• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You Better Start Believing in Success Stories, You're in One! Nov. W.I.S.H Challenge

From the gallows in the Caribbean, At World's End moves on to Singapore. There we find Elizabeth, Will and the crew of the Black Pearl looking for maps, a crew and a ship. They need these things to journey to Davy Jones's locker to rescue Jack. The journey is not an easy one. The crew has to brave freezing temperatures, boredom and one massive waterfall.
View attachment 207231

Meanwhile in the locker Jack is going mad. He thinks he has an entire crew of himself.
View attachment 207229

The next thing we know the rescue crew is washing ashore on a beach. Their boat has been destroyed in the waterfall. Knowing they have made it to the locker they wonder where Jack is. The Black Pearl suddenly appears from over the sand dunes on a wave of crabs.
View attachment 207228

Elizabeth and Will would not have found Jack if it wasn't for the tools they had with them. What tools do you use in your journey? a calorie counter or maybe Weight Watchers? How about a scale? Out of all your tools which one do you find most effective?​

I have a scale for me and for food. I also use MFP for calories and my fit bit for steps and exercise. I use my fit bit the most. and them MFP.

From the gallows in the Caribbean, At World's End moves on to Singapore. There we find Elizabeth, Will and the crew of the Black Pearl looking for maps, a crew and a ship. They need these things to journey to Davy Jones's locker to rescue Jack. The journey is not an easy one. The crew has to brave freezing temperatures, boredom and one massive waterfall.
View attachment 207231

Meanwhile in the locker Jack is going mad. He thinks he has an entire crew of himself.
View attachment 207229

The next thing we know the rescue crew is washing ashore on a beach. Their boat has been destroyed in the waterfall. Knowing they have made it to the locker they wonder where Jack is. The Black Pearl suddenly appears from over the sand dunes on a wave of crabs.
View attachment 207228

Elizabeth and Will would not have found Jack if it wasn't for the tools they had with them. What tools do you use in your journey? a calorie counter or maybe Weight Watchers? How about a scale? Out of all your tools which one do you find most effective?​

I am well geared! I have fitbit, use my fitness pal, have food scale and body weight scale. I have kettlebells, step that doubles up as bench, adjustable dumbells and trx band!

Tools - I have my FitBit but lately I haven't been making my 10,000 steps every day. Also have a scale and I normally weight myself daily, but haven't been doing that lately either. About the only thing I'm currently doing on a regular basis is rolling on my Pilates foam roller. I can usually get a couple spine pops on it, and when I went to the chiropractor last week he was able to completely release everything in between my shoulder blades, so I know it is really helping.

The countdown continues. I got a few more things taken care of last night, so really am in pretty good shape for the holiday. Today is garbage day, so a lot of things got cleared out of the house and it doesn't feel so stuffed full to me. Tonight I'm going to go thru clothing and putting together some bags to take to Goodwill tomorrow... not necessary to make things nice for Thanksgiving, but will help to clear out space.

I started reading in one of the books for the workshop - Upstream by Mary Oliver. It is short essays, little pops of ideas and observations and it is really hitting the mark... exactly what I need to be reading right now. I really want to sink in to the darkness of the season and need to be spending more time outside, even when it's wet and cold, so I will be getting out for evening walks and doing some clean up in the yard.

I'll be offline tomorrow and Thursday so HAPPY THANKSGIVING to those in the US, and HAPPY WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY to everyone else. Stay healthy!

upload_2016-11-22_8-14-32.png

I've been awful about being on here! I've been battling one heck of a respiratory infection and just been miserable. Feeling better today, but the boss is making me stay home so I don't get anyone else sick.

Due to how I feel though, I have been eating well trying to boost my immunity so there's a silver lining!

My go to tool is always the scale. I know people say not to weigh everyday, but it helps me stay on track when I see the numbers creeping up. It tells me that even if I can put my slip ups out of mind and forgive myself, the scale will always tell me the truth haha!
I hope you feel better soon!
I have a scale for me and for food. I also use MFP for calories and my fit bit for steps and exercise. I use my fit bit the most. and them MFP.
I could use a food scale I always eyeball everything and I'm sure I'm way off.

I am well geared! I have fitbit, use my fitness pal, have food scale and body weight scale. I have kettlebells, step that doubles up as bench, adjustable dumbells and trx band!
You are well geared!
Tools - I have my FitBit but lately I haven't been making my 10,000 steps every day. Also have a scale and I normally weight myself daily, but haven't been doing that lately either. About the only thing I'm currently doing on a regular basis is rolling on my Pilates foam roller. I can usually get a couple spine pops on it, and when I went to the chiropractor last week he was able to completely release everything in between my shoulder blades, so I know it is really helping.

The countdown continues. I got a few more things taken care of last night, so really am in pretty good shape for the holiday. Today is garbage day, so a lot of things got cleared out of the house and it doesn't feel so stuffed full to me. Tonight I'm going to go thru clothing and putting together some bags to take to Goodwill tomorrow... not necessary to make things nice for Thanksgiving, but will help to clear out space.

I started reading in one of the books for the workshop - Upstream by Mary Oliver. It is short essays, little pops of ideas and observations and it is really hitting the mark... exactly what I need to be reading right now. I really want to sink in to the darkness of the season and need to be spending more time outside, even when it's wet and cold, so I will be getting out for evening walks and doing some clean up in the yard.

I'll be offline tomorrow and Thursday so HAPPY THANKSGIVING to those in the US, and HAPPY WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY to everyone else. Stay healthy!

View attachment 207256
The struggle with the darkness is real! It is so easy to stay inside during this time of year, I face this fight every night when it's time to run. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

I am so far behind and dont have time to play catch up right now! I fully intend to go back and read through the thread later! But for now I just wanted to say Hi. Disneyland was great. Obviously I didn't weigh myself while we were there but I'm back to weighing in now. I'll put my progress at 60%.
I'm glad to hear you had a great time at DL!!

Woohoo Wednesday! Let's see...I have been completely on plan since Sunday, including two workouts that for some reason were really hard to get through. I think it'll put me in a good position for the rest of this week, which I have a plan for! I'm woohooing that I have a race tomorrow. I haven't had one since my last at the end of September and, I tell ya, I don't know how runners who don't race do it! I have no motivation to run if I don't have any races planned. I've already mapped out part of my race schedule for 2017. Final woohoo, my boss is letting me work from home on Friday since I'm going to be the only one in the office. Pretty pumped to spend my day curled up on the couch watching Christmas movies!

I just realized I didn't answer my question yesterday, my tools are the scale and MFP off and on. The scale is the one I find most helpful. Like @Lady Marie said the scale doesn't lie.

My Woohoo for today is DH made it up here last night and we are taking the family out sightseeing today! So excited to see some new things and maybe take the kids to the drive in theater tonight to see Moana.

My Woohoos:

• I am going to see a dietician this morning - I am hoping it is a much more positive experience than the last one.
  • I am going to woohoo my kids this week - DS turned 16 on Tuesday and he is turning into such a great young man and yesterday I checked my email while waiting for the kids at school pick up and there was an email from DD thanking me and saying how much she appreciated my help and support this year when she was adjusting to high school - I have had an emotional few days and smaller DS can always to be counted on to make me laugh when I least expect it - he has a very quick wit.

My woohoo for the day is I'm excited to run our local turkey trot 5k with my 9 year old daughter tomorrow! And I'm still on a high from Disneyland last weekend lol!
Hope you have a great run!

whoohoo - I stayed consistent with my calorie counting and not going over for 3 days in row!
Nice!

My Woohoos:

• I am going to see a dietician this morning - I am hoping it is a much more positive experience than the last one.
  • I am going to woohoo my kids this week - DS turned 16 on Tuesday and he is turning into such a great young man and yesterday I checked my email while waiting for the kids at school pick up and there was an email from DD thanking me and saying how much she appreciated my help and support this year when she was adjusting to high school - I have had an emotional few days and smaller DS can always to be counted on to make me laugh when I least expect it - he has a very quick wit.
Love this! It sounds like you have some great kids!!

My W
oohoos:

good luck with the dietitian. It sounds like you have done great job bringing up your DS!

stealing the idea form someone on my fitness pal friend list

Setting up HOLIDAY "Staying The Healthy Course" Commitment!
Day 1 of 37 days
FOOD goal: 1700 -2200 calories. (with the exception of Christmas)
Calorie Burn goal: Over 2200
EXERCISE:

track it daily.

i thought someone may find it helpful to set up their own commitment of staying on course this holiday season

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends in the US - I hope you have a wonderful time with your families enjoying the holiday :D

So I feel like this appointment with the dietician went better. We discussed when I ate and what I ate - I go too long between eating - so I need to include a morning and afternoon snack. When I am on track bringing my own lunch it seems I am track with those choices. She was good at reframing 'talk' about food - so instead of having a goal of no takeout - my aim should be to have as many home made meals as possible for the month. So kind of like setting that minimum that @HappyGrape was talking about I think. For the next month she doesn't want me to worry about tracking with MFP or any other regular system - as the focus on the calorie limits can feel like a diet rather than making choices about healthy foods to fuel my body. The next month is also about increasing red meat consumption to 2-3 times per week for my iron levels - next visit we will hone that with other foods to aid its absorption and look at increasing my dairy/calcium intake. We talked about recipe ideas and where to find good ones and discussed getting more organised with planning and pre-prepping and including the kids in the cooking and organising process more, as really they are old enough. So rather than give me a whole lot of info to work it out all at once on my own - I feel like she is helping to break things into smaller chunks to work on and was easier to talk to about it all. Oh and as for my go to snacking of chocolate I am going to attempt to not have it in the house all the time - she said be realistic and obviously still have it when desired but maybe make it more of an outing to really enjoy rather than eating it mindlessly. So I am feeling more positive at the moment about working with this dietician. Also - really I spend so much time worrying about something happening to me health wise - it is at such odds with how I treat my body which only increases my risk factors for anything happening! If I am still struggling to see any good movement with change in the new year I will consider the emotional side a lot more and maybe see a psychologist to work on my emotions and mental health.

Wow this year is fast disappearing - DS16 finishes school for the year tomorrow at lunch time and the twins have only one more week - I have 2 and a bit weeks left and then I will be on break for Christmas as well. I can't wait - looking forward to a good 5 weeks off for me. I am all chatty as I am trying to stay awake to go pick DS16 up from his shift at work at 10pm - but I will let you all get back to your holiday fun lol

Thankful Thursday

IMG_5026.JPG

Like King George in Stranger Tides, most of us are going to sit down and feast today.

Instead of a question today I would like for everyone to post what they are thankful for this Thursday. And for those of you outside of the U.S. do you celebrate a holiday like Thanksgiving in your country?

Happy Thanksgiving!!​

Thankful Thursday

View attachment 207511

Like King George in Stranger Tides, most of us are going to sit down and feast today.

Instead of a question today I would like for everyone to post what they are thankful for this Thursday. And for those of you outside of the U.S. do you celebrate a holiday like Thanksgiving in your country?

Happy Thanksgiving!!​

This has not been the greatest of years for me. I've spent a lot of time whining and complaining and feeling sorry for myself. But in truth, in terms of the world today and the world through history, I am incredibly blessed. I have a warm home, people who love me and whom I love, food that is both good and plentiful. All the basics of human survival plus a lot of the things a person needs to thrive.

So as I sit here on my kitchen floor watching the bread bake, listening to the chatter and the laugher and the squabbles from the other room, I'm taking a bunch of deep breaths and being thankful for my life.

View attachment 207231

View attachment 207229

View attachment 207228

A few days behind but I thought I'd answer questions anyway. I have lots of tools - a Fitbit, workout DVDs, a rowing machine, weights, MFP, scales. I just don't use them. I need the tool that resets my brain. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends in the US - I hope you have a wonderful time with your families enjoying the holiday :D

So I feel like this appointment with the dietician went better. We discussed when I ate and what I ate - I go too long between eating - so I need to include a morning and afternoon snack. When I am on track bringing my own lunch it seems I am track with those choices. She was good at reframing 'talk' about food - so instead of having a goal of no takeout - my aim should be to have as many home made meals as possible for the month. So kind of like setting that minimum that @HappyGrape was talking about I think. For the next month she doesn't want me to worry about tracking with MFP or any other regular system - as the focus on the calorie limits can feel like a diet rather than making choices about healthy foods to fuel my body. The next month is also about increasing red meat consumption to 2-3 times per week for my iron levels - next visit we will hone that with other foods to aid its absorption and look at increasing my dairy/calcium intake. We talked about recipe ideas and where to find good ones and discussed getting more organised with planning and pre-prepping and including the kids in the cooking and organising process more, as really they are old enough. So rather than give me a whole lot of info to work it out all at once on my own - I feel like she is helping to break things into smaller chunks to work on and was easier to talk to about it all. Oh and as for my go to snacking of chocolate I am going to attempt to not have it in the house all the time - she said be realistic and obviously still have it when desired but maybe make it more of an outing to really enjoy rather than eating it mindlessly. So I am feeling more positive at the moment about working with this dietician. Also - really I spend so much time worrying about something happening to me health wise - it is at such odds with how I treat my body which only increases my risk factors for anything happening! If I am still struggling to see any good movement with change in the new year I will consider the emotional side a lot more and maybe see a psychologist to work on my emotions and mental health.

Wow this year is fast disappearing - DS16 finishes school for the year tomorrow at lunch time and the twins have only one more week - I have 2 and a bit weeks left and then I will be on break for Christmas as well. I can't wait - looking forward to a good 5 weeks off for me. I am all chatty as I am trying to stay awake to go pick DS16 up from his shift at work at 10pm - but I will let you all get back to your holiday fun lol

Your nutritionist sounds amazing! I like that the approach seems so real.

Good Morning! Yesterday turned out to be quite a busy day for me. I cooked Thanksgiving for the first time ever!

To answer yesterday's question, I am thankful this year for my family, even though they drive me crazy at times they are still pretty great. I'm also thankful for being injury free so I can get my runs in. And finally I am thankful for this group and the support I get here to continue my journey even when it's hard!

Now that Jack and the Black Pearl has been found the crew makes their way back to the world of the living. On the way they discover the lost souls that are suppose to be ferried by Davy Jones to the afterlife, among them is Elizabeth's father.
IMG_5039.PNG

He tells them that whoever stabs Davy Jones's heart will take his place. This fact has both Will and Jack intrigued. Will because he could free his father and Jack loves the idea of being imfamous and immortal.
IMG_5040.JPG

After they make it back they are confronted by the pirate lord Sao Feng. Sao Feng has Jack taken to Lord Beckett, where he makes an agreement to lead the lord to shipwreck cove. Jack then escapes back to the Black Pearl where the crew and Will await.
IMG_5041.JPG

Sao Feng lets the Black Pearl go as long as he can have Elizabeth. Everyone is under the impression that Elizabeth is Davy Jones's love Calypso. Sao Feng is later killed in an attack on his ship and Elizabeth is named Captain.
IMG_5042.JPG

Today's Question: Like Davy Jones, we must protect our hearts so we can live a nice long life. What exercise do you do to take care of your heart? Do you enjoy exercise or do you find it a chore?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter