Yes, another dessert party thread!!

disprincessatheart said:
As far as paying fees for guests and using the back entrance, if your guests have park tickets that they're willing to use, and they're not in any formal attire, then they can use normal transportation and enter through the regular gates. If you only wnat to pay $12.50 for them, you have to use the private transportation and back entrace so they can keep track of you and make sure no one heads to any other areas in EPCOT since all you're paying is the Illuminations viewing fee. IF they're in formal attire, they have to use the same private trans. to avoid walking through the parks and drawing too much attention.
Well... is it rude to make your guests pay to attend? :guilty: ALL I WANT IS A DESSERT PARTY!!! But I can't see spending $500-something on tickets for FH's Anti-WDW family to watch something they won't appreciate, and eat desserts they will probably complain about. :sad1:

Is it rude to do a B.Y.O.T (buy your own ticket) Dessert Party??? :scratchin :idea: I'm kidding... maybe...

Does anyone knwo if there's a way to work in just a dessert party into a custom wedding? I know you're supposed to meet the food and beverage minimums per person, but I don't really want a full meal. And the Illuminations parties sound great. Also, can you have dancing at the dessert party?

you can do just a dessert party as long as you're willing to spend $100 pp on desserts and drinks.

You could do some pretty cool stuff that way though - just some ideas: you could do the mini cakes for $20 + pp, the deluxe dessert party menu plus fondue, a regular cake to cut for pictures and all, plus a killer open bar. You probably wouldn't be too far off from the $100 min.

Or, you could do appetizers and desserts plus drinks.

It could work!

Yes, you can definitely do dancing at an illuminations party. Your choices for music are limited during park hours but after the park closes you can do a dj or singer - before that it's instrumental only. We're just going to stick with the music already - we thought it might be hard for an instrumentalist to "compete" with what's already there.

I read on one of the papers from DFTW that the food and beverage minimum for the EPCOT pavilions was $19.50 per person. Of course there are several other fees and things that apply, but I think the $100 is for the locations at the resorts. I don't know, I'm kinda confused about the whole thing.

Does anyone know if you can order Slipper Desserts to be added to your dessert party? Do the desserts come from the GF Bakery or the Boardwalk Bakery? If you can, how much is it per slipper?

Thanks!!!

dznystar said:
I read on one of the papers from DFTW that the food and beverage minimum for the EPCOT pavilions was $19.50 per person. Of course there are several other fees and things that apply, but I think the $100 is for the locations at the resorts. I don't know, I'm kinda confused about the whole thing.

For Custom events there is a F&B minimum for the day ($100 for most events) and then each location may have an F&B for that area. All of the areas fit into the overall $100 min for the day. So if you used French Upper and the F&B min for that area was $19.50 per person you would be that much closer to your overal $100 per person.

dznystar said:

You are right.. there is a $19.50 minimum for those locations BUT there is an overall $100 per person minimum that must be met through Disney Fairytale Weddings so there is no way around it... you have to meet the overall minimums plus any special site minimums.

SRUAlmn said:
Does anyone know if you can order Slipper Desserts to be added to your dessert party? Do the desserts come from the GF Bakery or the Boardwalk Bakery? If you can, how much is it per slipper?

Thanks!!!

Slippers come from the Grand Floridian Bakery and they are $15.00 a piece... I have heard that you can have them for a dessert party but they will not come on the plate... just the slipper alone and I think they said the price would be the same.

Skylarr29 said:
Slippers come from the Grand Floridian Bakery and they are $15.00 a piece... I have heard that you can have them for a dessert party but they will not come on the plate... just the slipper alone and I think they said the price would be the same.

YIKES!! If we tried to have enough for each person to get one it would cost about $600 for slippers. Sorry folks, as cool as they would be, NO SLIPPERS FOR YOU!!! :rotfl:

SRUAlmn said:
YIKES!! If we tried to have enough for each person to get one it would cost about $600 for slippers. Sorry folks, as cool as they would be, NO SLIPPERS FOR YOU!!! :rotfl:

I agree lol!!

dznystar said:
Does anyone know how long the Illuminations dessert party lasts?

I was wondering the same thing. From what I have seen in other people's trip reports it looks like they start an hour before Illuminations begins and end when it ends so it looks like approx 1 1/2 - 2 hours maybe? I'd like to know for sure, though, too :)

I know Pam said that we could have a DJ after the park closed, but I don't think I really want that for only an hour or two. I'll have to call DFTW tomorrow.

Just wanted to let you know that we have the lower uk booked for our dessert party after our 10 year vow renewal on july 12th. I really wanted the French Island or Italy but only so much you can do with a smaller group--18ad/7ch/4inf. We'll have to look over and wave!:yay:

Just wanted to let you know that we have the lower uk booked for our dessert party after our 10 year vow renewal on july 12th. I really wanted the French Island or Italy but only so much you can do with a smaller group--18ad/7ch/4inf. We'll have to look over and wave!:yay:

Oh my gosh!! That's so cool that we'll have our dessert parties on the same night right across the water from each other!!! We went down to look at our spot on Monday night, and they were setting up something on the lower UK and it was so visible from the lower French. That will be fun :)

Are you already back from your planning session? How did it go? We leave Thursday afternoon for our Friday planning session. Ken is our planner and seems great so far. It will be nice to put some things together. Of course, I'm sure our heads will be spinning. We're also doing the Pirates and Princesses party on Monday for our middle boy who is turning 5 that day. He's pretty pumped to leave snowy Cleveland for sunny Florida! If you have any tips for our planning session, anything you wish you'd known or asked or brought, I'm still planning/packing so could use the help. We'll look forward to seeing you on the 12th! By the way, where are the rest of your festivities. We're at the WP at 2:30, the GF Whitehall after, then lower UK.

Lisa

Are you already back from your planning session? How did it go? We leave Thursday afternoon for our Friday planning session. Ken is our planner and seems great so far. It will be nice to put some things together. Of course, I'm sure our heads will be spinning. We're also doing the Pirates and Princesses party on Monday for our middle boy who is turning 5 that day. He's pretty pumped to leave snowy Cleveland for sunny Florida! If you have any tips for our planning session, anything you wish you'd known or asked or brought, I'm still planning/packing so could use the help. We'll look forward to seeing you on the 12th! By the way, where are the rest of your festivities. We're at the WP at 2:30, the GF Whitehall after, then lower UK.

Lisa

Hi Lisa! We just got back today. Our PS went ok. I didn't feel like we were ready or decisive at all, but they actually said we did awesome and were done 30 minutes before we were supposed to be. I would definitely suggest taking LOTS of pictures of things you like. Especially for floral and centerpieces. If you don't know everything yet (like music) it's ok. They just put TBD in your BEO. It will be cool to see you on the 12th. We'll be at the WP at 12:00, the Cali Grill for our reception, and then lower French! How fun to be able to 'share' our day together :) Good luck with your PS. Let me know how it goes and if you have any more questions before you leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter