• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yet Another Cutback Returned!

I completely agree that the enforcement issue had little or nothing to do with its demise. I agree with AV, that if off-site guests were invading EE, WDW wouldn't be too upset with it as long as there wasn't a high level of guest complaint. On-dite guests really had no way of knowing if the family next to them was staying at the Radisson anyway. And the EE crowd levels were always just the right size to me. Seemed enough people there to make it a viable and well-liked perk, yet not crowded enough to defeat the guest purpose of using it.

In the end it was a purely finanicial decision. Matt's got the formula right. Add in a slight dose of lost revenue from upset guests (without a doubt a very non-scientific estimate) and as Matt said, adios EE.

On the Attractions board, there are several DISers who have received recent calls from CMs indicating that Disney is rethinking EE. Again, this is very preliminary but this is far better than the hardline being taken earlier that the Character Caravan was an adequate substitute for the elimination of EE.

There was in room delivery in October 2001 at the CBR. We used it a couple of times. We bought things at the parks and they were waiting in our room the next day. Maybe they stopped room delivery at CSR or other resorts before that but not at CBR.

Raidermatt Its easy to enforce your policies and alet guests to what is needed if they are going to use the perks a resort offers!!! if people are ignorant that is their problem!!!
But it was ended so disney could save money at the expense of the guest experience so they can make up for their lousy business decisions in most parts of the companies. Their has been no evidence shwon that EE was a money loser at all. But in eisner's own words he spoke of profits increasing once attendance rebounds and this is a prime example of how he plans to increase his profit at the guest experience.

Just so my wife doesnt get yelled at for my rantings that was my post above!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter