WORST DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE

CHEF MICKEY Dinner
- Long wait for our seats even though we had first reservation time frame
- Food was awful, some inedible, lots cold
- Food stations were filthy and food all over the counters and floor
- Server never checked on us and I had to waive her down for drinks ... since it's a buffet she was pointless
- Restaurant total chaos
- Characters barely stayed long enough to sign their names
- Character handlers did not do their jobs - kids were following characters from table to table, pushing in on our pictures
- LOUD, so loud
- We ate there on Free Dining and I can't fathom actually paying to eat there.

DD ate there a couple months ago for Breakfast with her friends. She no sooner left, she texted me. She had never been and couldn't believe how bad it was.

I agree, and brunch is even worse since there is no recovery time from breakfast. The food and the staff just looked tired after 1:00PM.

We've had many "meh" experiences at Disney, but nothing horrible. I'm only participating in this thread to speak up on the Disney water issue...OMG IT IS SO DISGUSTING. It's like what I think toilet water would taste like. Old, stagnant toilet water. My daughter is very picky and is pretty sensitive to "weird" tastes and she won't even brush her teeth with Disney water...she uses bottled water for that! Once, to "test" her, we rinsed her toothbrush in tap water without telling her just to see if she'd notice...and she totally did!

As a way to keep my sanity through her pickiness/taste sensitivities, I tell myself she'll probably be a professional food taster or sommelier when she grows up!

We've had many "meh" experiences at Disney, but nothing horrible. I'm only participating in this thread to speak up on the Disney water issue...OMG IT IS SO DISGUSTING. It's like what I think toilet water would taste like. Old, stagnant toilet water. My daughter is very picky and is pretty sensitive to "weird" tastes and she won't even brush her teeth with Disney water...she uses bottled water for that! Once, to "test" her, we rinsed her toothbrush in tap water without telling her just to see if she'd notice...and she totally did!

As a way to keep my sanity through her pickiness/taste sensitivities, I tell myself she'll probably be a professional food taster or sommelier when she grows up!
:rotfl2: It is nasty. Your DD is very sensitive if she won't even brush her teeth! I hope you DD never got ill from the water.

I guess my saddest was dropping $950 for dinner at Cali Grill for 8 people. Then after dinner we walked over to th eMK and my 2 teen aged sons both ate 2 foot longs at Casey's.
The food at Cali was just OK and everyone left hungry still. We spent another $50 as Casey's less than an hour after we finished.
My worst experience was also at California Grill. Sorry you had a bad experience but I'm pleased to know I'm not alone. Our meal was just blah. We had high hopes going in. The food and service were nothing special.

For me it would either be my first breakfast at 1900 Park Fare or breakfast at Cape May Cafe. The service is the main reason for both of those meals being so miserable, though the food was nothing special. At 1900 Park Fare I had a completely incompetent server, and at Cape May there was a huge seating issue as well as very inattentive service.

Gasparilla Island Grill at GF. The food was cold, the server was incredibly rude, rolled her eyes at me when I said thank you when she brought the food and pushed the door open so hard that she hit my niece in the arm and almost knocked her down.

l'originale alfredo

thank goodness this restaurant is Disney history. Worst dining service not only in Disney, but EVER!

Started off slow, but we were fine with that; after a long afternoon at EPCOT with a 2 & 5 year old, we were thankful to relax in the cool. When our waitress arrived at our table, she asked if we were on the Dining Plan, which we were, and then told us we could not order drinks on the plan and asked for my credit card. When I asked what for, she told us it was for the items not covered by the DP. When I informed her we would not be ordering any wine, alcohol or anything not covered by the DP she huffed and left without taking our order. Ten minutes later, she returns, DW, DD (5) and I order, and are informed that we have to order a meal for our DD who is 2 (actually 2 yrs & 8 months). When we informed her of her age and that she would be eat off her mothers plate, our waitress told us that was against the DP rules in a loud, harsh voice and stormed off again. This time she returned with a manager, and proceeded to point and feverishly talk in what I suspect was Italian. While we couldn't understand what she was saying, I could certainly read the gentleman's expression; he was just as confused as we were. When he spoke back with her, she only got louder and after a minute, he finally held up his hand and pointed for her to leave. He then apologized, called another waitress over to take our order and told us the desserts were comped (since we were on the DP it really didn't matter, but I appreciated the sentiment).

After all that, the meal could have been five star and we probably would not have enjoyed it. We didn't see the waitress in the dining room for the rest of the meal.

Our worst Disney dining experience was at Coral Reef in 2007, but at no fault to the restaurant or staff. We had a table next to the aquarium and were enjoying our meal when a family with 4 youngster piled in between our table and the one next to us for pictures. The kids pushed and shoved their way next to the back back wall and caused the table next to us to spill some drinks. Then, right on cue, here came the diver. These kids went crazy! Next thing we knew, one of the (he had to be 4 or 5) had climbed up in the middle of our table and was smacking the glass to get the divers attention, all while his shoe was firmly planted in the middle of my daughter plate. The staff jumped in and a waiter got "little Johnny" off our table, asked the family to move along, and several apologies. A manager re-ordered another plate for each of us at the table (woo-hoo, two steaks for me) and comped both our table and the one next to us.

l'originale alfredo

thank goodness this restaurant is Disney history. Worst dining service not only in Disney, but EVER!

Started off slow, but we were fine with that; after a long afternoon at EPCOT with a 2 & 5 year old, we were thankful to relax in the cool. When our waitress arrived at our table, she asked if we were on the Dining Plan, which we were, and then told us we could not order drinks on the plan and asked for my credit card. When I asked what for, she told us it was for the items not covered by the DP. When I informed her we would not be ordering any wine, alcohol or anything not covered by the DP she huffed and left without taking our order. Ten minutes later, she returns, DW, DD (5) and I order, and are informed that we have to order a meal for our DD who is 2 (actually 2 yrs & 8 months). When we informed her of her age and that she would be eat off her mothers plate, our waitress told us that was against the DP rules in a loud, harsh voice and stormed off again. This time she returned with a manager, and proceeded to point and feverishly talk in what I suspect was Italian. While we couldn't understand what she was saying, I could certainly read the gentleman's expression; he was just as confused as we were. When he spoke back with her, she only got louder and after a minute, he finally held up his hand and pointed for her to leave. He then apologized, called another waitress over to take our order and told us the desserts were comped (since we were on the DP it really didn't matter, but I appreciated the sentiment).

After all that, the meal could have been five star and we probably would not have enjoyed it. We didn't see the waitress in the dining room for the rest of the meal.

Our worst Disney dining experience was at Coral Reef in 2007, but at no fault to the restaurant or staff. We had a table next to the aquarium and were enjoying our meal when a family with 4 youngster piled in between our table and the one next to us for pictures. The kids pushed and shoved their way next to the back back wall and caused the table next to us to spill some drinks. Then, right on cue, here came the diver. These kids went crazy! Next thing we knew, one of the (he had to be 4 or 5) had climbed up in the middle of our table and was smacking the glass to get the divers attention, all while his shoe was firmly planted in the middle of my daughter plate. The staff jumped in and a waiter got "little Johnny" off our table, asked the family to move along, and several apologies. A manager re-ordered another plate for each of us at the table (woo-hoo, two steaks for me) and comped both our table and the one next to us.

That is insane......where were the parents? Probably right there huh? I cannot stand when I see things like this. Just because you are at Disney does not mean good manners go out the window!

Two adults (not acting like parents so I don't want to assume) were there the whole time. We never heard a reprimand or an apology out of them.

Our family has a good laugh about it quite often. Especially when we watch an episode of The Middle with the Glosners. My youngest will always laugh and say "we met them at Disney"

l'originale alfredo

What a disservice that waitress did to you! Alfredo was one of the few vivid memories I have of my first trip to Epcot as a child, I remember the rolls and dipping oil being the best thing I had ever tasted and the dessert being fantastic, I was really sad when I went back as an adult and it was gone. I'm sorry your experience was so negative!

What a disservice that waitress did to you! Alfredo was one of the few vivid memories I have of my first trip to Epcot as a child, I remember the rolls and dipping oil being the best thing I had ever tasted and the dessert being fantastic, I was really sad when I went back as an adult and it was gone. I'm sorry your experience was so negative!

As with most things in life, what seems like a disservice or tragedy at the time, usually turns out to be some of the memories that draw the family closer. As I mentioned in an earlier post, both of my daughter remember win humor the Coral Reef incident. And when I get a little out of line, sometime my wife threatens to "get the manager".

Although this board is about our "worst", I can honestly say I've never had an inedible meal while at Disney, and I've eaten several hundred I'm sure.

Our waiter at Alfredo's stunk, literally.

Ugh! That stinks! (no pun intended)
The only thing worse than a bad smelling waiter or waitress is actually sitting behind someone who smells like a combination of stale cigarettes & bad body odor.

Our family has a good laugh about it quite often. Especially when we watch an episode of The Middle with the Glosners. My youngest will always laugh and say "we met them at Disney"

I just busted out laughing! LOL:rotfl2:

Monsieur Paul, hands down. The waiter was really nice and everything but I guess my girlfriend and I just don't "get" French cuisine? We hated our meals, didn't eat anything and pretty much ran out of there after paying!

Hollywood Brown Derby is the only place I've eaten at Disney where I've felt unhappy during the meal.

We had a visit there where we felt out of place and uncomfortable, but decided to give it another go a few years later.

The server was very rude , particularly when we asked which menu items would be suitable for a gluten free diet. They basically said 'well MOST people can read a menu and figure out what they can eat from just looking'. Made me feel very very uncomfortable, and if we hadn't been really hungry and tired from walking around the park all day, we would have just got up and left. I wish we had!

Chef Mickey's for sure

It was our first meal for my DD's first trip a couple of years ago. She loved it but she didn't eat much because she was more interested in the characters.

We went for dinner and the food wasn't very good, especially for what they charge. I'm trying to convince DD that we need to skip Chef Mickey's next trip.

I think H&V is constantly bad, we have been a couple of times with our babies but never have we left impressed. Also, regrettably Citricos has let us down twice now. First time my Risotto was bad and chicken dry. Second time was the service, in all my years of visiting Disney this has been the worst service I have received, and to top it off our server came over twice to 'advise' us on his tip!! Just to say I am aware that for the most part experiences had there are good, it just sadly wasn't the case for us.

Paradiso 37...Just the usual. Bad food, stuck in the middle of the restaurant with 30 servers, Music too loud...did I mention the terrible food? :) For the most part we have had pretty good luck at WDW.

O'hana is my favorite and we are planning on breakfast there since my DD loves Lilo and Stitch. My DD is 6 and for some reason she calls it No Hana :lol:

We had a good experience at H & V but both my husband and I agreed if we hadn't been seated right when lunch service started, it wouldn't have been good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter