what I feel are reasonable fares to be picked up directly in front of Worldmark, rather than go out of my way to walk further to get to the free shuttle. I feel like I'm doing enough walking in the parks, so anything I can do to minimize that outside of the parks is a win for me. That said, I can see the allure of free for those who don't feel the same as I do.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter