• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yes we are leaving our kids at home!A PTR update 6/22

monkey30

Dreaming of my next vacation!
Well hello there!!:cool1:

We are officially leaving our kids at home, and going to the World......again!:banana:

So to start heres the Cast.......

40027730043_zps2e8b6004.jpg

Oh ewwwwwwww..... sorry maybe not such a gross one my son says!

Ok this is me Monkey 30 aka Erin. Stay at home mom, and Air Cadet officer

Favorite Character: Hmmm I don't really have one!
Favorite Princess: Belle
Favorite Movie: Beauty and the beast, however Aladdin is a close 2nd!
Favorite Attractions: MK- POTC DHS- RRC Epcot- I don't really have one here! AK- safari!

and This is my DH, Chad. He is a supervisor at a local Pipe coating plant.
40027730028_zps4b3b9321.jpg

The one in the middle needs no introduction!

So our original plan was to get away to DLR for about 4-5 days, before my AP expires. We wanted to splurge and do a few nights at the Grand Califonian.

That all changed with free dinning, we decided to go to a moderate (have always done value) and enjoy a whole week, just the 2 of us. AGAIN!

What was that you asked, again? Well in Jan 2012 we decided to do a get away week, just the 2 of us. We have always tried to get away somewhere just us once a year, but one time we came home with a little extra present, so that plan had to be put on hold a few years! So that enters our 3 sons. yes I said 3 boys! I am very out numbered at home!

This is the oldest Ethan he is 10 going on 20! He turned 10 during our last family trip to DL
40027730055.jpg

Next up is our adorable little red! Logan is 8, and a character all his own.
40027730070.jpg

Last but not least is Carson he is our trouble maker and mexico trip surprise!
IMG_1768.jpg

They will be in this PTR more then once I am sure, and maybe a mention on the actual trip here and there! They really are a great trio of kids, and one can only imagine the fun we have!:love:

Now onto the plans!
We are taking a midnight flight to Toronto, and then onto Orlando. We will Be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter.
Doing the FD and then back home in the evening the following week! YAY!

I will continue more of our plans in a bit mom duties:laundy: call and I have to take the little one to an appt!!:rolleyes1

So now onto some plans!

Chad and I have been to WDW 4 times, I have done DLR 4 times (chad 3). We have done the rides, and the main stuff, so this time we want to concentrate on enjoying the little details and take our time through the parks.

First is the list of ADRs. With the moderate FD we have 1 CS and 1TS a day, there are a few must do places to eat. Some not to worried about!

So here is the list
Sunday

Tonys for Supper @MK, this is the day we arrive at 1pm after traveling all night, so I am thinking a nap will be in order then taking advantage of EMH there.

Monday

For breakfast we picked 1900 Park Fare @ GF. I wanted a character breakfast that was different and this seemed like a cool place, and meet maybe some more face characters.

who knows where we will end up eating lunch, depends on what park we choose to do this day! Maybe Epcot. But Dinner will be at Ohana. We loved it on the last trip. I can hardly wait!

This is us in jan 2012
DSC00367.jpg

Tuesday

This is a busy day, we were hoping to do 4 parks in 1 day, but thinking that will not happen now that we have bought tickets to MNSSHP!
Today we will eat at the Garden Grill for a little more character fun! Chip and Dale are DHs favorite ones so we are looking forward to them!

Wednesday

We have always wanted to try Kouzzinna, I love Cat Cora on the different Food netwok shows, so to eat here will be amazing!

Thursday,
We have booked and paid out of Pocket for Hoop Dee Do, we decided we needed to treat ourselves after a very long year and that we deserved it!

Friday is our last full day in the parks and we have reservations at 50's Prime time. I am still a little worried about this, as I am not sure I want my 'mom' telling me what to do! :laughing:

Saturday
We have nothing booked, but will use up any remaining CS credits and hit a park (usually DHS!) before we catch our 5pm flight home. :scared1:
[/SIZE]​

I can hardly wait to try some new food! Last trip we were into some great CS, by far my faves are Sunshine Seasons in Epcot, and Wolfgang Express in DTD.
I love the cupcakes! and will put a few different pictures from past trips throughout this PTR!

MMMMM Cupcakes!! This one was at Sunshine Seasons in 2012!
IMG_1038_zpsd3e488a6.jpg

Hi! Told ya I'd pop over here :wave:

What're the dates you'll be there? Is the MNSSHP the one on the 13th?!

Hi! Told ya I'd pop over here :wave:

What're the dates you'll be there? Is the MNSSHP the one on the 13th?!

We will be doing the one on the 10th. Hoping to be at DHS for the villian party on the 13th.

We are there at 1pm on the 8th and leave at 5pm on the 14th.

Fun trip! It's just DH and I, so we're always doing the couple thing when we're there and we love it! WDW is seriously a great place to go for kids, adults and everything in between!

It is actually really romantic to walk through the World Showcase at night and see the sights. I highly recommend making it over to Epcot for Food & Wine while you're there...many of the items can be purchased as snack credits. I think you'll love it!

Fun trip! It's just DH and I, so we're always doing the couple thing when we're there and we love it! WDW is seriously a great place to go for kids, adults and everything in between!

It is actually really romantic to walk through the World Showcase at night and see the sights. I highly recommend making it over to Epcot for Food & Wine while you're there...many of the items can be purchased as snack credits. I think you'll love it!

Thanks for joining in! We do enjoy going just the 2 of us. I have no idea how I am going to make it through all these ADRs without going... 'shhh eat your dinner, no you can't go play under the table!!

How fun! Joining in ~!
Your plans sound wonderful, boy you have some cute kiddos!:thumbsup2

Thank you! They are great kids even when they drive me insane!

So a bit of a real life update.

Things have been crazy busy lately. I had the Jamboree festival/fair thing here in town, where the cadets had a tent. So spent the weekend there, in uniform. It was fun though.

Then this week was all kinds of CRAZY! We had our final parade for the cadets on Thursday night and all the things leading up to the week getting prepped for it. Friday I spent my day with Logans grade 2 class at the local railway museum. That was a lot of fun. Then last night I did the volunteering for the soccer tournament here in town. Its really neat 120 teams come, and they play under the lights until 1am! So i am beat!

Our hot tub also came Thursday, so we are all super excited about that! It sure was nice to come home at midnight and have a soak before bed last night! :cloud9:

Carson checking it out as it was being all set up!

943141_10152876122455720_482984906_n_zpsadda48d8.jpg

Tonight is a BBQ at a fellow officers house for us staff and families. So I am attempting my fist try at corm bread! So far so good! I am going to keep on baking though!

Sunday

So really our adventure starts the night before as we take the red-eye to Toronto, have a lay over then down to Orlando. So the whole journey from the first airport to the last will be 12hrs, due to connections! This is fine for me as long as I can get ome sleep before we go, and maybe nap (ya right I don't do well on planes and such for sleep!) on a flight.

Once we land at 1pm at MCO hoping we will just jump on ME and ride to POFQ. :confused3 It can happen right?

After checkin, we are also thinking our room should be ready or close to it, even if we are a few hours early, so we can now have a nap!

After some much needed shut eye, to avoid the growly rude person that may emerge out of me, we will get ready and head to MK. We have never eaten at Tony's, but have a 7:30 ADR there, so that will give us plenty of time to rest, then hop a bus.

After having an amazing meal (probably steak for me and chicken for DH!), it will be off to do some of our favorite rides in MK. With it being EMH this day, we will have till 1am to explore!

I want another picture similar to this...

buzz_zps46f5fc54.jpg

It really is a classic! Makes me really want to do the PP+ on this trip, as I am sure we will get lots of great poses.

Monday

Well after the late night at MK, and being 2 time zones ahead we decided to have a late ADR for breakfast. Fuel for the day ahead. So we will be at GF for 1900 Park fare breakfast! I have heard both good and bad things about this but I figured there is a lot of great characters, so a great place to meet them all! Really hoping Mary Poppins will be there. You never know right!

Then after, we hadn't decided, maybe take a trip over to AK and stroll around there. Maybe get a FP for EE and get some great pictures.

DSC00227_zps7a2ef132.jpg

DSC00224_zps4a5e77d9.jpg

of course do the safari, and then the other thing we have to do is pick the gorillas nose..... I mean go see bugs life! Come on have you never wanted to get this picture? :rolleyes1

DSC00237_zps658b10c5.jpg

Another must do is Lion King of course. I have not seen this show since 2008. I may even ride Dinosaur somewhere along the way. I ment to in Jan 2012, but after riding EE 3 times in a row, I was not in the shape to even sit in the car on the way back to the resort. Apperently my body does not recover like it use to! That was the start of our AK day, so we had done RD and still were out of the park by 11am. Not my best day!

Who knows what the time will be, but we may have time to go over to either epcot, or DHS before our ADR at Ohana. We may even end up back at the resort for a swim or hot tub before dinner. Going to try and make it a bit earlier back to the resort this night as the next day will be a long one!

I'm in!

I like French Quarter, but I'm not a fan of their food court. It's so tiny and it feels like a warehouse. Riverside has a much nicer atmosphere.

I love love love Hoop-Dee-Doo! They startle me every time they slam the buckets on my plate even though I expect it. Spoiler alert?

The idea of 50s Prime Time scares me. I hate vegetables and I feel like I'd be trapped in the restaurant for the whole day because I won't eat them.

I'm in!

I like French Quarter, but I'm not a fan of their food court. It's so tiny and it feels like a warehouse. Riverside has a much nicer atmosphere.

I love love love Hoop-Dee-Doo! They startle me every time they slam the buckets on my plate even though I expect it. Spoiler alert?

The idea of 50s Prime Time scares me. I hate vegetables and I feel like I'd be trapped in the restaurant for the whole day because I won't eat them.

This is a first for us at a Mod, I am sure it will be great. Hmmmm small food court is not as good, but as long as I can have my tea and DH his coke in the morning we r good.
I love veggies, so that should be fine, it's the elbow factor!

HDDR is new for us, I am looking. Forward to and the drinks!

Thanks or joining in.

S
o this day should be full of fun. After Ohana the night before we are hoping that we get a good sleep, and can endure the long day ahead! First stop I think is DHS!

Of course we have to go here

DSC00113.jpg

Have to get FP and then ride it! YAY

Depending on when our FP is for, we may decide to head over to Star Tours, maybe these guys will be out!
IMG_6017.jpg

Look at those glasses! gotta love them!

IMG_0995_zps7b3d14a0.jpg

I am hoping then it will be time for those FP to be used at TSM

Maybe a snack along the way........ Love Starring Rolls. I had this one last time we were there I could not finish it, but it was very very yummy!:banana:
IMG_0991_zps6f801ddd.jpg

I also had this wonderful sandwich, but I am thinking that it maybe to early in the morning at this point for something that big!
IMG_0992_zpsb04de03e.jpg

So where are we heading you ask? Of course to this wonderful ride!
th_DSC00118_zpsd151f1cf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I love RnR there is nothing better then upside down in the dark with Areosmith blasting your ears! Well maybe there is but I do love this ride.

Next will be

tower_zps8c34586c.jpg

All along this we need to be searching for pictures of Hidden Mickeys, we want to keep track of them and see how many we can find. We have never really looked, so it should be fun! I have to get the hidden Mickey book for a summer read I think!

After all of this it will be time to relax do some wondering around, people watching and figuring out what we are going to do for the afternoon. We have a early ADR at Garden grill, so maybe back to the resort for a rest and swim.

Then to Garden Grill for supper! Super excited! Chads fave characters are Chip and Dale, so this Character meal is perfect.

DSC00640.jpg

He is going to hate these pictures!!LOL

NEXT is MNSSHP! so on the monorail and over to MK!We went in 2008 with my Mom, and 2 sons (#3 was not born till 2009!). Its was such a great time I really enjoyed it, and will know Mom is there with us on this trip in spirt.

Here are a few of my Favorite pictures from that party!

entrance_zpse7d5d262.jpg

boys_zps09039ed5.jpg

Man the Boys were so small!!

minnie_zps6c4381e3.jpg

horseman_zpsc1c27cc0.jpg

dancers_zps9ec81a60.jpg

Piglet_zps705a3857.jpg

So that winds up Tuesdays plans! :cheer2:

I'm here!:cool1:

Your plans look awesome! Your boys are so adorable but wow they must really keep your hands full!

We had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare in January and we really enjoyed it!

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!

I'm here!:cool1:

Your plans look awesome! Your boys are so adorable but wow they must really keep your hands full!

We had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare in January and we really enjoyed it!

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!

WELCOME!! They do keep me somewhat busy, with only 1 at home full time right now, but 2 more weeks and Summer Vacation starts.....:lovestruc then maybe this abfter awhile!:furious:

I really can not wait, totally excited.

You're going to love Garden Grill. My friends and I were having a conversation when Chip arrived. He made a motion like, "I'll wait," and stood against the wall before getting super antsy and checking his "watch". It was fun that they interact with adults, too.

Oh, and the food is tasty. Make sure you ride Living with the Land afterwards so you can see what you just ate.

You're going to love Garden Grill. My friends and I were having a conversation when Chip arrived. He made a motion like, "I'll wait," and stood against the wall before getting super antsy and checking his "watch". It was fun that they interact with adults, too.

Oh, and the food is tasty. Make sure you ride Living with the Land afterwards so you can see what you just ate.

I am excited for this one!

I do enjoy a trip through the lands! I usually do it at least once a trip.

So with everything going on in this province, all the crazy rain and flooding I figured I would pop in and give a update on what is happening in my life.

All of my family and friends are safe and dry. Not all of their homes are safe though. Flooding is still happening, and there is so much destruction.

We moved away from Calgary 5 years ago but many family and friends are still there. So we have been glued to the TV watching what is going on.

We were to do the Relay for Life there today, but it was cancelled (thank goodness) and so I decided to jump on a team here in town and Ethan and I walked for cancer research! it was a very well run event, and I can not wait to do it again next year. The person that organized this team is only 13, and did over $1000 of fund raising on her own, so incredible. I walked with her for a hour talking to her and learned that even young people can be inspiring.

Here are a few great pictures from our evening and night!

The survivors!

swalk_zpsf74da3e2.jpg

The care givers lap

caregiver_zps86c22e0c.jpg

Chad came with the other 2 boys for a visit, and Getting a ride on the train!

trainride_zps4f17df08.jpg

At Dusk - one of my favorite pictures of the night

hope_zpsde82e77c.jpg

Ethan was doing well even though its 1:30am!

ethan_zps55d9caf5.jpg

Then after many many laps Its morning!

morning_zps4057abb3.jpg

So that is how I spent my friday night. I am tired still, and sore as I am not use to doing that, even WDW didn't get me ready! Thank goodness we got a hot tub a few weeks ago, it sure was nice to soak in at noon, and well I aill be going in again when I post this!

The only other thing going on here is its my kids last week of school. I am about to have a 6th grader, 3rd grader and junior kindergardener! ACK!

The boys helped me make the teachers gifts, the flowers are pens they made. So proud of my kiddos!

photo1_zpsef340673.jpg

Ugh I'm glad you're safe in all that flooding! The destruction is horrible. Mother nature has certainly given us all a scary year.

That's awesome that the team was organized by a 13 year old! :goodvibes Relay is such a great event. I did one when I was away at college and was on the verge of tears most of the time.

Congrats on all the graduations and end-of-year fun! My brother graduated 5th grade this year also. Isn't it scary where the time is going?:crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter