Would you report this?

I worry about the repercussions from a DIS thread where everyone agreed, so I'm gonna have to recommend that you tell on her/him, report her/him.

No sense in tempting fate like this...

Mark this day down,

MAY 1, 2016.

The day everyone on Dis thread agreed. :eek:

This is a rare occurrence. I was going to say once in a blue moon, but I truly believe it's more rare than that. :laughing:

Good one Goofy Disney Dad. :)

I wouldn't say anything. The bigwigs will find out eventually. Give someone enough rope and they'll hang themselves.

I agree with everyone else---reporting it is not going to go well for you. This would be true even if you were a long time employee--and if my memory is correct, you just moved back to the US and started a new job sometime in the past 4-5 months----so that goes double for you as a new person.

Last edited:
No, I would definitely not report something like this. Not my business.

It's worth it to be a good employee that stays above the fray of Facebook fodder.

Last edited:
I worry about the repercussions from a DIS thread where everyone agreed, so I'm gonna have to recommend that you tell on her/him, report her/him.

No sense in tempting fate like this...

Mark this day down,

MAY 1, 2016.

The day everyone on Dis thread agreed. :eek:

This is a rare occurrence. I was going to say once in a blue moon, but I truly believe it's more rare than that. :laughing:
Yep, it was a true DIS-mas miracle until Goofy Disney Dad showed up...:rolleyes1

I am an HR Mgr. Companies have to proceed carefully about disciplining over social media comments. The comments may fall under the National Relations Act which allow employees to discuss their work place conditions.

If the employee was threatening violence in the workplace or admitting to an illegal act, the company could use the social media information to discipline/term the employee.

giphy.gif

HECK NO!

Defriend the person on facebook or unfollow them on twitter or wherever you are seeing this stuff. Nothing good will come of you getting in any way involved.

Nope. The only times I would consider it is if the person were threatening the work place or someone at the workplace or if it was a serious breach of policy (even then, I'd probably do something else, rather than tell my boss).

For instance, I used to work at a company that had a contract with a local hospital. My office was in the hospital in the admittance/financial counseling offices. One of my coworkers (well, hospital employee) posted on her facebook that a very prominent businessman in our city came in for chemo. So not only did she say he was there, but she said what for. I don't know what possessed her to think this was ok. Somehow (not sure if a coworker snitched or what) the manager of that area found out and had to call the businessman and explain and apologize. He was very gracious (he is deceased now, but was known for being a very good man - one story said that he asked one of his employees to go to lunch with him and then flew them to another city on his helicopter), but the employee was fired. I don't think it went further than the firing, but it certainly could have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter