WOW!! A Fabulous Fall Trip to HRH Sept-Oct '18-& Live TR's 8/5-8/7, 9/7-9/9!!Plus Bonus TR 11/1-11/3

Refrigerator stocked with bottled water and sodas:

GetAttachmentThumbnail

thumbnail_IMG_2120.jpg

Assorted cereals:
thumbnail_IMG_2121.jpg
GetAttachmentThumbnail

There is also coffee, tea, milk, and orange juice.

Last edited:

So, I added on a special experience to our EPCOT F&W day. I saw availability for one of the Beverage seminars and thought, why not?? We've never done one of these before. Usually, the boys are with us and Troy just turned 21, so we weren't interested in splitting up to do a beverage seminar in the past. We have done a culinary demonstration before with the four of us and really enjoyed it! There is a calendar on the Disney website to see who is presenting the seminar and what you are tasting that day. Ours is wine tasting from the Cristom Winery in OR. The seminar is at 11:15 am- sounds a little early for wine tasting, but it's vacation, right?::yes::

Pop the cork on a few new skills while you sample select libations at the 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival!
“Glass” in Session

Sample select adult beverages at a 45-minute seminar that puts you in touch with your inner wine, beer or spirit connoisseur. Each day, sommeliers and other beverage experts will share their extensive knowledge at these deliciously informative presentations.

General Event Details

• Festival Center Stage
  • Daily throughout the Festival
  • $17 per Guest, plus tax
Event Times in 2018

• Monday through Thursday: 11:15 AM and 2:30 PM
  • Friday and select Saturdays: 11:15 AM and 4:30 PM
  • Sunday: 4:30 PM

Festival Welcome Center Events
Many of these events, including seminars and demonstrations, take place in the Festival Welcome Center in Epcot’s Future World. Some exhibits and events will take place in other parts of the the park.

NEW for 2018! The Festival Center will feature a Mimosa Bar, wine and local beers, select food options, and complimentary samples and seminars hosted by Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company!

A Mimosa Bar????:jumping1:

orange-mimosa-recipe.jpg

Yes, please!!:)

So, even on a relaxing vacation, there will still be a good deal of walking. A comfortable shoe is very important! I love my Crocs Patricia sandals- they are comfortable, stylish, and I can wear them all day in the parks! Recently, I've been having foot pain so I went to a podiatrist. I was diagnosed with arthritis in my big toes as well as bone spurs. He recommended good walking shoes with support. So, I've been on a mission to find comfortable yet stylish sandals that won't break the bank!

I found Vionic shoes. They are podiatrist designed- they provide your foot natural alignment and support! And thanks to Amazon, they are budget friendly! These arrived yesterday and they are cute AND comfy!:thumbsup2

Vionic Ossa - Women's Double Strap Supportive Slide Sandal

thumbnail_IMG_2520.jpg

Hi Patty:wave2:... I am just catching up now:thumbsup2... I loved your last PTR and report!

This trip sounds awesome. We have never been to F&W before but I am hoping in the next couple of years to be able to go to all these events. I think the beverage seminars look really cool. The food to choose from looks great! I don't know how I would choose. We are foodies over here:D

Since staying at PBH club level I can't see going without it. It will be a little harder to justify the cost if it is just Brian and I but I probably will anyway. I love the convenience. We love the Hard Rock and agree it is a great resort. It was the only one we stayed at for a couple of years. We started venturing to others by family vote. I think you really can't go wrong at Universal with any of them. I am so excited to read more....

I love that you posted the pic of these sandals. I am going to look into them now. I have problems with my feet and would love to have something like these (cute and stylish) to wear. Thanks so much:):)

I loved the pics of your fur babies. They are awesome and beautiful. As you know I am the crazy cat lady here too. Well my people call us the crazy cat family:P... We have 14 rescues and they are a mix of strays and shelter cats. I would love to post pics or send them to you one day. I wouldn't want to litter threads with my :cat: pics. I am still feeding the two little ones from next door. I am not sure what these people are doing. Brian is going to head over there this weekend. I told him to be nice though. We get very protective of pets who aren't being taken care of. I know all the pet lovers understand:thumbsup2

I am going to try some places in Orlando this summer since we our doing a time share and the Sea World parks! I like to hear about different places. I agree Gina is awesome for reporting them.

I love the pics with monykalyn. I can't wait till I can time some trips to have DIS meet ups! It looks like so much fun!!!

Thanks again for all your kind and thoughtful posts!!

Hi Patty:wave2:... I am just catching up now:thumbsup2... I loved your last PTR and report!

This trip sounds awesome. We have never been to F&W before but I am hoping in the next couple of years to be able to go to all these events. I think the beverage seminars look really cool. The food to choose from looks great! I don't know how I would choose. We are foodies over here:D

Since staying at PBH club level I can't see going without it. It will be a little harder to justify the cost if it is just Brian and I but I probably will anyway. I love the convenience. We love the Hard Rock and agree it is a great resort. It was the only one we stayed at for a couple of years. We started venturing to others by family vote. I think you really can't go wrong at Universal with any of them. I am so excited to read more....

I love that you posted the pic of these sandals. I am going to look into them now. I have problems with my feet and would love to have something like these (cute and stylish) to wear. Thanks so much:):)

I loved the pics of your fur babies. They are awesome and beautiful. As you know I am the crazy cat lady here too. Well my people call us the crazy cat family:P... We have 14 rescues and they are a mix of strays and shelter cats. I would love to post pics or send them to you one day. I wouldn't want to litter threads with my :cat: pics. I am still feeding the two little ones from next door. I am not sure what these people are doing. Brian is going to head over there this weekend. I told him to be nice though. We get very protective of pets who aren't being taken care of. I know all the pet lovers understand:thumbsup2

I am going to try some places in Orlando this summer since we our doing a time share and the Sea World parks! I like to hear about different places. I agree Gina is awesome for reporting them.

I love the pics with monykalyn. I can't wait till I can time some trips to have DIS meet ups! It looks like so much fun!!!

Thanks again for all your kind and thoughtful posts!!

Thanks for reading along, Bobbie!:) You are so sweet!:) You HAVE to PM me pictures of your whole cat clan!!:cat: Yep- we've acquired a few over the years that "found" us because their owners lost interest in them! Sad some people think pets are disposable!

We certainly get our money's worth on club level! Yep-still plan to do so even when it's just Joe and I. Even for 2 people, I think we will save money!! - and get a little pampered, too!:goodvibes

I love the sandals! I've been wearing them in the house and you can feel the arch support! I'm shopping for a couple more pairs now!!:thumbsup2 I'll report back with more pictures!::yes::

And I hope our trips align soon! I would so love to meet up with you and your amazing family!:)

So, in addition to a good walking shoe, I was looking for something more dressy - for work or dinner out. Vionic makes a nice wedge - the Vionic Lovell Wedge: I just ordered this one, too- in black. It comes in tan as well! I'm having fun shopping! :cool1: But it's not real shopping- it's for medical therapy, right?:rolleyes1

lovell_black_silo.jpg

So, I checked another item off of our vacation to do list. I have our airport transportation booked with Tony Hinds!:thumbsup2 Tony is a special man, indeed! His service includes pickup at the airport, assistance with luggage, and private van service to your hotel. His van holds up to 10 people and he charges a flat fee- not per person. I've seen a car seat in his van as well. He will make a complimentary grocery stop, too. He provides efficient, friendly service that is fairly priced! We have used him 3 times previously and have been very satisfied! :)

When I e-mailed him, he responded within the hour! What better way to start out our vacation that includes a stay at our most favorite hotel where we are treated like family than by being picked up at the airport by someone else that is like family? :goodvibes

I refer a lot of peeps to use Tony and glad you tried him

Once you use his company, you keep using him as he is very dependable and nice

Last year when his wife passed I figure I would have one of his drivers do my transportation

Nope. Tony did my 3 ride and it was the third day after he lost his wife

No matter what happens in his life, he is concerned for his riders and never cancels anyone out

He is a tremendously kind person
His riders are like his family and treats them as such.

I refer a lot of peeps to use Tony and glad you tried him

Once you use his company, you keep using him as he is very dependable and nice

Last year when his wife passed I figure I would have one of his drivers do my transportation

Nope. Tony did my 3 ride and it was the third day after he lost his wife

No matter what happens in his life, he is concerned for his riders and never cancels anyone out

He is a tremendously kind person
His riders are like his family and treats them as such.

Wow- Tony was putting his customers first so soon after losing his dear wife.

We all feel very blessed to know such a wonderful man!:)

We will need a car for at least one day - when we visit EPCOT. We usually use National for car rentals- but Avis is the rental company at the Hard Rock hotel. So, we'll use Avis for the day.

Using an AARP discount code, our rate(prepaid) for the day is $37.12 including all taxes- not too bad!:thumbsup2

I love vionic shoes! They definitely offer lots of support and are comfortable. I find that they are a little wide for me, so I have to be careful which ones I get.

Thats a great rate for Avis! We are using Avis from the airport to RPR and did not get that low of a rate. I might have to keep looking!

We are so close now! Im starting to get really excited!

I love vionic shoes! They definitely offer lots of support and are comfortable. I find that they are a little wide for me, so I have to be careful which ones I get.

Thats a great rate for Avis! We are using Avis from the airport to RPR and did not get that low of a rate. I might have to keep looking!

We are so close now! Im starting to get really excited!

I really like the Vionic shoes, too!! So glad I found them!:thumbsup2

I was very happy with the Avis rate. I have noticed that sometimes when you reserve at the airport it can be more than renting offsite so maybe that's it. I'm going to do the prepaid rate so that saves us some $$, too!

We're all getting close to our fall trips!:cool1:

Speaking of the Vionic shoes, I bought one more pair! They arrived today and are very comfy and really cute!! This is the Samoa slide:

So, I should have a good supply of comfortable, supportive, & stylish shoes for the trip!:thumbsup2

51iKuAGSCWL._UX500_.jpg

Oh! I love those shoes! So cute!!

EDT- the more shoes you post - the more I am tempted to buy more shoes! ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter