WOW!! A Fabulous Fall Trip to HRH Sept-Oct '18-& Live TR's 8/5-8/7, 9/7-9/9!!Plus Bonus TR 11/1-11/3

Cafe La Bamba is open all evening. Even after the hot food buffet closes (about 11pm), the desserts, soft drinks, coffee & tea are still available. We did return later that evening for a break.:thumbsup2 It's a nice, cool place to chat with your group about the tour and plan your next stops. Also, it's a great spot for a restroom break!(no crowds!)

So, our tour group included myself, Joe, Kyle, Erin, Troy as well as 3 of Troy's friends and 2 family friends! We started touring about 6:30 pm and ended at 1:40 am. We did SO MUCH!!

- saw all of the houses and repeated one- Stranger Things

- attended the Academy of Villains show (The tour groups get reserved seating for this)

- went through all of the scare zones

- rode 5 of the 6 rides open: Gringotts (twice!!), Men in Black, Transformers, Fast & Furious, The Mummy(twice!!) For the rides, we bypassed all pre-shows and proceeded directly to the loading area. We could also choose which rows on the ride vehicles we wanted for our group. We skipped Rip Ride Rockit because no one was interested in riding.

- took a break at Cafe La Bamba for refreshments

- took a break at Lombard's- one of the private bar areas reserved for tour groups

- shopped at the HHN souvenir store

WOW!! :cool1:

We all had an amazing time! Our tour guide, Seth, was simply wonderful! We were all so exhausted but had a truly memorable evening!:goodvibes

Our calendars are marked for 2019!party:

Sounds like you had a fantastic tour !

It was a great night! :thumbsup2

But......this HHN tour was not our last for the trip! As you know, we had a very special tour at the end of our trip, too!!:goodvibes

For 2 horror movie wimps, Joe and I are really getting addicted to HHN!! It's really so much more than just haunted houses. Spending the evening with family and special friends as well as meeting new friends makes for a truly memorable experience! I mean, where else can you bond over comparing how many times Michael Myers was trying to stab you???:rotfl2:

So our touring ended at 1:40 am. Seth, our tour guide, walked us to the park exit and we exited through the VIP building. We all thanked him so much for a wonderful evening!!:goodvibes

This is where staying at the HRH is priceless. In less than 10 minutes, we walked back to the hotel and were in our room!!:thumbsup2

The next morning, Joe and I dragged our tired selves down to the lounge to get some breakfast before they stopped serving at 10:00 am. Troy was still sleeping- and I texted Kyle and Erin that I had some breakfast for them, too!

Sunday afternoon was a lazy one! Kyle and Erin decided to enjoy a little pool time- Joe, Troy, and I just relaxed in the lounge. They enjoyed lunch poolside, while the three of us got some lunch from Emack & Bolio's and brought it up to the lounge! I don't have any pictures of lunch (too tired still, I guess!). Troy had mozzarella sticks, Joe had a turkey sub, and I had a tuna sub. I love relaxing in the lounge in the afternoon!

thumbnail_IMG_2882.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2858.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2857.jpg

We really like the updates they made to the lounge- adding some counter space and seating!

thumbnail_IMG_2847.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2848.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2849.jpg

Great artwork everywhere!!

thumbnail_IMG_2850.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2851.jpg

Absolutely loving your trip report! We will be there in 1 month from today! I can't wait!

Thanks Jeanelle!!:)

It's getting so close for you now!!:cool1:

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip and the HRH!!:thumbsup2

Sadly, the kids would have to leave soon!:sad1: Joe and I were so happy that we could all be together for the weekend!! :) It's nice that, even as adults, the kids are happy to spend time with their parents!

Kyle & Erin had a three hour drive back to Ft. Lauderdale; Troy had a late evening flight back home.

We all met up for appetizers and drinks in the lounge. The staff were very happy to see the kids and be able to say goodbye! While I have a picture of the menu for the evening, I couldn't find any pictures of the food. Then I remembered that, between being busy talking to the kids, we met the nicest family in the lounge. We were so busy talking- and then Joe and I had to leave to drive Troy to the airport- that I forgot the pictures!

So, the people in the lounge are always so friendly and nice! As I offered the lady behind me an empanada, she asked what it was so I explained. She said "Oh, they look like pierogi!" She said it with a Polish accent! Joe and I are Polish, so I immediately struck up a conversation with her. We spent the next hour chatting with her , her husband, and daughter. Had the BEST TIME!! :thumbsup2 We met them later for dessert as well as the next day! Before they left, we exchanged contact information! Lovely new friends!!::yes:: WOW! What a great evening!!:)

The menu for the evening:

thumbnail_IMG_2973.jpg

We have some nice souvenirs from HHN.

The lounge had a supply of maps so that you could acclimate yourself to the location of the houses and scare zones!:thumbsup2

thumbnail_IMG_3678.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3679.jpg

Kyle & Erin bought specialty drinks at Cafe La Bamba. Nice souvenir cup!!

I always have extra ziploc bags in my backpack. We rinsed out the cups, put them in the ziplocs and I carried them in my backpack. Much easier than carrying a sticky cup in your hands all night through the houses! :thumbsup2

thumbnail_IMG_3675.jpg

Kyle purchased a Stranger Things t- shirt and I got a passholder pin. My pin ended up with Kyle's t-shirt so I don't have it but I found this picture of the AP pin:

s-l300.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter