Would you buy an iPhone...

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
...knowing that they are manufactured in China, a country with a "special" relationship with Russia? In factories with suicide nets? In a place where Apple employees can beat up staff members that displease them?

:mad: I don't buy anything from China if I can help it, and their relationship with Russia is the least of it. The CCP is the second-most brutal and oppressive regime on the face of the earth and is completely antithetical to western ideals. I'm a fanatical label-reader and if a product is identified as being made in China, I find an alternative or do without. Unfortunately, country-of-origin labeling is not mandatory by law in Canada, and that makes informed buying difficult to 100% accuracy.

No, I like my Android phone, and Apple products are expensive and often need replacing.

I have lots of objects surrounding me at this moment that are made in China. It is a fact of life that Chinese imports are ubiquitous in the US. In fact, I try to buy American when I can afford to. It's not as easy as some might think. I feel right now like I'm defending myself, and I don't know which emotion to express about that.

We live in a global economy. Even if the 'final assembly' takes place in a specific country, the components likely came from many other places. I would also look for reputable news organizations about what the facts are for the various accusations being made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter