Yikes !!!

OK it seams as if I would be the only one here who loves to return once or even twice a day to the hotel and have a 20 minutes break. Although we are only 2 adults without kids, we can’t imagine being from 8:00 (with EMH) to 22:00 (in summer) in the parks without a break.

And I don’t believe you guys if you say: “We only use the room to sleep and to shower.”
So when you return from the parks you take a shower and go straight to bed? You don’t talk about what happened during the day? You don’t talk about what to do the next day? And you don’t sit on your bed, making notes for your trip report or have a look at all the lovely things you bought during the day? ;)

For me the hotels are a huge part of the whole experience. And if I can afford it I will go on staying in SL or NPBC! And if I would win the lottery I would always stay at CC at the DLH! :cloud9:

The view from your Hotel New York room … priceless! :wave2:

Thanks both :)

I guess we all have different priorities when it comes to spending our money and what on !

Like some others have said, I too would rather spend the money on character meals,souvenirs etc rather than on the accomodation .......

Money being no object ,then I would love to stay in the DH for weeks at a time :rotfl:

Thanks both :)

Money being no object ,then I would love to stay in the DH for weeks at a time :rotfl:

Me too!!!

:cheer2:

but at moment certainly cannot justify price to just sleep, shower, (OK Marcus - and have discussion about days events, plan next day and look at what bought/acquired)

But WOW Marcus what a wonderful photo. HNY is the one hotel out of the 6 which has never appealed to me but with a view like that!!!

And I don’t believe you guys if you say: “We only use the room to sleep and to shower.”
So when you return from the parks you take a shower and go straight to bed? You don’t talk about what happened during the day? You don’t talk about what to do the next day? And you don’t sit on your bed, making notes for your trip report or have a look at all the lovely things you bought during the day? ;)

Having been in the parks all day and out in the evening, we usually don't return until about midnight - at which point we are minutes away from sleep. As for making notes - no, never! Writing a trip report is fun and all that but anything I can't remember when I come back won't get told, simple as that!

As for the view - not really one for looking at the resort, I'd rather be in the resort enjoying myself. We would rather be active than contemplative!

People are different - that's life. You like spending time in hotels, we don't - nothing more to it than that! Plus I prefer the Cheyenne to all the higher priced hotels anyway, and that is after visiting and staying in one of them. People have different tastes and requirements - that's whay they have 7 different hotels! If we stayed in the SL, NY, NPB or DL it would be money wasted on a hotel we don't like as much and don't use, simple really.

we also spend a lot of time at the hotel as my DD is usually done with the parks by 3pm and needs some relaxing time before we go out again, if we stayed all day in the park we would have a very grumpy girl on our hands. we go back to the hotel, and DD will do some colouring and then we will go out in the evening for diner. I try to choose a hotel that is claim, so she can have a break from the stimulation of the park.

The DLH is overpriced, there is no denying that however it is a personal choice if you decided to stay there, I would never pay high season prices for the DLH as they are ridiculously expensive so I will stay at another hotel if I go during the school holidays.

on the other hand even though I have paid to stay at the DLH and will again, apart from the location I don't think the DLH is that much better than the HNY, The subtle Disney themeing is lovely however you don't get that much more for your money.

As for the view - not really one for looking at the resort, I'd rather be in the resort enjoying myself. We would rather be active than contemplative!

You are right Steve: Different visitors do have different tastes and Disney can satisfy us all! :rotfl:

But I have to say: The hotels are part of the resort. In every hotel you can have a completely different themeing and feeling and I just love to soak up the atmosphere of the hotels. It is the same with the different parts of the park. In every part of the park you are in a completely different environment!
And you know what: At almost every visit we leave the park for 1 or 2h and make a tour through 2 or 3 Disney hotels we are not staying in! For me the hotels are also an attraction which is worth a visit! :woohoo: :hug:
And I love to be contemplative sometimes. Don't forget you are on holiday!

And look what they offer at the Europapark: A Tipi Village with tents! I think some DISer would love to stay there! :rolleyes1

http://resort.europapark.de/index.php?id=20&lang=en

@ A small world
The HNY also never appealed to us, and it will never be my favourite Disney hotel. But they have a great pool and you really feel like you are in New York. And if you pay the supplement and have such a great view it will be an unforgettable holiday!

It might sound unbelievable, but that's basically what we do. By the time we arrive in our room, we are very tired and just crash down. If we stay onsite, we sometimes come in the hotel room between park and restaurant (this is mainly during the winter time, when the parks close early) to use the bathroom and get changed (read: put dry shoes on!) and then we're off again and don't come back until past midnight and just want to sleep.

If I take notes for a trip report, I do it while queuing...

Having been in the parks all day and out in the evening, we usually don't return until about midnight - at which point we are minutes away from sleep. As for making notes - no, never! Writing a trip report is fun and all that but anything I can't remember when I come back won't get told, simple as that!

I think we're alike.

As for the view: I stayed once at HNY, with the most beautiful view, just like on your picture. I enjoyed that view for a whole 2 minutes or so, while I got dressed in front of the window, so that I could see that view. IMO, it wasn't worth that extra money...

As for the view: I stayed once at HNY, with the most beautiful view, just like on your picture. I enjoyed that view for a whole 2 minutes or so, while I got dressed in front of the window, so that I could see that view. IMO, it wasn't worth that extra money...

Am I the only one here who loves to pay more for a great view? ;)

Don't forget all 7 Disneyhotels are very popular so there must be many quests who choose a better hotel if they can afford it!

But why does everyone get so exited when someone writes a trip report about DLH or even CC? :lmao:

But Sandra I can not understand that you didn't took the time to enjoy that view? :confused3
I stood for a whole of 60 minutes on that window and enjoyed our view! And if I now think back of this trip the first thing that comes to my mind is the view!

But I see I am the only one here who is a hotel fan! I will give it a rest now. And don’t get me wrong I love the two parks more than the hotels. But I love to spent at least some time at the hotels and at the Village too!

During the day, we enjoyed the park and the Christmas atmosphere.
During the evening, we enjoyed the restaurants.
During the night/ morning, We enjoyed the king-sized bed and each other.

Result: no time to enjoy the view :)

Now, I can really enjoy hotels with a nice view. But not when I have paid a lot of money for tickets to a theme park.
When in Austria or so, I can nejoy sitting on my balconey and looking at the mountains and the clouds and the sky changing colours in the morning and at night. But when at Disney, I'm there for a overgrown rat (excuse me, mouse) and not that much for the view. :)

ETA: And I looked outside while I got dressed. I'm sorry for those who have seen me from the outside ;)

Would you believe I have been doing numbers with this year's catalogue in order to see how much a holiday would cost at each hotel..and for some minutes I even dreamed of CC..at the DLH ( it's great to dream.!!!;) ..but reading the numbers made my cloud burst...I understand both points of view, and even for those with children.

We stayed last year the the AF at the NPCB and loved it. The whole Disney - air magic IS part of our vacation. The " Disney" perfume when you walk into the lobby... Each person is different and each of us have diff needs...knowing my DH and also my 2 DD ( 4 and 6 at the time)...I knew that the hotel would play an imortant part. It made our whole stay so relaxing...no running around and a place to relax after a cold day at the park.

Maybe when they are much older ( and when they will PAY an adult's price!!!:scared1: ) I'm sure we will think it in a different way...but until then I believe that last year's holiday was a success thanks to 1) the DIS board's help in planning and tips 2) the hotel and that we took things in a calm way...no running around like crazy...of course that's why I had planned 5 nights...( of which one day and a half was lost in the going and coming back).

Anyways...it's great to have so many choices...! :)

The first time we went to DLRP many moons ago (about 11 years I think) we stayed in the Santa Fe. It was adequate for our needs, but as our children were very young and it was a freezing cold February, somewhere closer would have been nice. Money was a big issue for us at the time though, hence choosing February to visit.

We went back in August 2002 and stayed in a family room on the Admirals Floor in Newport Bay. We chose this as it was the only on site hotel that could accommodate 5 people in one room. We were disappointed with the room, which was a bit shabby and smelled of smoke (though this was remedied by leaving the window open all of the first day). We loved the hotel though. The kids eyes lit up when we arrived at reception, and being Admiral's Floor there was no queue to check in (there is a seperate AF desk) and we had breakfast in our room each morning (except for one day when we did GMFL) which was fantastic and meant the kids could nibble while getting ready.

We are returning for four nights in July, but there were no Newport Bay family rooms available for the dates we wanted so we decided to book two room in Sequoia Lodge. It's probably for the best, as this way we have two bathrooms, so two showers, which can only be a good thing now that we are taking 3 teenagers with us!

I must confess that this time we did not even look at the prices of the Santa Fe or Cheyenne. We liked the position of the Newport Bay, the lakeside setting and considered booking two rooms there but thought we'd try another hotel, and SL is a wee bit cheaper. We did look at prices for Hotel New York but after discussion with the children we all decided that it wasn't worth the extra cost. So while we opted not to even price the cheaper hotels we also decided that the most expensive ones were a bit too dear.

We have booked Buffalo Bills show as we had a great time last time, but we are not doing any character meals. The kids are a bit old to really enjoy them and we decided not to spend the extra money on them. We will however, eat at table service restaurants every evening (definitely Blue Lagoon and we'd like to try Walt's this time). We won't buy much in the way of merchandise or souveniers though.

Everyone has to prioritise what is important to them. We don't have a holiday every year and when we do we like to stay in a fairly nice hotel, eat in nice restaurants and not feel limited with our spending money, i.e. if the kids want an ice cream they can have one. We see holidays as a big treat for all of us. Others may holiday more often but do it on a bit of a tighter budget.

I would love to stay in the Disney Hotel Castle Club one day, just me and hubby, but whether we will ever feel able to justify the cost I'm not sure.

OK it seams as if I would be the only one here who loves to return once or even twice a day to the hotel and have a 20 minutes break.

It's okay Marcus, you're not the only one! We always return to the hotel at some point during the day, and have done this both before and since we had our children. :)

But WOW Marcus what a wonderful photo. HNY is the one hotel out of the 6 which has never appealed to me but with a view like that!!!

We felt just the same, but then decided to try the HNY just because it was somewhere different. Loved it ever since!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter