WTH is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyRita

Earning My Ears
I have been a DisUnplugged member since about 1998. Used to be very active poster under the name DisneyAnna. Went to the very first DisMeet in California (DL behind the scenes).

Just recently started reading boards again and am going to meet this weekend. And I discover a scandal involving Pete!

I’d appreciate it if someone would please consider posting a quick synopsis of what is going on. What I can gather is that:

1/ Pete is being sued by AmEx for $900,000- is there a case number? Is this true?

2/ I hear comments, rumors, gossip about Pete being abusive to employees?

3/ I’ve heard comments, gossip etc about Pete maybe being inappropriate with others.

I’m just so overwhelmed by all this. It just seems like such a shame.

I have been a DisUnplugged member since about 1998. Used to be very active poster under the name DisneyAnna. Went to the very first DisMeet in California (DL behind the scenes).

Just recently started reading boards again and am going to meet this weekend. And I discover a scandal involving Pete!

I’d appreciate it if someone would please consider posting a quick synopsis of what is going on. What I can gather is that:

1/ Pete is being sued by AmEx for $900,000- is there a case number? Is this true?

3/ I’ve heard comments, gossip etc about Pete maybe being inappropriate with others.

You can search the Orange County public records for the lawsuit info to verify.

You actually have gleaned most of it. Just take your #3 and multiply by 10. “Inappropriate” isn’t strong enough and words that are strong enough are probably inappropriate on a community board that has no age-related rating such as Mature Audiences Only.

There's another forum here that we cant really name, but you may be able to figure it out. The people go into detail there. Others have taken to their own socials to voice other things.

Not just "others" but young adult male employees in "extremely personal" relationships, let's say to keep it PG-13, that in at least one case allegedly involved coercion.

The two personal accounts on That Website That Shan't Be Named Here include emails from Pete.

Last edited:
The lawsuit is really the minor part of this story. Financial issues are far less damaging than the other stuff.
I am not trying to diminish the allegations but from an immediate business standpoint the financial issues are currently a much bigger deal. Pete is in a position where debt and legal fees could force settlement or selling of his position in the dis and/or dreams. Pete could very easily end up vastly in the money from from selling his position speculated multi millions. The big factor is paying him out would strip him of power over everything.

I am not trying to diminish the allegations but from an immediate business standpoint the financial issues are currently a much bigger deal. Pete is in a position where debt and legal fees could force settlement or selling of his position in the dis and/or dreams. Pete could very easily end up vastly in the money from from selling his position speculated multi millions. The big factor is paying him out would strip him of power over everything.
I think the abuse is far more damaging from a reputation standpoint than the debt. That's what I was saying. I believe the lawsuit came out months ago and yet we just heard about it a few days ago when the other stuff surfaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter