Worst Ever Performance of the National Anthem

There is nothing wrong with her voice, I assume it is the style that people are objecting to. Fergie is now trending, so mission accomplished.

Yeah I didn't think her voice was bad, it was the way she chose to sing the song that makes it awful for me. I also thought she looked fabulous.

Eeps. Just watch the Fergie one. Definitely....odd. However, she's getting people to talk about her, which I'm sure was the goal!

I just can't stand any version with endless drawn out runs, no matter how good the voice.

Yeah I didn't think her voice was bad, it was the way she chose to sing the song that makes it awful for me. I also thought she looked fabulous.

Honestly, I'd call it a wrong place & wrong time experience. If it was any other song & occasion, it might have ended up as a top song on any "Smooth Jazz" radio station. However, anyone listening to the National Anthem should expect to experience a performance respectful not only to the Anthem itself, but also respectful for all those serving this Country.

Some of the tweets I have seen have really hit the nail on the head.
“Star Spangled Banner to the tune of Marilyn Monroes Happy Birthday Mr President”
Or “If Fergie was going for my friends drunk mom trying to act sexy she nailed it”

I've seen "Fergie in a game show, drawing the "sing the National Anthem as Marilyn Monroe playing Amy Winehouse".

Also "Fergie sounded so bad, it would make Kaepernick stand up and tell her don't disrespect the anthem like that."

Thank you Twitter.

There is nothing wrong with Fergie’s voice but she doesn’t have the range for the anthem. Most songs if you can’t hit a note, they change the arrangement. That song should not be changed.

She did look good though.

What did she say?
"I've always been honoured and proud to perform the national anthem and last night I wanted to try something special for the NBA.

"I'm a risk taker artistically, but clearly this rendition didn't strike the intended tone."

She added: "I love this country and honestly tried my best."

A few weeks after Roseanne's San Diego Padres fiasco, she appeared on the Sally Jessie Raphael show and performed a decent enough rendition of the National Anthem.

She does the first few lines ok, then she starts channeling a drunk Katherine Hepburn.

Not good - not as bad as I thought it'd be - but not good.

The first thing that came to mind was whether she was trying to do something like Marvin Gaye's rendition at the 1983 NBA All Star Game (considered to be one of the best ever). If that's what she was going for, then that ... was not a wise decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter