Would you share your likes and/or dislikes of your scooter?

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
revo_3.jpg

revo3wdisassembled1.jpg

Would you share your likes and/or dislikes of your scooter?

I own a Pride Revo 3-wheel scooter.

I tried to research the different brands and models before I bought mine almost four years ago.

I wanted a scooter that would carry my weight and go as long a distance as possible. I found out that the battery capacity and the weight of the driver determine how long the scooter will stay charged. The heavier the driver, the more energy required of the batteries, the less distance or time the batteries will last.

Another big factor is if the driving area is mostly flat or hilly. Hills requiire more energy from the batteries of the scooter.

So I looked around on the internet. I found many websites of different brands and their different models.

I was finally able to narrow my search to three criteria. I wanted online information. So if I could find out who made the scooter, I looked for the manufacturer of the scooter online and their website. This was usually the place with the most accurate information.

Second, I wanted to see photos and specifications and even an owner's manual if possible.

Then I looked for places that sold the scooter whether new at stores or online stores or used at ebay or individual ads.

I really liked the way the Pride Revo 3-wheel scooter looked. The Revo had the look and feel of a full-size scooter on a very compact frame for getting on WDW buses and it seemed more portable and disassembles into five lightweight, easy to manage pieces. I decided on the three wheel for a couple of personal reasons for the comfort and ease of pain from my leg. The four wheel had humps over the front two wheels and made my ankles arch upwards causing pain. But the three wheel had a flat service because the one, front wheel was underneath the steering column out of my feet's way.

This was a personal preference for me.

I really liked the two quick-connect battery boxes that had larger batteries for greater range. And each battery looked like part of the scooter design with retrackable handles for lifting each one out without any wires.

It had front and rear lights. A large build in handle on the rear heaviest part of the scooter where the rear wheels and motor are located for easier lifting into the car trunk.

And the tiller folds down flat to the floor when packing and the chair has a folding back rest with removable and adjustable width arm rests.

If you have flash on your computer, try clicking the link below. You will see a side view of the four wheel Pride Revo, but if you click the words below the photo of the scooter you will see what I have been talking about.

"Innovative" shows what the battery packs look like and how easy it is to remove. See how it looks like part of the body of the scooter. And they just fit together perfectly without bother of seeing the battery itself.

"Disassembly" shows the five sections of the scooter. You can see the chair, but the arm rests can also come off. And in the center you see the front part of the scooter section with folded steering tiller which locks in place and acts like a handle when picking it up to pack in the trunk. Then the two black batteries on either side. And finally, the rear motor section with large, but well designed hidden handle that just looks like part of the styling.

"3-wheel" and "360 degree rotation" show what the 3-wheel Revo looks like.

http://www.pridemobility.com/images/flash/revo.html

Below is a link that shows the brochure with a larger photo and specifications for my Revo 3 wheel scooter that shows a lot of information to help me compare with other brand and models.

http://www.pridemobility.com/pdf/brochures/scooter/US_Revo_ss.pdf

And below is a link to the owner's manual that explains everything about the Revo scooter.

http://www.pridemobility.com/pdf/owners_manuals/US_Scooter/US_Revo_3_4_om.pdf

Now I am looking for something better.

A scooter that will match with another car and a way to carry it besides breaking it down and storing it in a car trunk.

But I'll save that information for another post.

Would anyone out there like to share there experiences with their scooters and cars and lifts or however you carry your scooter.

Maybe you just rent the same scooter everytime at WDW and have your own experiences of likes and dislikes about your scooter that you use.

Please share.

Sounds like you did some real careful research the first time you bought.
Since I don't use one, I don't have info to add about that. I know Cheshire Figment has a lift on the back of his car for his scooter so he doesn't have to take it apart. So hopefully, he will be by to tell you about that.
This weekend I saw a car towing a very small trailer that had a ramp on one side which folded up and down from one side to drive the ECV on. They were driving by me, so I could not get the brand or anything. I thought it looked quite nice because the folded ramp helped to keep the ECV on the trailer. The whole thing was just big enough for the ECV to fit.

atv_rack_loading.jpg

When I was thinking of other ways to carry my scooter without taking it apart and putting it in my trunk, I was looking at a manual carrier that was not electrically operated.

My car doesn't have a trailer hitch which most carriers require. And I found out that I might have to use a smaller size hitch with my 1989 Nissan Maxima. So I was trying to make a decision if this smaller hitch would support any carrier that I was thinking about buying.

I have seen some scooter carriers on the back of cars bounce and rock back and forth when hitting bumps or holes in the road while I was driving down to WDW. I was surprised that the whole thing didn't break off and crash into my car. The sparks of the metal carrier against the road really got my attention, too.

I didn't want this to happen to me, if possible.

I was initially looking for something simple to use that I could remove if I didn't need it everyday.

I was also looking for something that wasn't made of heavy material and less likely to rust like aluminum instead of steel.

And, of course, I didn't want to lift the scooter onto the carrier.

I found a carrier that met all of these criteria, but it was expensive.

Which led me to compare electrical carrier lifts if I bought another car that could handle the larger size hitch and weight. But that is another story.

Here is a link to a brochure of the Tilt-A-Rack manual carrier below.

I like the way that it has a hidden ramp under the carrier that slides out.

And the weight of the scooter will balance the carrier into a straight position when loaded.

And when not in use, instead of removing the carrier, it would fold up flat against the rear of the car and mostly out of the way.

I don't have a picture here, but there is another device that allows the whole device to swing out of the way of the rear trunk by using an arm extension. I could see this also putting a lot of strain on the hitch even if not loaded with a scooter.

A bigger, more solid hitch attached to a car would really help support this, but not my car.

http://www.scooterdirect.com/images/products/Brochure/BROCHUREATVS_Mobility4Page_R11_d1e2.pdf

And here is an Owner's Instructional Manual below.

http://www.scooterdirect.com/images/products/Manual/MANUAL350MiniInstructions_HR_ee7c.pdf

Anyone want share if they have this scooter carrier or another kind?

Hi, Sue. You have an excellent, informative site here. I really like all of the F.A.Q.'s sticky information at the top of the board page, too. It looks like so much hard work and loving care that was taken to put it together just to help everyone. And it seems like you put so much of your voluntary time into this. I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to you. And to thank all of the other moderators and posters that contribute such great information and opinions and volunteer their information, time, and caring.

I must have been putting together another post at the same time that you were posting.

I saw a similar carrier, too. The black one that I saw was made of steel, too. They had a large hitch to help support the weight.

I found three photos. One of a smaller type for a hoverround with with the fold down ramp. One with a full size scooter. One with a swing out arm to access the rear trunk to unload luggage without the scooter on the carrier.

VH-MS_15.jpg

mobility-carrier-12.jpg

mobility-carrier-15.jpg

I also found an Owner's Manual of another black scooter carrier with ramp and instructions and photos below.

http://www.discountramps.com/wcImages/SC500-Instructions.pdf

Sounds like you did some real careful research the first time you bought.
Since I don't use one, I don't have info to add about that. I know Cheshire Figment has a lift on the back of his car for his scooter so he doesn't have to take it apart. So hopefully, he will be by to tell you about that.
This weekend I saw a car towing a very small trailer that had a ramp on one side which folded up and down from one side to drive the ECV on. They were driving by me, so I could not get the brand or anything. I thought it looked quite nice because the folded ramp helped to keep the ECV on the trailer. The whole thing was just big enough for the ECV to fit.

Ray it looks like you put a lot of time into researching your scooter..good job. I have 2 scooters. I have had them for a few years. 1st is celebrity, of the 2 it seems to be more solid. It goes faster and has more power for hills and inclines. If I remember correctly it weighs 196 lbs. It has a medium height seat. Headlight and running rear lights. It can be taken apart for transportation as I guess most scooters can. I have actually fit it in the trunk of an Impalla. Some of it had to go in the back seat. Would not do it again but was doable.

The 2nd is a Sunrunner. It weighs 165 lbs. A bit slower and less power. The seat is full length with a headrest. No running lights but does have reflecters. Because of the weight difference this was easier to transport. Could be taken apart also.

I took the arm rest off both scooters for easier transportation. I built a wooden ramp that I kept in the back of my van to load and unload. It is tearing up the inside up in the van. So I am getting a hitch and a ramp. It is funny that one of the pictures( the step 3 picture) you show, is the ramp I am in the process of buying. Same manufacture and everything. Makes me fell good about it about my choice. I like that it folds up against the tailgate when not in use.

Sorry I don't have any pictures. Not sure I would know even how to begin.
I have taken both scooters to WDW dozens of times. Ran them from 6am past midnight. Would take the chargers with me in case. Think I only charged the Sunrunner for about an hour while we were eating..MK stayed open till 2am that day. Of course IMO the newer the batteries the long the charge will keep.

Ray: Thank you for all the information on the Pride Revo. When reserving my scooter rental for our upcoming trip to WDW, this is the one that Scootaround said I would probably be renting from them.

We're staying off-site so I needed one that could be disassembled and assembled relatively easy every day. I'm traveling with 4 grown men so I will have the muscle power behind me.

Will we have to assemble the scooter to charge it every night or can we just remove the batteries?

Hi, Carnator.
Ray it looks like you put a lot of time into researching your scooter..good job
Thank you for sharing.
I have 2 scooters. I have had them for a few years. 1st is celebrity, of the 2 it seems to be more solid. It goes faster and has more power for hills and inclines. If I remember correctly it weighs 196 lbs. It has a medium height seat. Headlight and running rear lights. It can be taken apart for transportation as I guess most scooters can. I have actually fit it in the trunk of an Impalla. Some of it had to go in the back seat. Would not do it again but was doable.

Here is a photo of a Celebrity mobility scooter that I found that might look similar to what you have. Manufacturers are always updating their models and adding options and changing colors and seats, but this may look similar if anyone was curious about what the Celebrity looks like.

celebrityx_3.jpg

Here is a Brochure for a newer Celebrity scooter below.
http://www.pridemobility.com/pdf/brochures/scooter/Celebrity_X.pdf

Here is an Owner's Manual for a Celebrity scooter below.
http://www.pridemobility.com/pdf/owners_manuals/US_Scooter/US_Celebrity_X_om.pdf

The 2nd is a Sunrunner. It weighs 165 lbs. A bit slower and less power. The seat is full length with a headrest. No running lights but does have reflecters. Because of the weight difference this was easier to transport. Could be taken apart also.

Here is a photo of a Sunrunner-3 mobility scooter that I found that might look similar to what you have. Manufacturers are always updating their models and adding options and changing colors and seats, but this may look similar if anyone was curious about what the Sunrunner-3 looks like.

Shoprider-Sunrunner.jpg

And here is a link to the Owner's Manual with instructions and specifications and photos that is a combination of four different scooters.
http://www.shoprider.com/images/midsize_manual.pdf

I took the arm rest off both scooters for easier transportation. I built a wooden ramp that I kept in the back of my van to load and unload. It is tearing up the inside up in the van. So I am getting a hitch and a ramp. It is funny that one of the pictures( the step 3 picture) you show, is the ramp I am in the process of buying. Same manufacture and everything. Makes me fell good about it about my choice. I like that it folds up against the tailgate when not in use.

This might be the Owner's Manual with instructions and photos and specifications for the SC500 scooter carrier with folding ramp below.

Here is a photo of the carrier folded against the car when not in use.

sc500_addon_2.gif

Sorry I don't have any pictures. Not sure I would know even how to begin.
I have taken both scooters to WDW dozens of times.
Believe me, I completely understand. I am still learning.

Ran them from 6am past midnight. Would take the chargers with me in case. Think I only charged the Sunrunner for about an hour while we were eating..MK stayed open till 2am that day. Of course IMO the newer the batteries the long the charge will keep.

I completely agree with you. My batteries still recharge, but they don't last all day like they are new.

Thank you again for your information.

I used to have a Pride Go-Go and finally decided it was too small and lightweight. Its battery was also not enough for a full-time user. I like my current scooter. It is a Pacesaver Plus III Jr., made in Kansas City, Ks. It is medium sized, but still has a tight turning radius. The two U-1 batteries give me power to spare, even on inclines or all-day touring, like Epcot. I also love the 10-inch tires and padded seat, which give a much more comfortable ride than by old Go-Go.

My SilverStar (a Pride company) Backpacker scooter lift puts my scooter inside my mini-van, out of the weather and interested strangers. I have a power inverter plugged in to my cigarette lighter, and I plug my scooter charger into that while driving. That works well to keep the scooter charged.

DocPlusIIIje.jpg

BackpackerLift.jpg

You're welcome.

Will we have to assemble the scooter to charge it every night or can we just remove the batteries?

No, you don't. Isn't that a nice feature? If you have one of those foldable luggage carriers with wheels, you can just take the two batteries back to your room by rolling them back and forth and charge them in your room.

The nice thing about the Revo battery system is that they have built in, foldable handles that connect to each other physically and electrically when you place them side by side.

pride_revo_battery_tiller.JPG

Also, the electrical charger outlet is located on one side of the batteries with a rubber cover.

The charger system is separate.

If you print just the one part on the Owner's manual that shows how to disassemble and reassemble and recharge battery for the Revo scooter, it might save some aggravation if you run into problems. The link to the manual is below.

http://www.pridemobility.com/pdf/owners_manuals/US_Scooter/US_Revo_3_4_om.pdf

I will carry my charger with me in case I stay out all day, since my batteries are getting older and don't last 12 hours like they used to do. But 99% of the time I don't need to charge them until I get back to my room.

I usually stay on WDW property so I use the scooter to get to and from the resort and to the parks.

About the only time that I run out power is right at the end of the day as I am getting on the bus. And I have usually been doing a lot of exploring other than just going to the parks.

Can you say exploring the different resorts looking at Christmas decorations and just enjoying touring the resorts like GF and WL and BWV and Y&BC. Or just exploring the different resorts like aound the lakes at at POR and POFQ and CBR and CSR. Or just using the sidewalk from MGM to Epcot or OKW to SSR to DhTD on a nice day.

That is a lot of battery use.

I bought a black, velcro, saddle bag and attached it under my seat with grip ties. Then I put my charger and cord in a ziplock bag in the saddle bag just in case I needed it. It is out of the way and no one bothers it under the seat. And since it is black like the seat and batteries, it blends in and is almost not noticable.

You shouldn't have any problems. Just make sure when you charge the batteries that you don't plug the plug into an outlet that is controlled by a light switch. I did this as a newbie at OKW one time. I had the charger going and on and when I went to bed I turned out the light and I didn't know that it turned off the power to my charger too.

Dumb me!

Ray: Thank you for all the information on the Pride Revo. When reserving my scooter rental for our upcoming trip to WDW, this is the one that Scootaround said I would probably be renting from them.

We're staying off-site so I needed one that could be disassembled and assembled relatively easy every day. I'm traveling with 4 grown men so I will have the muscle power behind me.

Sometimes, when I am tired, and I get the scooter all put together and put the key in nothing happens. No power.

Oh boy!

Sometimes I just didn't make a good connection when plugging everything together.

But 95% of the time that little lever on the back of the scooter gets knocked out of position a little bit. WDW castmembers can use this lever to make the scooter free rolling so they can roll the scooter for you if they need to move the scooter with out using the key.

But the lever only has two positions and needs to be put in the locked position inorder for the key to turn on the power. But, sometimes taking the rear section out of the trunk moves the lever just enough to keep the power from turning on when you put the key in.

Can you see that tiny, little, lever in the photo above behind the batteries. That is the lever that I am talking about. You can see it in the owner's manual, too.

Also, when I pack my Revo in the trunk, I remove the seat, batteries, and separate the front and rear sections.

The rear motor section is the heaviest and can be lifted by holding the center metal pole that the seat rests on and the rear built in handle.

I usually put this in first and put it on the far side of the trunk sideways.

Then I take the arm rests off the seat and fold the seat and put it in the back as far as I can since it is very light with the pole facing up.

Then I take the front section and roll the wheel part in toward the back of the trunk as far as it will roll.

Then I just place the two batteries on the oppisite side of the trunk from where the motor section is located or just anywhere flat.

Finally I just flatten out the arm rests and place them anywhere in the trunk. Then any bags or stuff can be put on top.

If it rains, I like the WDW ponchos.

I can put the poncho over myself. Then I put the front part poncho over the handle bars and the back part of the poncho over the back seat for quick coverage.

I also got a friend to buy me a bunch of these disposable head shower covers with elastic band. They fit great over the electronic area over the tiller in case it rains. I am not sure if it makes a difference, but I just feel better covering it when it rains. Everything else on the scooter that is electrical is apparently covered and should be O.K..

Sometimes the seat and back are made of cloth.

I don't like to carry a lot of stuff so I found that if I brought some trash bags, I could fit one over the seat and another over the back and tie a knot to hold them in place when I am away from the scooter in case of rain.

They are disposable and thin, so I just throw them away after it stops raining.

I will take just the number of trash bags that I need and like one or two and wrap them around one shower cap and put a rubber band around it and put it under my seat in the saddle bag. It is barely the size of a small bottle of aspirin.

You'll have a great time. Enjoy and explore.

Hi, POOHsie. Thank you for all of the information.

I have been eyeing that SilverStar Backpacker lift for a very long time.

I have always been trying to decide what kind of SUV or mini van that I would want to buy to fit this thing in.

I have used their car/backpacker guide to try and decide what car to use it in, but I am just not sure if I want to spend all that money on a car and then the backpacker.

I am not sure that I would be happy with a mini van.

But I bet that I would be very happy with the Backpacker.

It is so cool that you just drive the scooter on the backpacker platform and then it lifts up the scooter on the platform and loads it in the back of the car out of sight after you close the door.

And you can charge your scooter and backpacker lift in the car, too.

That just seems too cool...awesome.

So much easier than one of those cranes with all of the hookup straps or cables, I would think. But, I have never used a crane before.

Can I ask you what kind of mini van that you have?

I have seen online how the Toyota Sienna, or the Honda Odyssey would look, but I was just curious what kind of car that you have.

Thank you again.

It is so nice to be able to actually ask someone that has one of these backpackers.

I used to have a Pride Go-Go and finally decided it was too small and lightweight. Its battery was also not enough for a full-time user. I like my current scooter. It is a Pacesaver Plus III Jr., made in Kansas City, Ks. It is medium sized, but still has a tight turning radius. The two U-1 batteries give me power to spare, even on inclines or all-day touring, like Epcot. I also love the 10-inch tires and padded seat, which give a much more comfortable ride than by old Go-Go.

My SilverStar (a Pride company) Backpacker scooter lift puts my scooter inside my mini-van, out of the weather and interested strangers. I have a power inverter plugged in to my cigarette lighter, and I plug my scooter charger into that while driving. That works well to keep the scooter charged.

DocPlusIIIje.jpg

BackpackerLift.jpg

Ray, that is exactly what the celebrity and sunrunner scooters look like that I have. I had taken both mirrors off,, forgot about mentioning them..Thanks for finding pictures of them.

As asked, here is some information and photos.

When I bought my Ford Edge, at the same time I bought a Pride Celebrity-X and a Harmar AL-100 lift.

The ECV and lift together came to $3,800. $1,950 for the ECV, $1,450 for the lift, and $400 for the Swing-Away for the lift. These prices included installation. The swing-away is necessary to allow the back door of the Edge to open and toi allow access to the rear area.

Note that most automobile manufacturers will give a direct rebate of up to $1,000 for the installation of mobility equipment on a new vehicle. This is done after the purchase and I received the $1,000 directly from Ford, so it actually lowered my costs by $1,000.

First photo shows the lift in the up position without the ECV and the swing-away is partially open.

lift.jpg

Note the safety pin hanging down which is normally in place, and the red handle is pulled to release the swing-away. When closed it locks firmly into place and the safety pin is put in. You cannot safely open the swing away when the ECV is on the lift as it could cause a catastrophic failure of the hinge.

Next photo shows the lift a little ways off the floor.

lift_down.jpg

Note here, and on the earlier photo, the open space between the base and the bar. The wheels go into this space so they are effectively clamped in.

The last photo is with the lift all the way up.

lift_up.jpg

Here you can see the pressure clamp which firmly pushes against the base of the ECV. This is controlled by a slip-clutch so you raise it all the way and it will exert enough force that the ECV will not move. Since the wheels are in the well and there is very firm pressure it is not going anywhere.

And I do have a cover that will fir over the ECV when it is on the lift to protect it from weather.

Hi, Chesire Figment. Thank you for all the photos and explanations.

That sounds like what I should do if I ever decide to buy a new scooter, car and lift.

Hopefully, I will be able to find a used car some day like your Ford Edge.

I just wanted to take the time to say thank you for all of the information that you provide on these boards for everyone. I really appreciate it and I know that it is all volunteer time that you give. Thank you again. I hope to see you sometime at WDW.

As asked, here is some information and photos.

When I bought my Ford Edge, at the same time I bought a Pride Celebrity-X and a Harmar AL-100 lift.

The ECV and lift together came to $3,800. $1,950 for the ECV, $1,450 for the lift, and $400 for the Swing-Away for the lift. These prices included installation. The swing-away is necessary to allow the back door of the Edge to open and toi allow access to the rear area.

Note that most automobile manufacturers will give a direct rebate of up to $1,000 for the installation of mobility equipment on a new vehicle. This is done after the purchase and I received the $1,000 directly from Ford, so it actually lowered my costs by $1,000.

First photo shows the lift in the up position without the ECV and the swing-away is partially open.

lift.jpg

Note the safety pin hanging down which is normally in place, and the red handle is pulled to release the swing-away. When closed it locks firmly into place and the safety pin is put in. You cannot safely open the swing away when the ECV is on the lift as it could cause a catastrophic failure of the hinge.

Next photo shows the lift a little ways off the floor.

lift_down.jpg

Note here, and on the earlier photo, the open space between the base and the bar. The wheels go into this space so they are effectively clamped in.

The last photo is with the lift all the way up.

lift_up.jpg

Here you can see the pressure clamp which firmly pushes against the base of the ECV. This is controlled by a slip-clutch so you raise it all the way and it will exert enough force that the ECV will not move. Since the wheels are in the well and there is very firm pressure it is not going anywhere.

And I do have a cover that will fir over the ECV when it is on the lift to protect it from weather.

Wow Ray! Thank you so much for all the detailed information! I saved the manual and printed out everything you posted. I'm feeling much better about renting the scooter while off-property now! :) :flower3:

Hi, Sue. You have an excellent, informative site here. I really like all of the F.A.Q.'s sticky information at the top of the board page, too. It looks like so much hard work and loving care that was taken to put it together just to help everyone. And it seems like you put so much of your voluntary time into this. I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to you. And to thank all of the other moderators and posters that contribute such great information and opinions and volunteer their information, time, and caring.
Thanks for the thanks:)

THis picture looks a lot like the one I saw.
I think it’s really cool that they have come up with so many different ways for people to carry mobility devices so that you don’t have to lift them up.
mobility-carrier-12.jpg

Also, I think looking at the owner’s manual is a very good idea before buying. Sometimes you can find out things that would make your decision much easier.

AND - one reminder to future readers - some of the pictures may not be visible in the future. As companies change photos or parts of their websites, some of the links get ‘broken’ and no longer work. So, if you don’t see pictures, that might be why.

Thanks, Cheshire Fgment, for the reminder about the mobility assistance money. :thumbsup2

If someone wants to spend lots of money, you can go with our ‘ride’ - a Braun Entervan - Chrysler version. We need it because DD has a power wheelchair and can’t really get out.
Braun also makes some lifts and has been making lifting equipment for many years - you can see scooter lifts in action on this site.

I have been eyeing that SilverStar Backpacker lift for a very long time.
Can I ask you what kind of mini van that you have?
It is so nice to be able to actually ask someone that has one of these backpackers.

I have a Chrysler Town & Country (bought used). Before that, the lift was in a Dodge Caravan. I got the Town & Country because it has push-button side and rear doors. I have balance issues, and opening and closing the tailgate was hard for me. Especially when the tailgate was wet from snow or rain. I thought that having a crane-type lift might also be problematic for me physically. And an outside lift with a hitch connection would have worked, but again my issues -- I would have to tie it down, and cover it and, also, I don't have a garage, so it would sit outside in the weather. I can't physically get the scooter into the house.

The lift was not cheap - it cost just under $2,000 installed. When I received my SS Disability Award, I had back payments coming to me, and I used some of that to get the equipment. The scooter and lift have opened up my life completely to the outside world. My husband used to help me out with my disability, but he recently passed away. I can handle the equipment completely by myself. Push button car door, push button lift, it's great. :)

I love my Town & Country. Really, it's my third Chrysler mini-van. They drive like very comfortable cars to me, and I like being seated up high. There's plenty of room for people or a ton of stuff from the stores. Chrysler has been making its 6-cylinder engine for years and it's very reliable. Fuel efficient but plenty of power for me. I don't feel like I am driving something big, like I used to feel when I drove my parents' station wagon years ago. The mini-van works for me and the scooter very well.

As asked, here is some information and photos. When I bought my Ford Edge, at the same time I bought a Pride Celebrity-X and a Harmar AL-100 lift.

Cheshire Figment, the one thing you didn't tell us is how your scooter came to be purple and orange. I know those aren't factory colors!

Thanks for the info. We will be buying one in the future. I'll keep this thread for when the time comes.

One additional comment and one response.

If you are going to have any outside storage, such as my lift, make sure that the vehicle you will be using has a factory installed trailer hitch. This is usually referred to as a tow package. Normally the allowable tongue weight is 10% of the tow capacity. If the hitch is not factory installed it may not have the same strength. Also, when you get the tow package it tends to give a beefed up electrical system and cooling system.

And as far as the colors, I went to a very good body shop a couple of years ago and got an estimate. When I go my stimulous check I decided to help stimulate the economy by customizing the scooter. I only used about half the check. I found out this particular body shop that I used is contracted with both GEICO and USAA for one-stop repairs (they each have adjusters located right in the building and there is also an Enterprise Car rental there) so I figured they had to be good. I brought along a plush Figment for color matching and later put the Cheshire Cat decals on both sides.

I have several scooters I need two one lite one the take in the car and one with suspension for outdoors when we do antique shows. I am on a very limited budget it took 2 1/2 years to get disability and we ended up in a very deep hole climbing out slowly but it's a long process.

My main scooter is a very old Pace Saver Plus it's ugly but works great I bought it for $50 then spent $120 on batteries. I have owned it for 3 years it's a workhorse but too heavy to take in the car a lot. It just keeps going I love it but it's a bumpy ride out doors and for me it's a problem. I just bought a very old 1988 Sterling for $50 it has great suspension so it's going to help if I can get it working. It uses huge batteries and has a 36 mile range I need to make sure it works before I spend $400 on the batteries

My other scooter I got from a friend Its a pride sonic I love it for local use it's small enough with help I can load it into the car I can take it to stores to see my mom in the nursing home etc but it died on me and not sure how much it will cost to fix they want $75 just to check it.

My last scooter is a Shoprider Echo 3 I got it at Savers for $39.99 the forward reverse lever was missing but it was easy to make one. This would be the perfect scooter it I wasn't way over the weight limit. It's only 72 pounds the heaviest piece is only 32 pounds so I can load it all by myself. I use it all the time on flat surfaces like stores and the nursing home.

My dream scooter is the Travelscoot 35 pounds total with the lithium ion battery and folds up very small some day I will get one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter