Worst Ending to a Disney Trip EVER! (and other things that happened) - UPDATE 6/22!

Thanks for letting me know your experiences. I bought my mom some of that tape and she never used it so I bet I can get it back from her! The brace I have is the one with metal or something hard in the side of the knee so I might need to buy another one that is cloth only (?) for the trip. I assume that's what you mean when you say cloth only?

I hope that the tape works for you! I've tried other brands but the KT brand is the one I like the best. Of course, it's the most expensive. You'll need scissors for the knee wrap because it uses two and a half strips.

That is what I mean by cloth only. I have some of the ones with the metal on the side but they feel more restrictive to me. Especially when I'm walking around all day.

Looking back at some pictures, I see that I also switched out with the chock straps too. I did not remember that. I had to find those online.

I know this is weird pic but I don't want to give away what I'm doing but here is a pic of the tape on my knee plus the chock straps.

upload_2017-1-8_19-13-35.png

Just found your TR and am caught up, really enjoying it so far!

Welcome :welcome: and thank you! :thanks:

Been following along, as well as your Pre-trip, enjoying both :)

I'm glad that you are enjoying both! :cool1:

Following along!

Welcome! :jumping1:

I found your TR this morning and found it so hysterical at times that I was laughing out loud.:happytv: I told my DH that I have never read a TR this entertaining before and I've read many TR's over the years!!!:surfweb: I think so many of your thoughts but you actually put pen to paper:thumbsup2! Disney is to all of us on the DisBoards "our happy place" but let's face it, there are many anxious and frustrating things that can happy on a WDW trip and you put such a humorous spin on it all!:rotfl: Thank you for entertaining me on this frigid, snowy day! Looking forward to your next update.:wave:

Awww. Thank you! I'm glad that you are enjoying it. I try to laugh at myself and the situation as much as possible because life can get way too serious if we let it! And if you take yourself too seriously you cause even more drama, which no one needs.

An update just came your way!

You're welcome!

Moana%2B%2528lead%2529.jpg

Moana joke! If you haven't seen it yet - RUN to the theater!

What is Under Jenna’s Skirt???

No matter what I did, my skirt insisted on flying up!

:rotfl: I played this game too but on TT.

Thank GOD for the barrier in front of the ride vehicle but is Mr. Under Armour trying to catch a peek????
upload_2017-1-8_18-37-51-png.214073

That seems to be an "oh no my skirt is flying up" picture :rotfl:

It took us about 28min to get to the car. We played Heads Up again in line. I really think that the people in line around us either get a kick out of it or think we’re crazy. These people thought we were crazy.

That sounds like a fun use of that game. I like that game, but I can never convince people to play it for long.

Yup, fries. The ONE time I try and resist the fries and they find me anyway. Obviously, we were meant to be.

Meant to be :lovestruc

I WAS THE REBEL SPY!

:cheer2:

Obviously, I'm the perfect choice because I look sweet and innocent and no one would ever expect me to be the rebel spy.

It's true and they'd never expect that you're a witch that works with yetis. To take over the world? No one knows your plan :laughing:

Up next….another “surprise” for my parents…how do you think they're going to react???

I think we all know how they're going to react.

:rotfl2: Josh has a boring reaction to surprises too.

I forgot to mention in the last installment that my outfit added a fun new game to the ToT experience – What is Under Jenna’s Skirt???

No matter what I did, my skirt insisted on flying up!

This is why I wear skorts! Lol

On this ToT ride and one other time this trip, there was this weird red light that I think was coming from one of the panels in the front of the ride vehicle. It was incredibly distracting and lit up a few places that should have been dark. It kind of brought you out of the experience. Both my parents noticed and commented on how distracting it was too. Has anyone else experienced this?

Don't remember this from June but I only rode it once on that trip.

We left ToT and went over to RnRC to see the wait time. It was 40min which was a little long for us. (We are totally spoiled in Sept. I feel ruined for other times of the year.) We were discussing the wait and a woman came up to us and said that she had just gotten off the ride and it was actually a short wait. I could see the line outside from here so I was a little skeptical but willing to try. Dad didn’t want to go so Mom and I decided to go and if it was super long we would just hop back out. We didn’t want Dad to wait forever for us.

I pulled out the LINES app and started timing so that I could update the wait for the app and also so we knew how long we actually waited in line. It took us about 28min to get to the car.

Disney definitely inflates wait times!

Since we had the two allergy orders, we waited awhile. I think it was one of our longer waits. I stared at a lot of Star Wars stuff. They had Star Wars cupcakes that I couldn’t get a good picture of because the CMs putting it on other people’s trays did not face them towards me. Can you believe it? One family was not paying attention and I ALMOST reached out and turned their cupcake.

That would probably have been crossing a line but now I kind of wish I had done it…

I wonder what would have happened. With my luck, I would have gotten kicked out of the park or had to buy them new cupcakes. Either option seems plausible.

Sorry on the wait. Haha on the cupcakes!

I did see a lot of BB8 cups go out. And he's round so he takes a good pic no matter where the CMs place him.

We got one of these in June! I love BB-8!

Our food finally came out and Mom had to eat fast to make her FP.
View attachment 214078

And can you see what I got that I shouldn't have gotten?

Yup, fries. The ONE time I try and resist the fries and they find me anyway. Obviously, we were meant to be.

Apparently so!

I've never ridden Star Tours (I don't really do simulators) but I've heard about the rebel spy! So awesome!

Cute but weird Army Man story.

Thanks for sharing more about the knee situation. I'll need to re-evaluate my issues as we get closer to June.

This is why I wear skorts! Lol

In the past, I've worn tight fitness/compression/biker shorts under my skirt but it's so hot that it is soooo much cooler without the shorts!

I also had to be careful getting in and out of the ride vehicles on RnRC and SM. I'm sure I flashed someone, somewhere! Good thing I make sure to wear cute underwear on skirt days! :rotfl:

In the past, I've worn tight fitness/compression/biker shorts under my skirt but it's so hot that it is soooo much cooler without the shorts!

I also had to be careful getting in and out of the ride vehicles on RnRC and SM. I'm sure I flashed someone, somewhere! Good thing I make sure to wear cute underwear on skirt days! :rotfl:
I bought my skorts as tennis/athletic skorts from Academy. They are incredibly comfortable. They are moisture wicking, too.

Here's what they look like:
skort.jpg

Here's the link:
http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/bcg-womens-club-sports-lasercut-tennis-skirt#repChildCatid=3350188

I'm a little sad because it looks like they only carry black now. I have 4...black, white, pink, and blue. They also had orange last year. I was hoping to buy a few more, even the same colors, because I won't have as easy access to a washer and dryer this trip.

I bought my skorts as tennis/athletic skorts from Academy. They are incredibly comfortable. They are moisture wicking, too.

Here's what they look like:
View attachment 214151

Here's the link:
http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/bcg-womens-club-sports-lasercut-tennis-skirt#repChildCatid=3350188

I'm a little sad because it looks like they only carry black now. I have 4...black, white, pink, and blue. They also had orange last year. I was hoping to buy a few more, even the same colors, because I won't have as easy access to a washer and dryer this trip.

OMG! Soooo pretty. I LOVE it!!! Sad about the colors though. I think an orange one would be awesome.

I've never noticed a weird red light on TOT and I ride it ALL the time, but now I'm going to take notice on May. I've also never ridden Star Tours since, like I mentioned, not a fan :scared: BUT, have I mentioned to you that my stepson used to be James Earl Jones' pool boy?? Does that make up for it lol? Honestly simulators and me don't always get along anyway so I'd probably feel icky on it. That's a big reason I prefer Disney over Universal although definitely not the only reason!

Yup, I love them! I only ordered black and white though and now I really wish I'd ordered more if they only have the black :( Maybe it's just too early in the season and soon they'll add colors........
I hope so. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and order maybe 2 more of the black just in case they get rid of those, too. I could always exchange them if they get more colors in. But then I think, how crazy would it be to have 3 black ones. Maybe I'll wait a little longer to decide.

Just to let you know I totally read through this post at work today. I'm back in WDW in 13 days.

Can. Not. Wait.

Also, I feel like we could be best friends. Just sayin'.

LOVING your trip report.
Question. It's been awhile since I have gone (an will be there for two days NEXT WEEK!) and I need to ask about your Chewie meet. Where does meet and what times? I am a Major Star Wars fan and am thrilled that it seems like they have beefed up this aspect of the Park. In my 2013 trip I was the Rebel Spy and, if this helps your theory, I DO watch the all the pre-ride stuff.

I've never noticed a weird red light on TOT and I ride it ALL the time, but now I'm going to take notice on May. I've also never ridden Star Tours since, like I mentioned, not a fan :scared: BUT, have I mentioned to you that my stepson used to be James Earl Jones' pool boy?? Does that make up for it lol? Honestly simulators and me don't always get along anyway so I'd probably feel icky on it. That's a big reason I prefer Disney over Universal although definitely not the only reason!

The red light wasn't on all the ride vehicles, just some of them. And you would notice it if it was there. When you move in to the elevator shaft for the drop, it completely lights up the elevator shaft and you can see a lot of the mechanics. It totally brought you out of what was going on. Normally, it's completely dark and adds to the thrill of the drop.

That is so cool and random that you're stepson used to be James Earl Jones' pool boy! Haha. That totally makes up for it!

You probably would feel icky. It's a fairly "aggressive" simulator. I also have trouble at Universal because of all the simulators. I wish they wouldn't do so many! I can handle the Spiderman and Gringotts if I close my eyes at the parts where you are "falling" down. But Simpsons and Forbidden Journey are too much.

I hope so. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and order maybe 2 more of the black just in case they get rid of those, too. I could always exchange them if they get more colors in. But then I think, how crazy would it be to have 3 black ones. Maybe I'll wait a little longer to decide.

I think two black ones would be all right - one for in the wash and one to wear. But no judgements if you wanted to do three!! I get like that when I really like an article of clothing and I'm afraid they'll discontinue it. I usually have maybe two that I wear and an unworn 3rd one for when one of the others wears out! I would like to say, though, that I don't do that for EVERY piece of clothing I own

Just to let you know I totally read through this post at work today. I'm back in WDW in 13 days.

Can. Not. Wait.

Also, I feel like we could be best friends. Just sayin'.

YAY!! :cool1: Lucky 13!! (Though now it is lucky 12, I guess. But still!!)

Awww...thanks. Are you going to do a trip report for your upcoming trip?

And congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!!! :dance3:

Fun trip! Following along :)

Welcome! :welcome: Glad you could join us!

LOVING your trip report.
Question. It's been awhile since I have gone (an will be there for two days NEXT WEEK!) and I need to ask about your Chewie meet. Where does meet and what times? I am a Major Star Wars fan and am thrilled that it seems like they have beefed up this aspect of the Park. In my 2013 trip I was the Rebel Spy and, if this helps your theory, I DO watch the all the pre-ride stuff.

Thank you! :thanks:

You'll be there so soon - how exciting!! Chewie meets in the new Star Wars Launch Bay. I believe it is all throughout the day concurrently, much like the Princess Fairytale Hall in MK. Go down the main street (Hollywood Blvd) towards the Chinese Theater and then as you get to stage, turn right and you'll be able to see the Launch Bay through the Animation Courtyard arch. When you go in to the Launch Bay, stay right. They'll ask you if you want to watch the film (which is to the left) you can if you want (there probably would have been time first thing in the morning but I was on a mission to see Chewie) but otherwise continue to stay right. There are CMs who will direct you towards the meets for Kylo Ren and Chewbacca. Enjoy the Launch Bay - I wish I would have lingered a bit more.

Here is a map to Hollywood Studios. The Launch Bay is the blue #33 at the middle left of the map. http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/disney-hollywood-studios-map.htm

Also, there is the March of the First Order throughout the day. Pick up a Times Guide at the front of the park for the most accurate information but it's typically around 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 3pm and 4pm. The March starts near the entrance to the park and ends with a little mini-show on the stage in front of the Chinese Theater.

HAVE FUN!!! And let me know if you are the rebel spy again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter