WW treats vs. Family treats

geetey

Queen of the Smilies
Just curious how everyone approaches this.

I am doing WW and will buy Slim A Bears on occasion. I have been buying ice cream sandwiches for the rest of the family when I get my treats. Then I started thinking... if the Slim A Bears are better for me, are they better for the kids? What do you do? Buy 'regular' ice cream for them? I really want whatever is healthiest for the entire family, but on treats, I am stumped! Help!!

In regards to ice cream novelty items ie: slim a bears etc - the kids and hubby eat what I buy and thats the lowfat stuff.:D

That is so funny that you started this thread, because just yesterday, after reading the low snacks thread, I saw that Klondike bars were $2.00 off. So I bought myself the low sugar, low fat kind. I picked up the cookies and cream regulars for the boys. (Actually I should go back today and get more before the sale ends.)

I usually feed the kids healthy snacks but have no problem with them indulging in higher fat snacks as they are very active and thin. Actually, the 9 year old could really use a little extra body fat LOL. Especially now, 'cause they always grow a couple of inches in the summer. What I try to avoid for them is the stuff with asparatame and other "unknown" substitutes.

Next time I go food shopping Im buying whats good for everyone. We can all afford to loose quite a bit of weight and if that's what's in the house, oh well.
I was thinking that I needed to buy DS different things for school lunches, etc. But he's not playing a sport this season so I have to begin watching what he eats too.
DH well if he doesnt like what's in the house he buys what he wants. And yes, dear, you too can afford to loose some weight.

I can't keep DS and DH away from my Slim-a-Bears!

I do buy regular treats for DS (cookies, ice cream bars, fruit rollups). But he will opt for fruit as often as candy.

As a very active and skinny 9 year old, I don't think the high fat hurts him. But he does a really good job eating everything, and has no qualms about eating my "diet" food right along with me.

I won't let my family eat my treats!! I buy the WW Smart Ones ice cream and they usually run close to $4.00, so everyone else can have all the treats I buy on sale and they have to leave my stuff alone! No, I'm kidding, if they want it, they can eat it!

My DH and kids are all skinny, they can eat what they like and not worry about it...but I guess if they really wanted to eat the low-fat stuff I would let them...they just haven't asked if they could eat them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter