• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yes, another dessert party thread!!

SRUAlmn

DIS Veteran
Help- quick! Is anyone on here right now?? Marion just emailed me and said the only location available for the date we want is the lower French island. I can't find the picture thread anywhere that shows all the location views. Help! I need to know ASAP if this is a good location and see some pics if you have them. THANKS :) :)

SRUAlmn said:
Help- quick! Is anyone on here right now?? Marion just emailed me and said the only location available for the date we want is the lower French island. I can't find the picture thread anywhere that shows all the location views. Help! I need to know ASAP if this is a good location and see some pics if you have them. THANKS :) :)

Click here for French Terraces.

Thanks! That is SO HELPFUL!! It looks good :)

So.... we are booked for July 12. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Now my question is who else is having one on July 12 because she said that was the only location available for a small group of 50 or less. Who do I get to share my French pavilion with????? :goodvibes :goodvibes

We had our dessert party at the Upper UK for 30 people. It was great! We chose the Old World Classics menu and added the chocolate fountain. The buffet was beautiful, but we think it would not have been perfect if we did not add the fountain.

All of opur guests said it was great and a time to remember. Would not have changed a thing..,

SRUAlmn said:
Thanks! That is SO HELPFUL!! It looks good :)

So.... we are booked for July 12. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Now my question is who else is having one on July 12 because she said that was the only location available for a small group of 50 or less. Who do I get to share my French pavilion with????? :goodvibes :goodvibes

Hey there. We are having our dessert party at the Upper French Island. ONly 2 more months to go.... They are both beautiful and you will thoroughly enjoy having your party at the lower french island. Enjoy!! :sunny:

Does anyone know where, besides calling ( :crazy2: ), where you can find out menu options and prices for a Dessert Party? A website perhaps? We don't yet have a wedding planner, and aren't 100% sure on whether we are having a WDW wedding anyways... (all I really want is this Dessert Party for the moment!!! :woohoo: )

Dessert Party Menus

For the Child in You
Florida Lemon Bars, Double Chocolate Brownies
White Chocolate Chip with Macadamia Nut Cookies and Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Chewy Rice Crispy Treats and Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares
Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Hot Tea and Lemonade

$19.50++ per person
(Based on 1 hour of service, 20-person minimum)

Old World Classics in Miniature
Pastries in Miniature to include:
Chocolate and Pistachio Cannoli
Fresh Fruit Tartlet, Vanilla Cream Filled Pastry Horns
Chocolate Éclairs, Raspberry and Cream Roulade
Strawberry Ricotta Cheesecake, Chocolate Pecan Pies

$24.50++ per person

Build your own Desserts
Freshly Baked Shortcake, Vanilla Ice Cream, Seasonal Berries and Fresh Fruits,
Fruit Sauce, Whipped Cream, White and Dark Chocolate Sauce,
Chopped Nuts, Crushed Cookies, Colorful Sprinkles and Broken Candies

$27.00++ per person

Dessert Party Menus

Deluxe
Stemware Glasses Filled with Classic Tiramisu,
English Trifle, Fresh Fruit and Berries
Pastry Selections in Miniature to include:
Fresh Fruit Tartlet, Vanilla Cream Filled Pastry Horns, Chocolate Éclairs
Chocolate and Pistachio Cannoli
Raspberry and Cream Roulade

$29.50++ per person
(Based on 1 hour of service, 30-person minimum)

Supreme
Classic Tortes to include:
Sacher, Dobos, and Chambord
Stemware Glasses Filled with Classic Tiramisu,
English Trifle, Fresh Fruit and Berries
Pastry Selections in Miniature to include:
Chocolate and Pistachio Cannoli, Fresh Fruit Tartlet
Vanilla Cream Filled Pastry Horns

$39.50++ per person
(Based on 1 Hour of service, 50-person minimum)

Cordials & Liqueurs
Select Premium Cordials, Liqueurs, Flavored Syrups and Port Wine
Served in Chocolate Liqueur Cups
1 Hour $12.00++ per person
1 ½ Hours $15.00++ per person
2 Hours $18.00++ per person
2 ½ Hours $21.00++ per person

Dessert Parties

A La Carte Dessert Party Enhancements
The Following Dessert Party Enhancements are Available

Champagne Toasts
Billed on Consumption, according to brand.
Prices range from $35.00++ per bottle and up

Bananas Foster
Bananas Sautéed with Rum Sauce
Vanilla Ice Cream
$15.00++ per person (25 person minimum)
(Add to any existing dessert party menu for $9.00 ++ per person)

Crepes Suzette
Crepes Flamed with a Grand Marnier Butter Sauce
(Add to any existing dessert party menu for $9.00++ per person)

Flaming Cherries Jubilee
With Vanilla Ice Cream
(Add to any existing dessert party menu for $9. ++ per person)

Chocolate Fondue Station
White and Dark Chocolate Fondue
Angel Food Cake, Pound Cake, Pretzels, Strawberries,
Pineapple, Honeydew, Cantaloupe and Marshmallows
(Add to any existing dessert party menu for $9.00 ++ per person)

(All the above items are based on a 25-person minimum and 1 Hour of service)

For my Dessert Party, we did Old World Classics in Miniature and it was DELICIOUS!! Everyone loved it :) Just FYI, we had 30 guests and our party was at the UK Lower Terrace. SO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snow_White said:
For my Dessert Party, we did Old World Classics in Miniature and it was DELICIOUS!! Everyone loved it :) Just FYI, we had 30 guests and our party was at the UK Lower Terrace. SO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the option we were thinking. We like the 'kid in you' one, but it just didn't seem to have enough oomf! So we thought we'd go the next step up :) Glad to know it was DELICIOUS!!

A dessert party sounds like SO much fun!! :cheer2:

What happens if it rains?? :eek:

What happens if you don't meet the 20 person minimum...? You can't have a Dessert Party? Isn't there some sort of fee you pay if you don't meet the minimum? AND, if you aren't wearing a wedding dress (... and no tuxes, fancy dresses, etc.) and pay the "viewing fee" for your guests who don't have park passes, do you still have to pay the $400 fee to get "chartered" in the back way???

:confused3

... AND can you have one if you aren't having a WDW wedding? It's not mentioned as an option anywere for people not having weddings! :guilty:

A dessert party seems like such a more reasonable way to go. Do you have to pay guest admission into the park? Does anyone know about site fees? And I'm assuming that there is no dancing? There are way too many decisions to make.

OK, this might be a stupid question, but it looks like there is only one stairway that leads through the upper French into the lower French. Does that mean that my guests will be walking through someone else's set up to get to ours? I would feel horrible! Especially if theirs looks nicer than ours :rotfl: :rotfl:

SRUAlmn said:
OK, this might be a stupid question, but it looks like there is only one stairway that leads through the upper French into the lower French. Does that mean that my guests will be walking through someone else's set up to get to ours? I would feel horrible! Especially if theirs looks nicer than ours :rotfl: :rotfl:

Access to the lower French is done through the "arm" portion (Photo number 7 ) leading to a separate stairway that you can see on the picture.

Disney will avoid having two brides in wedding attire see each other as it would cause an implosion of the Universe... :) :)

Hope that helps.

CA_Stitch said:
Disney will avoid having two brides in wedding attire see each other as it would cause an implosion of the Universe... :) :)
:rotfl: Funny...yet so true... :ssst:

Thanks! I see what you mean now in picture #7. I seriously wouldn't care, I thought it would be cool if it were a DISer :) :)

To answer an ealrlier question, if no one is wearing formal wear, then you can enter hrought the main gates with no problem. Also its only the formal guests that have to enter from backstage. So your guests can enjoy the park until your party!

We are actually doing our reception at French Island Upper. We were at the world last week for our planning session and happened to be in EPCOT when another reception was happening there. There was also a corporate party going on in French Island Lower. As far as the stairs, they did make the guests for the lower party walk down the arm section to avoid having them interrupt the wedding in the upper. I guess that also should answer one of your other questions, yes, you can do other events besides weddings in those locations - same menus, same prices.

We were also there another night (couldn't help going back) and that night there was an event in upper (not a wedding) and nothing in lower. They actually let EVERYONE use the stairs that night so that just anyone (us included) could get down to the lower section for Illuminations. They roped of the upper at the bottom of the stairs to keep people from wandering into that space. That would have been REALLY annoying if it was a wedding going on. Don't know if they would have made everyone goign to lower use the arm if it was a wedding or not. We've been given the option to "buy" the lower if no one else has an event down there the night of our wedding. Now that we've seen how they handle it, we definitely will. That'll be the best $275 I've ever spent.

The cost for the space is $275 - that includes setting up tables and chairs along with white or black linens and the view from there for Illuminations is great.

As far as paying fees for guests and using the back entrance, if your guests have park tickets that they're willing to use, and they're not in any formal attire, then they can use normal transportation and enter through the regular gates. If you only wnat to pay $12.50 for them, you have to use the private transportation and back entrace so they can keep track of you and make sure no one heads to any other areas in EPCOT since all you're paying is the Illuminations viewing fee. IF they're in formal attire, they have to use the same private trans. to avoid walking through the parks and drawing too much attention.

HOpe that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter