Yes or no for D23

D23 yes or no

• Yes, I am very interested in this

• No, this is not for me

Results are only viewable after voting.
Agreed on the "too much for too little" comment. What a disappointment. I'll keep my $75 in my wallet for now.

I'm holding off for now, but will see if they offer more for the $75. DH and I were going to go to Barnes and Noble tonight to get the magazine, but were too tuckered out after a day of work! :upsidedow

I am sad to say;
a big fat NO from me.

I am very disappointed. I had to re-read to make sure I was understanding correctly. I could not believe that they actually wanted me to pay to join.

are you kidding me...get a clue Disney.

For that pen to be worth that kind of cake to me, it better have been found in Walt's hand by his nurse with a half drawn picture of Mickey Mouse under it.

:lmao:

I'm a NO as well - that's way too much money for what I'm getting.

No from me due to the exessive price for overseas members. If this additional fee wasn't there, I would probably join.

Nope for me as well. I'm not overseas but the price is essentially doubled for delivery to Canada.

Of course Disney's trying to get our money, but I figure, as a Disney enthusiast, I would be buying the magazine at the magazine stand anyway. So that's $64 dollars a year (four issues at $16). For an additional $11, it's worth the other perks.

I'm definitely tempted, especially since the convention is right here and you know I'll be there. And when you break it down, I guess the extra $11 is worth it...I'm truly torn. Is it bad I'm also being wooed by the fact that I'd be a charter member?

I'm a bit disappointed so far in what they are offering. I joined d23 primarily for 2 reasons: 1) a high quality disney magazine that costs just about what they are asking for $$, and 2) the newletter might be useful, we'll just have to see. Planning on trying it out for a year to see if we get value out of it.

I voted yes. The magazine is a big draw for me, and the surprise collectible really got my attention (I'm a Disney collecting nut whose collection has overtaken my house, ha!). It's not much more than the WDCC membership, so I'll join. If it had cost $100 as rumored, I wasn't interested. Only a $25 difference, alas, but it's the principle of it for me, heh. I'll wait to join until the next magazine comes out, since I already bought the first one.

I'll only renew, however, if the collectible this year makes it seem worth it to me. I'd be getting the magazines anyway, so an extra $11 for the other things doesn't bother me this year. If the collectible doesn't seem so good, then I'll just buy the mags individually the following year and spread out their cost that way rather than the lump sum $75 payment.

Yesterday I would have said no, but today I voted yes.

I read this about D23 and had a change of heart.....

=======================================================

"It all started a couple years ago in a warehouse in Glendale, if you can believe that! I was with the Disney Archives team, exploring their collection and what seemed like acres of boxes. Shelf after shelf overflowing with the crown jewels of Disney history – treasures rarely or never before seen and too numerous to describe here," says Steven. "My eyes and jaw hurt from being so wide open for so long, so we took a break, and there was a collective moment where we all sort of said, 'We've gotta share this stuff with people!' And that got us talking about what would eventually become D23."

Steven is quick to point out that D23 is both about celebrating Disney's storied history and the Company's future. He reveals: "I think the centerpiece of a D23 Membership is our new quarterly publication, 'Disney twenty-three.' It's an exquisite collectible in its own right, and each story plunges you into a new ocean of nostalgia from Walt Disney's early years in animation. But there's also a look forward -- from a rare tour of Pixar Studios to an exclusive first look at Tim Burton's new live-action 'Alice in Wonderland.'"

"We know Disney fans are interested in more than buying a ticket to the latest Disney film or even being at the opening day of a new Park attraction – they want to know what makes the place tick! We know this because we have the same passion and curiosity, and I think they're going to be very pleasantly surprised."
========================================================

I would LOVE to see those archives! And I'm that kind of fan that wants to know what makes the place tick. I read all kinds of Disney history books. Books about Walt, the parks, the making of the movies, all that kind of stuff. Ollie Johnston is one of my heros and I dream of doing the Adventures by Disney Anaheim tour. I'd just kill to see the those archives he is talking about and I know joining D23 isn't going to make that happen, but I don't know, when I read the above, I thought...well he has my attention and maybe I will be pleasantly surprised. So I'm going to give it a chance. We'll see if they make it worth it. I really hope so.

Although I don't *hate* or love (or even really like) the concept, I can't see spending $75 on this right now, and we are ones who would have typically thrown money at disney blindly in the past. (yes, I admit that!) Our financial resources can be better spent on many other things right now than 4glossy prints and a certificate saying I am "23"....

For those who want to join and be part of it, go for it! I probably would myself if I didn't have a mental image of Dave Ramsey in my head shaking his head at me and wagging his finger!

I had to vote for No. Before it came out and the rumors were out there it was interesting. Now that it is out, I am a little bit disappointed. I will go out and buy the magazine to look at it, but I don't know if it is worth it to get membership for 75 dollars. I may change my mind later on, but 75 dollars could be use for something on our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter