YCG...2:30 p.m in July....What Was I Thinking?

roozlilone

"Por favor mantengase alejado"
Okay, I realize I'm like 3 weeks away from my VR, so I know there is not a whole lot I can do....but the reality of us choosing the YCG at 2:30 in the afternoon in the middle of July is really starting to sink in!! :eek: I know, stupid, right? What was I thinking? I should have at least picked a morning cermoney? :confused3 I plead insanity! It will either be 200 degrees in the hot glaring sun or rain, rain, rain. I should know this, I go at least 6 times a year, twice in the hot months! It rains almost everyday day in the afternoon during the summer. I don't know what I'm worried about more, the sun or the rain! :headache: At least the SBP is covered...I'm really regretting my decision. I should have picked the SBP! I guess it's too late to change, right? :confused:

Any YCG summer brides out there? What did you do or what are planning to do to help keep your guests comfortable? I bought fans, any other suggestions? :worried:

I don't have any advice, but i think you should ask if anything is available for SBP at 2:30... it never hurts to ask! Good Luck!

I don't see why not -- if it's open - TAKE IT!:confused3 It's no sweat off her back, she just has to change the location in the computer -- right?

I planned mine for 5pm, though not in July, but the end of May, as I knew it would be cooler, but it rained, just for the time of the ceremony. They do have a water station set up in the area for people to get a drink. I had program fans that I made, but as we got moved inside, they really were not necessary. You just might want to warn some people that you know will be more sensitive to the heat, like grandparents, or people with young children. Just so they can dress appropriately, however they will likely figure out that a wedding in Florida in the middle of the afternoon is gonna be hot. But try contacting your WC if you really have worries, maybe they have an opening earlier or later in the day.

I say try and get it changed if you can. Who cares what they think? Even if you can't you will know you did all you could to change things. If they can't just warn everyone! Good luck with it!

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to change it, especially if it is open. Good luck, I hope they let you change the location! :)

I planned mine for 5pm, though not in July, but the end of May, as I knew it would be cooler, but it rained, just for the time of the ceremony. They do have a water station set up in the area for people to get a drink. I had program fans that I made, but as we got moved inside, they really were not necessary. You just might want to warn some people that you know will be more sensitive to the heat, like grandparents, or people with young children. Just so they can dress appropriately, however they will likely figure out that a wedding in Florida in the middle of the afternoon is gonna be hot. But try contacting your WC if you really have worries, maybe they have an opening earlier or later in the day.

Thanks for your suggestions! I wish I could change the time, but changing the time is actually harder than the location, if that makes sense? I have my whole day planned around 2:30. My hairdresser, officiant, dinner etc. For me personally, the heat is not an issue. I have a small heater in my office all summer, I'm ALWAYS cold. But I have my Mom, mother-in-law and sister with medical issues that make them pretty sensitive to the heat so that is what I'm worried about. I'm fairly confident that if it stays at the YCG and it's too hot, my sister won't make it through the ceremony. :worried: (She was my MOH at my first wedding)

I say try and get it changed if you can. Who cares what they think? Even if you can't you will know you did all you could to change things. If they can't just warn everyone! Good luck with it!

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to change it, especially if it is open. Good luck, I hope they let you change the location! :)

Thanks! That is the kind of reassurance I need! ::yes::

Just curious? What would you guys do? I can't call/email until Monday, so I'm looking for as many opinions/suggestions as possible!

Thanks so much!!! :goodvibes

I would call on monday and see what the possibility is to change, if not an option what about a personal fan either little battery operated ones) or a hand fan to use... good luck... Hang in there!:goodvibes

I love the idea of program fans... and there are so many different styles:

fans_newheart.jpg

fanprograms2.jpg

I don't know how many guests you have but maybe you could put one of those misty-fan-thingies on every seat or even every other seat? Might not be too horribly classy, but I bet your guest would really appriciate it even more than decor!!;)

I feel stupid for even asking my WC, who switches less than a month out? Can you do that? :confused3

You can switch if the space is available...it's worth a shot!!! Give your coordinator a call on Monday morning.

I switched probably a month and a half before my ceremony (from Sunset Pointe to SBP).

I agree with you, it's probably much easier to switch locations (especially from YCG to SBP since they are so close) than it is to switch times.

Good luck with whatever you decide and keep us posted!

I feel stupid for even asking my WC, who switches less than a month out? Can you do that? :confused3

Just call them and see if it's open. I am not exaggerating when I say that our wedding was on a Monday and we changed the location on the Thursday beforehand. :rolleyes1

But i did pick the first time available (I can't remeber now - yikes!). It was plenty hot at the time of day. I too am always cold, but some of our guests were melting!

We planned the whole event in under a month. If you have a concern, call and check the availability of other venues. I can't imagine Disney would have an issue with the change! Have a wonderful VR!

I don't know how many guests you have but maybe you could put one of those misty-fan-thingies on every seat or even every other seat? Might not be too horribly classy, but I bet your guest would really appriciate it even more than decor!!;)

That is a great idea! Thanks!

You can switch if the space is available...it's worth a shot!!! Give your coordinator a call on Monday morning.

I switched probably a month and a half before my ceremony (from Sunset Pointe to SBP).

I agree with you, it's probably much easier to switch locations (especially from YCG to SBP since they are so close) than it is to switch times.

Good luck with whatever you decide and keep us posted!

Just call them and see if it's open. I am not exaggerating when I say that our wedding was on a Monday and we changed the location on the Thursday beforehand. :rolleyes1

But i did pick the first time available (I can't remeber now - yikes!). It was plenty hot at the time of day. I too am always cold, but some of our guests were melting!

We planned the whole event in under a month. If you have a concern, call and check the availability of other venues. I can't imagine Disney would have an issue with the change! Have a wonderful VR!

Thanks! That is the pep talk I needed! I knew you guys would make me feel better! I don't feel so stupid anymore! I guess it doesn't hurt to try! I'm going to call first thing tomorrow! Keep your Mickey Ears crossed! :thumbsup2

Well, instead of switching outright, could you perhaps ask your coordinator if (in the event of rain) you could use SBP as a backup location instead of an inside ballroom somewhere?

Well, instead of switching outright, could you perhaps ask your coordinator if (in the event of rain) you could use SBP as a backup location instead of an inside ballroom somewhere?

Even though SBP is more or less fully covered, if it's raining they will move you inside. Sometimes the location is a bit better than a ballroom (LIGrumpyGirl was moved to the Attic) but it's all dependent on availability.

My WC was on vacation yesterday! (of course, just my luck) :( She is suppose to be back in the office this afternoon! So hopefully I will know something today! :thumbsup2

My WC was on vacation yesterday! (of course, just my luck) :( She is suppose to be back in the office this afternoon! So hopefully I will know something today! :thumbsup2

Well even Wedding Coordinators need vacations too! :rotfl: I hope you get some good news! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter