Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirate's Life for We Halloween *2012* PTR has begun!

Old Chinese curse. May you live in exciting times.

Momentous moment.

Thanks for sharing to date.

That curse has hit way to often in the last decade or so I think...I look forward to a little uninteresting stuff for a while quite honestly;

So how did the dining plan work out? Did I miss the analysis?

Ok I skipped a couple of spaces for the end of the trip report so I could give the Dining Plan review without plopping it in the middle of the end of the TR so there you go enjoy.

Yay for the bonus vouchers! Very worth the bump in the long run, I'm sure. Swimming during a raging snowstorm sounds fun. (As long as you're warm and cozy on the inside!)

Swimming safe inside while watching the snow blow all around us was really cool a bonus experience at the end of our trip.

I loved your trip report!! I'm glad that your son was chosen for the Jedi Academy on your first day. That's awesome!!

Here it is almost 4 months since we arrived home and he can still show you all those moves...It was definitely one of the highlights of our trip for him.

Sherri.... I thought by now you would know your alphabet! :rotfl2:

Funny girl! Had to leave a few blank spots to finish up and put the Dining Plan at the end for Matt...so once I am done no one will understand the joke LOL

Funny girl! Had to leave a few blank spots to finish up and put the Dining Plan at the end for Matt...so once I am done no one will understand the joke LOL

I figured that is what it is... it just struck me as funny at the moment! I've seen people block pages at the front of a thread before but not the end so I had to laugh :cool1:

Sherri, I think you explained how to use them better than I have ever seen it explained. Thank you.

I figured that is what it is... it just struck me as funny at the moment! I've seen people block pages at the front of a thread before but not the end so I had to laugh :cool1:

I know but Matt has really been patient waiting for that Dining Plan stuff so I threw him a bone LOL

Sherri, I think you explained how to use them better than I have ever seen it explained. Thank you.

Thanks but I would hope it was all ready to come pouring out as it has been percolating in my head for 4 months:rotfl2:

You ladies may go back and read posts 416,417 and 418 now...I am officially DONE...4 months and 4 days after arriving home....PTR coming soon.

T
Here it is almost 4 months since we arrived home and he can still show you all those moves...It was definitely one of the highlights of our trip for him.

My first visit to the Jedi Training was at 12 years old, almost 13. I love how the Jedi Master says "Activate" and the kids activate their lightsabers. I'm now almost 16 but I still love the show.

I'm glad that you eventually made it safely home; but that sounded like a nightmare homeward bound trip!

I found it interesting reading about your dining experience and thoughts. I've never bought the Disney dining at DLR simply because we don't spend all our time in Disney and have too many nights out or away for me to even think about investigating it. So, I did not know that the restaurants in DTD are not included in the DLR dining voucher version.

When you decided to go to the World, that will be the biggest difference you'll notice. There are so many dining options; at the parks, at the resorts and in DTD that it makes it a much better equation to purchase a dining plan.

Thanks for sharing....and catch you round the boards!

princess::upsidedow

Wow, what an ending! That whole airport saga with your suburban and then the treacherous drive home -- it sounded like a movie. I'm sure you were beyond ready to just be home. Thanks again for a wonderful Trip Report!

So when can we be on the lookout for your Halloween Time PTR? popcorn::

My first visit to the Jedi Training was at 12 years old, almost 13. I love how the Jedi Master says "Activate" and the kids activate their lightsabers. I'm now almost 16 but I still love the show.

I almost think my DH liked the Jedi academy as much or more than my kiddo (who has 6 more years before he is too old at 12) He now says his dream job would be to be a stormtrooper in that show. I really enjoyed watching it too it was nicely done.

I'm glad that you eventually made it safely home; but that sounded like a nightmare homeward bound trip!

I found it interesting reading about your dining experience and thoughts. I've never bought the Disney dining at DLR simply because we don't spend all our time in Disney and have too many nights out or away for me to even think about investigating it. So, I did not know that the restaurants in DTD are not included in the DLR dining voucher version.

When you decided to go to the World, that will be the biggest difference you'll notice. There are so many dining options; at the parks, at the resorts and in DTD that it makes it a much better equation to purchase a dining plan.

Thanks for sharing....and catch you round the boards!

princess::upsidedow

I have already been dipping my feet in on the other side of the boards and there are so many dining choices and hotel choices it makes my head spin! It is an uberplanners dream over in the World for sure!

Wow, what an ending! That whole airport saga with your suburban and then the treacherous drive home -- it sounded like a movie. I'm sure you were beyond ready to just be home. Thanks again for a wonderful Trip Report!

So when can we be on the lookout for your Halloween Time PTR? popcorn::

I wish it HAD been a movie! Then I would have been home curled up on my couch watching it. It was a horrible ride home but I dont think staying another night in Billlings would have made it any better and I was so ready to be home. There were times on that trip that I thought we would never make it.

I have been thinking of late maybe instead of painting the Suburban Magenta I should just get me a Disney Antenna Topper...the antenna was still sticking up out of the snow.

I need to re-configure post one and then PTR here we come!

I almost think my DH liked the Jedi academy as much or more than my kiddo (who has 6 more years before he is too old at 12) He now says his dream job would be to be a stormtrooper in that show. I really enjoyed watching it too it was nicely done.

That's cool. I could be one of the assistants. In fact, the last time I went, I went to the last show of the day. The Jedi Master and the assistants were heading backstage when the one of the helpers looked right in my eyes and said "May the Force Be With You".

popcorn:: Waiting for the PTR to begin!!!

:sad2: Still disappointed our trips won't be overlapping......bummer!!!

OK OK I'm starting...geez it's tough to have so many fans...what a world! I made some changes to the first post if any would like to mosey over there and take a peek...

So pop your popcorn and put it in one of your collectible popcorn tubs from DL...(Our current favorite one to USE is the NBC one we got last christmas the Mickey one is full of cookies!)
Grab your beverage of choice adult or otherwise and snuggle up in your comfy chair with a laptop (or the awkward desk chair at your desktop if need be) and don't forget to put on your seatbelt cause with my family along it is apt to be a bumpy ride.

I've been mulling over TR names and here are some of the possibilities....

Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for we...
Pirate ships and DCA do overs...
Why can't we wear our pirate swords & pistols at DL?
Riding Pirates as Pirates...
Halloween in Colton's World
Journey to the Pirate's Lair...
In search of Capt Jack
The Buccaneer Bailey's go Boo!
Hunting for Pirate Gold at DLR
Our first APs the perfect treasure...

Input is needed...must keep the fans happy after all...what do you love :lovestruc what do you hate :sad2: what makes you go huh?:confused3 What scares you a little :eek: or a lot :scared1: inquiring minds want to know...

Next up introducing the Cast of Characters for those that are new to this Epic Tale....and some new information about us for those that have been hanging around a while so you won't be bored...

I am always in search of Capt Jack so I guess that is my vote.:rotfl: But I really like the Pirates life for we.....

Hi I am Sherri and I will be your tour guide for this journey....remember to keep all hands and arms indside your ride vehicles at all times...we will not be responsible for lost or stolen posts so keep track of your valuables at all times. If you have any questions please save them until the end of each post then I will be happy to answer them. It might be a bumpy ride so pay close attention to all posted safety information and I hope you all enjoy yourselves.

010-1.jpg

My family moved back to Southern California when my Dad got out of the Army when I was about 5 years old. From that moment on vacations that were not related to extended family events were always Disneyland! We ALWAYS hit the land on New Years Day as back then it was one of the quietest days of the year at the Happiest Place on Earth (Oh how times have changed) and there were usually 1-2 other trips at random times of the year.

Those were the days when you had a limited number of lettered tickets and you had to prioritize what was most important to you. The days when every land had ticket booths in case you ran out of "E" tickets and had to ride the Matterhorn just one more time. The days of the Skyway, characters that roamed without handlers that you could just walk up and hug (NO lineups!),The days when you saw men in suits and ladies with hats,gloves & heels as the normal get-up for a day at the land, and the days when a family of 4 could hit the land for the day and the tickets only cost about $20 for everybody if you were lucky enough to have a Magic Kingdom club card. the days of no cable TV, no Home computer no DVDs, VCRs or DVRs but instead the wonderful movies only to be seen in theaters and Sunday nights when the whole family watched Wonderful World of Disney together. OK now you all know I am OLD! But amazingly at DL I will forever be that 5 year old girl with stars in her eyes seeing it for the first time.

I spent Grad night at DL in 1985 which was my first foray to the land without my parents and siblings...and it seemed a gateway to growing up..(and I did wear the dress and heels that I wore to Graduation to the park that night as did everyone in my class (well the boys were in suits LOL)

I married and had 3 kids of my own who I took to DL every chance I got even after we moved from Southern California in 1990 to Arizona...The day before we moved was spent at Disneyland...I was afraid I would never be back.
But we did go back (well my family was mostly still there after all and they could be used as an excuse to go to DL right?) Not as often as before but still pretty regularly at least once a year.

I divorced and remarried and in 2002 my daughter Kari asked if for her birthday just she Brant & I could go to DL to see the NBC overlay on the Haunted Mansion. She was and still is today a devotee of Tim Burton and we rode the HMH about 10 times in that 1 1/2 day trip. That trip was 100% guided by my teenage daughter and it was a blur of HMH, POTC and the coasters. Little did I know that this was to be my last trip to DL for a very long time. Had I known just how long it would be I like to think I would have stopped and enjoyed every tiny Disney nuance to soak it in and keep it close to my heart. Alas this is not what happened.

Fast forward to 2008 when life was much different. The 3 oldest kids were grown and busy with their lives. We now lived in a tiny town in Northeastern Montana about 50 miles from the Canadian border. My 2nd husband & I had a new little one about to turn 4 and my thoughts turned to DL again. Over the next two years we scrimped & saved and planned and on December 25th, 2010 Christmas Day I arrived in DLR after 8 years away with tears in my eyes, I was home! All the details of this magical trip are yours to enjoy in the previous pages. My disney love was re-kindled...there would never be a drought like this one again! Before we were even home we began to plot how to do this again and the Halloween 2011 trip was born...and here we are with the PTR for our next adventure already begun. ENJOY!!!!

I have 16,373 views of this Thread and only 435 replies...come out come out whereever you are...OK all you lurkers...it doesn't have to be Fancy just say "HI" already! I DO NOT bite unless asked.

I have 16,373 views of this Thread and only 435 replies...come out come out whereever you are...OK all you lurkers...it doesn't have to be Fancy just say "HI" already! I DO NOT bite unless asked.

But the question is do you season before biting?:rotfl:

I felt that way on my Trip Report! I figured I wasn't getting people to say hi cause I dragged it out so long... either that or I was boring and no one wanted to tell me!

A lot of times I come to see the TR whenever someone posts but then I usually only comment on your actual TR comments and not on other comments so I add a lot of views! But I can guarantee I didn't have 16,000 views lol.

But the question is do you season before biting?:rotfl:

Depends on how spicy you are to start with :laughing:
I felt that way on my Trip Report! I figured I wasn't getting people to say hi cause I dragged it out so long... either that or I was boring and no one wanted to tell me!

A lot of times I come to see the TR whenever someone posts but then I usually only comment on your actual TR comments and not on other comments so I add a lot of views! But I can guarantee I didn't have 16,000 views lol.

Yep I check when people have commented but like you no way are all those views me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter