• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yes we are leaving our kids at home!A PTR update 6/22

Ugh I'm glad you're safe in all that flooding! The destruction is horrible. Mother nature has certainly given us all a scary year.

That's awesome that the team was organized by a 13 year old! :goodvibes Relay is such a great event. I did one when I was away at college and was on the verge of tears most of the time.

Congrats on all the graduations and end-of-year fun! My brother graduated 5th grade this year also. Isn't it scary where the time is going?:crazy2:

Time does go way to fast!

I will add another real life update and maybe some more plans over the next week as life settles into the new summer routine!

Subbing in! Going back to read now :). All read. So far our plans don't match up. But there is still hope! We might be on the same bus somewhere as we are staying at sister resorts. We originally book pofq but we wanted the 25% off room

Subbing in! Going back to read now :). All read. So far our plans don't match up. But there is still hope! We might be on the same bus somewhere as we are staying at sister resorts. We originally book pofq but we wanted the 25% off room

We will one time have to meet up at the resort or pool! Chad and I were talking about this last night that we will have to check out riversides pool at least once!

So its SUMMER VACATION!

My kids did a great job in school. Ethan received 2 awards. One is the award of Excellence, so he achieved an excellence level all year round in all his core subjects. Plus he got top Social studies for his class!

photo7_zps806e4411.jpg

Then it was the Long weekend! YAY Canada day! We have parked our trailer at my uncles lot for the summer out at Gull Lake. :cool1:So we headed out there, in total over the weekend there was 7 kids 6 dogs and 15 adults (well maybe not all maturity wise!)

So here are some of my faves from the weekend.

DSC05697_zpsbbb6613a.jpg

DSC05703_zps09bc60bf.jpg

DSC05708_zps542eacdc.jpg

DSC05712_zps594451c3.jpg

Also Howard has a boat that was put into the water this day! YAHOO for water fun! Plus he had a new awesome tube, it seats 4 people!

DSC05720_zpsc6773f59.jpg

DSC05726_zps2bdc6385.jpg

DSC05728_zps6d17adba.jpg

DSC05729_zpse7c8b990.jpg

Kids turn on the boat!

DSC05731_zps3d0b74f7.jpg

After this nice day on the lake we were all beat, and headed back to the trailer, then the rain hit. It stayed all night but we didn't let that bring us down! We spent the night between the 2 trailers under the awnings have a great time. There may have been some jello shooters involved once the kids went to bed, and lots of margaritas!

This is what the kids were doing while it rained!

photo5_zps46c206e7.jpg

While we did this!

photo6_zpsc8ea4942.jpg

We had 2 more days at the lake, but I sadly have no pictures, my camera battery died. BOOOOO

After we came home it was stupid hot here, Tuesday was 90F but with the humidity it felt like 108F! It usually does not get that hot that quick here, and it was breaking records all over the province! So I packed the kids off and we went to the local Spray park for some cooling off!

photo4_zps910f0773.jpg

photo3_zpsd2d994a9.jpg

The last thing I will leave you with today is a cool ecard I saw on FB!

photo2_zps9f6e197d.jpg

Next a little more planning for WDW, I think Wednesday is up next and its Epcot, since we did not see much the night before!

We will one time have to meet up at the resort or pool! Chad and I were talking about this last night that we will have to check out riversides pool at least once!

Yes we will!!!! I cant wait to see riversides pool! and the pool bar ;)

Ok, I'm jumping in! I will overlap with you by a few days AND I'm a fellow Canadian, so what other reason do I need?

Wow, three boys, good for you for leaving them at home, heehee. Good for Ethan getting awards! Smart kiddo. Glad you were safe from the flooding.

We're considering MNSSHP on the 10th too, but a bit undecided since it's our last night.

Ok, I'm jumping in! I will overlap with you by a few days AND I'm a fellow Canadian, so what other reason do I need?

Wow, three boys, good for you for leaving them at home, heehee. Good for Ethan getting awards! Smart kiddo. Glad you were safe from the flooding.

We're considering MNSSHP on the 10th too, but a bit undecided since it's our last night.

Welcome!!! It will be a good time, Where are you staying? I think MNSSHP will be fun. Not sure we are going to do costumes, DH said the furthest he will go is a big eye on a green shirt and a blue hat!

Welcome!!! It will be a good time, Where are you staying? I think MNSSHP will be fun. Not sure we are going to do costumes, DH said the furthest he will go is a big eye on a green shirt and a blue hat!

We're staying at Pop. All this hot tub talk is making me sad we're not at a Mod though, haha.

Well that's not too bad of a costume! I doubt my DH would dress up either. He likes dressing up for Halloween, but I think he'd think this is 'different' somehow. His birthday is November 1st, so we usually do a big Halloween party to celebrate.

So I have been so busy this summer and the next few weeks are going to be INSANE!!!!

Well, so far we survived the 14hr drive to Vancouver Island, and the Ferry ride, then the 14hr trip back. We rented a beautiful house right on the water, with my uncle and his GF. It really was amazing. If we can we would go back to the house next year. My kids are a little strange they said they would rather do that then Disney :confused3 really not my kids!
We had left our house and driven to Calgary friday. Stayed with a friend and her family (she has 3 girls close in age to my boys!). The got up at the ungodly hour of 4:30am to start our trip to Vancouver, where we were staying with another friend for a evening.

Here are Pictures from our trip.
Logan all smiles on the way to Calgary
IMG_3223_zps4d2ef19d.jpg

Carson sleeping on the way to Vancouver.
IMG_3224_zpsd6bdb4c4.jpg

In the Rogers Pass, at the Summit, the kids said they were walking across Canada!
IMG_3233_zpse8f5b0fc.jpg

IMG_3236_zpsddd7b514.jpg

Another stop, this time in Hope BC (we did stop other places along the way!).
IMG_3242_zps1b3a7571.jpg

IMG_3245_zps29e421eb.jpg

Made it to Vancouver and hung out with some friends, Went to Red Robin for Supper, we need more of those here. Sunday was a trip to Stanley Park before catching the ferry.

IMG_3252_zps38923619.jpg

IMG_3256_zps2fc72e11.jpg

driving through Stanley Park
IMG_3260_zpsc3931912.jpg

The Lions Gate Bridge
IMG_3261_zpse71b904f.jpg
IMG_3263_zps4514c517.jpg

Boys on the Ferry
IMG_3267_zpsb1c058b8.jpg
IMG_3268_zps857497ee.jpg

Finally our new home for the next week!!

IMG_3366_zps868df53f.jpg

That is the view from the water!

Here are some more great shots! We explored the water front when we got up the next morning and the tide was out.

DSC05738_zps88bfa1c6.jpg

DSC05739_zps5a88f4c2.jpg

Ethan found a sand dollar

DSC05741_zpsb59072a1.jpg

Some Star Fish!
DSC05742_zpsbde9db4d.jpg

DSC05745_zps4e9f4ea0.jpg

Goats on a Roof in Coombs BC!

IMG_3272_zps26b402c7.jpg

Then to the Cathedral Forest, where some of these Douglas Fir trees are up to 800yrs old! It is amazing the pure size of these trees.
My boys on a Log!

IMG_3291_zps1e5c6b8f.jpg

This is me inside a tree.... It is one huge tree over the years that has hollowed out, and you can stand in it, very neat! (oh and proof I was actually on this trip!LOL)

DSC05772_zpsac256269.jpg

We had the most amazing views, and look what floated by.... DCL!

DSC05778_zpsc359e39c.jpg

IMG_3300_zps87109b5c.jpg

many days spent at the beach
DSC05798_zpsb30ab602.jpg

IMG_3346_zps5a50f5fb.jpg

Mid trip we went Mini golfing! Then for ice cream of course. I should add here, I won the game.... guess I have a decent short game??? Who knows I dont golf!

IMG_3327_zps90b114b6.jpg

IMG_3329_zps78abc97c.jpg

IMG_3335_zps442c69ae.jpg

IMG_3336_zpse05d6919.jpg

There was a sand sculpture building contest, here are a few favorites!

IMG_3363_zps0890729f.jpg
IMG_3364_zps9a0b4270.jpg

It wasn't all fun and games while here, we had a wedding to attend! The main reason for our trip west. My cousin was getting married, and the boys were so excited to attend the wedding. A first for them!
IMG_3397_zps37dece7c.jpg

Then it was to go back home the next morning.... BOOOOO

We drove home a different way, but first was the Ferry back to the mainland, and thanks to traffic, it took forever to get to our destination. A little town just outside of Jasper. It was a room we found online cheap, and it had these 3 beds in it, and then in another room 1 more bed. Nice little place, old but clean and CHEAP!
IMG_3410_zps4dd72acf.jpg

Back in Alberta!!!
IMG_3408_zps9291cd74.jpg

And that is the end of our 10 day trip!! There is a lot of other pictures..... these were just some of the fun ones on the days we were there!
IMG_3413_zps62820455.jpg

IMG_3416_zpsdea8e6ba.jpg

Looks like a really nice trip! I love the area you stayed in and I'll be headed up that way for a wedding THIS weekend. :goodvibes

The boys looked so cute dressed up for the wedding.

Looks like you had an amazing trip!!!

Canada is beautiful, ill ive seen is Niagara Falls :rotfl:

Disney is almost here!!!!!!!

Looks like a really nice trip! I love the area you stayed in and I'll be headed up that way for a wedding THIS weekend. :goodvibes

The boys looked so cute dressed up for the wedding.

It really was a great trip. The boys were all matching, and they were so cute!

Enjoy your weekend.

Looks like you had an amazing trip!!!

Canada is beautiful, ill ive seen is Niagara Falls :rotfl:

Disney is almost here!!!!!!!

It really is beautiful, even where I live, we have so much space and green, I dont think I would be anywhere else.

Yes 24 days left, I have so much to do between now and then, plus pack !AHHHHH

Wow love all the pictures! Sounds like you guys are having an awesome summer. Enjoy the rest of it! :cheer2:

I am totally lacking on this PTR!!!

Sorry everyone, things have been just so crazy here these last few weeks.

Hopefully I will find sometime before we leave for a few more updates! 12 days left!

So this is a Epcot day..... Which means EAT at my favorite Counter service!

Who knows what time we will get out of bed, might do some shopping in the am now that we are renting a car.

When we get there, it will probably around lunch time... so here are some pics of what we have had in the past.
I loved it all!!
IMG_1003_zpsbb793073.jpg

IMG_1004_zps1ada963e.jpg

IMG_1005_zpsd60d888b.jpg

We went on test track last time we were there, and will do the new one this round.

Then there will be a few character meets as w make our way around World showcase!

DSC00197_zps6763a292.jpg

and maybe consume a few drinks....

This one is the peach one from China

IMG_1006_zps645253c0.jpg

And of course the GM slushie!
IMG_1007_zps754d8c06.jpg

I am missing a picture of my ultimate drink, a pint of Strong Bow from Rose & Crown.

After all this is dinner at Kouzzina's and then maybe back for EMH at Epcot for more fun!!​

We will be at HS this day but we might go to Epcot for the EMH for a drink after our dinner at Ohana

Sounds like a fun day of eating at Epcot!

Hope you guys enjoyed your summer fun! It's almost Disney time!:banana:

Been there and back, now I have to get my schedule all together and write this TR, it was a good trip, and had fun but glad to be home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter