WOW!! A Fabulous Fall Trip to HRH Sept-Oct '18-& Live TR's 8/5-8/7, 9/7-9/9!!Plus Bonus TR 11/1-11/3

REAL TIME INTERRUPTION!!

We went to our local Six Flags park last night for Frightfest!!! We had a great time!! :goodvibes Troy is working there during the fall season on technical for the scare zones and haunted houses! He would love to one day be working at HHN!!:thumbsup2

The main difference about a fall event in Orlando vs a fall event in Buffalo, NY is the weather! No worries about heat and humidity here! Yesterday was actually a nice fall day here! It was in the upper 50's and sunny. Definitely hoodie weather- but pleasant!

The park opened at 6 pm and we were there for opening. We purchased 2019 season passes which includes ALL Six Flags parks in the US! and we get free entry for the rest of 2018. It was an amazing deal!!

We paid just $57.99!! WOW!!

KEY BENEFITS OF THIS PASS
  • FREE upgrade to our exclusive GOLD level
  • FREE parking for the rest of 2018 and 2019 (regularly $20/visit)
  • FREE ticket for a friend*
  • Unlimited admission to Six Flags Darien Lake
  • Includes park admission to Fright Fest in 2018 & 2019
Here is why you should buy during our Fright Sale:
unlimitedvisits2017.png

Unlimited Visits in 2018 and 2019
We'll let you use your 2019 pass to visit for the rest of this year.

upgrade-gold.png

Free Upgrade to our Gold Level
Later on this alone will cost up to $40 more

parking2017.png

Free Parking in 2018 + 2019
Parking regularly costs $20 per visit. You get to park for free every visit.

visitallparks2017.png

Visit Every Six Flags Theme Park
Includes admission and parking at ALL Six Flags theme parks after you pick up your ID.

green-bottle-2019.png

Free Refillable Drink Bottle
Stay hydrated through 2019

bonus2017.png

Plus all of the regular benefits
These are just the Sale bonus items. You'll get the regular benefits too!

They also had a similar amazing deal on a dining plan.

For just $79.99 each:

2019 Deluxe Season Dining Pass
2019 Deluxe Season Dining Pass
Buy your Deluxe Dining Pass during our sale and get a free upgrade to our exclusive Premium level!
COMPLETE LIST OF PRODUCT BENEFITS
  • Lunch, dinner and a snack each visit
  • Valid at Darien Lake
  • Free Premium upgrade includes free Season Drink Bottle
  • Free Premium upgrade lets you eat at every Six Flags theme park
  • Multiple restaurants to choose from
  • Valid through the end of the 2018 season and all of the 2019 season
  • Wide selection of entrees, sides and snacks
  • Flexibility to replace a meal with a snack
The special drink bottle gets us unlimited FREE soft drinks!!:thumbsup2
So, we will have a lot of fun visiting our local Six Flags Park! and.... we plan to visit a few others in 2019 as well!!:cool1:

As soon as you enter the park, they have spooky fog and fun decor! They have a photographer to take a picture, too! Photos are one splurge that we do at places we visit! I think they are THE BEST souvenirs to have as momentos! So, we purchased the daily pass which gives downloads of all the pictures!:thumbsup2

24_12_3877701A.jpeg

I made a new friend!!:laughing:

thumbnail_IMG_3697.jpg

When the park opens, all the ghouls are out and roaming! It's called the Awakening!!:eek:

thumbnail_IMG_3699.jpg

Here's my favorite ghoul!! Saw him a few more times that evening in the Jungle Apocalypse haunted house! We became friends!:) or as friendly as you can get with someone who possesses a skull!:laughing:

thumbnail_IMG_3698.jpg

We had dinner - FREE with our dining plan! :thumbsup2 We've been to the park twice this fall and I think we are halfway to paying for the dining plan!

And then we had to check out the haunted houses! There is a separate charge for the haunted houses. It's $10/each house- but we purchased the unlimited entry for the evening to the 3 houses for $25/each.

The first one we went to was Jungle Apocalypse!

thumbnail_IMG_3713.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3715.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3718.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3717.jpg

The natives were definitely restless in there!! It was very fun!

We stopped to use our snack credits!! Fried dough and nachos! :thumbsup2

Then we headed to the Big Top Freak Show!

They had well-known people that perform all over the country and are in the Guinness Book of Records!

They had a sword swallower! Yikes!

Then, they had a guy who swallowed a thread, then cut it out before our eyes! I could NOT watch this!

Then, the finale was a knife thrower! Amazing!!

It was a very fun show!!:)

thumbnail_IMG_3719.jpg

Now , we went off to the final two haunted houses!

First up, Hotel Terror: 7 Deadly Sins! They let only one party at a time into the houses! The scareactors do follow you! This was a fun house! They had a lot of good animatronics, too!

The final house, Camp Scumshine was our favorite! It was so realistic as it was all outside. It was made to look like a camp and because it was dark and outside, you never knew where the scareactors would come from! We were followed many times and got a lot of good scares! And, the final scene included none other than..... a man with a chainsaw!!

We walked through the other scare zones. Fun! The Screampunk one reminded me a little of Vamp '85 at HHN!

thumbnail_IMG_3720.jpg

It started to drizzle a little and the wind picked up! Felt like a real horror movie!!

We wanted to stay for the Spooktacular laser light show, but we were getting tired and with the weather turning questionable, we headed out! Maybe another night!

Joe and I had a great time here! Obviously, HHN is the top notch Halloween event! The budgets there allow for such realism in the houses! But, we thought Darien Lake Frightfest was a fun event- pretty family friendly as well. There were many groups of teenagers and a lot of families with young children. Everyone was well-behaved and enjoyed themselves! Plus, most rides were open as well! :thumbsup2

WOW! What a wonderful night!:)

Now you have done haunts wearing shorts for hot weather and coats during cold weather....all in the same month

And just weeks apart..

Which weather did you like best?

Now you have done haunts wearing shorts for hot weather and coats during cold weather....all in the same month

And just weeks apart..

Which weather did you like best?

:rotfl:

Well- to us lifelong Northerners- Halloween is a time of falling leaves, cooler weather, hot apple cider.........

but..... I'm good with a tropical Halloween!!:thumbsup2

Last night as it got later and cooler and I put on my gloves:eek: I said to Joe-"Remember how at HHN a few weeks ago we couldn't wait to enter the haunted houses for a dose of air conditioning???" I miss that:sad1: - so did he!

Some people may enjoy the change of seasons, but if you live where it's always warm why do you want to change seasons???:confused3

....And now back to our regularly scheduled Trip Report!!:thumbsup2

We were up VERY early on Wednesday morning. Our plan was to leave HRH by 7 am so that we could arrive at Discovery Cove and check in by 7:30 am. We planned on using Uber to Discovery Cove.

I went onto the Uber app in the lobby. In the minute it took to go from the lobby to the valet area of the hotel, our Uber was pulling up!!! I couldn't believe how fast he was there!! Wow!! The trip cost us only $9.88!! I tipped him $5.00 as we were so happy with his service!! :)

We were so excited to add on a Discovery Cove day to our trip!! We had been twice before over the years and just love it there!! We all absolutely LOVE dolphins:love:

The special deal of $99 on Wednesdays in October for the day in Discovery Cove INCLUDING a dolphin swim was just too good to pass up!:thumbsup2

We checked in and received our dolphin swim time-9:00 am.

We had time to have breakfast and check in for the daybed we had reserved for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter