You just graduated from college!! What's next? 5/13 - 5/21 THAT'S A WRAP!

Your meal at Narcosse's looks very good. I had the halibut at Artist Point last Monday night and it was good, too.

I'm between Tony's and Be our Guest for lunch on my MK day.
We will really miss not be able to eat at LTT in Oct, too. We'll be replacing it with lunch at BOG. I don't know when your MK day is but we have ADR's for Sunday, Oct 24th at 12:10pm.

Looks like a fantastic dinner at Narcoossees. Another place I've never been but is on the list to try in the future.

Mmmm, that Almond cheesecake is the best dessert on property after California Grill got rid of the Vahlronna chocolate cake. You have me pondering adding a ressie for Narcoossee's!

BTW, our dates overlap! I'll be there 10/17-25.

Jill in CO

Hi Gisele! :wave2: My next trip is Oct. 23 - Nov. 3. Hopefully you have a trip scheduled at that time???

Noooo!, we are going at the end of November (for 18 days!) to see the Holiday decorations, but we are going to try many new restaurants and now I need to find an adr to Narcoossee for that cheesecake !!!

Wow your fish @ Narcoossee's looks delicious & beautifully plated! Now I want to book Narcoossee's which I didn't plan on any signatures this trip-but THAT looks...:earseek: YUM!!!

We love this place and I am trying to get a ressie that isn't too late for this month. The picture of the filet makes it look a mini filet :rotfl2: Of course the almond cheesecake is one of the best desserts to ever touch my mouth. Thank for sharing such an awesome review.

I think I remember the almond crusted cheesecake from one of your previous reports and I've wanted it ever since! :lovestruc

All of the meals look absolutely delicious. This is one we will have to try eventually for sure.

We LOVED Narcoossee's when we went Dec 2012. We always skip beverages at ts restaurants so we can have coffee with our dessert! And let me tell you, Narcoossee has fabulous french press coffee! I really would have chosen to go back but this Oct trip was really all about trying NEW restaurants....so we are going to Citrico's instead. Gosh, I hope it's good. I hate wasting 2 ts credits on lukewarm dinner! We were actually going to do Cali Grill but I've heard such mixed reviews we opted out of that one (besides, we ate there in 2012 also).

I'm glad you enjoyed Narcoosse's!

Narcoossee's looks lovely! Definitely on the list to try. Great pictures of the fireworks as well!!

Oh my, that Narcoossee's looks incredible! I may have to go back to the drawing board on my ADR's after seeing those meals. :)

So glad you enjoyed your meal at Narcoossee's. We've eaten there before and had great food and exceptional service. I also agree that the almond crusted cheesecake is the best desert on property. It ranks slightly higher than the fried wontons from Yak & Yeti.

Ahhh yes, the Y & Y fried wontons! Another great WDW dessert! :thumbsup2

Your meal at Narcosse's looks very good. I had the halibut at Artist Point last Monday night and it was good, too.

We will really miss not be able to eat at LTT in Oct, too. We'll be replacing it with lunch at BOG. I don't know when your MK day is but we have ADR's for Sunday, Oct 24th at 12:10pm.

You know, I've only ever had the the salmon at Artist Point. I bet the halibut would be good too. I really should expand my horizons there sometime. ;)

As of now my MK day is Saturday, 10/24 and I have a lunch reservation at BOG for that day. But it sounds like you are there on Sunday, 10/25. Maybe we could do breakfast together somewhere in the Epcot resort area (Captain's Grille or Trattoria al Forno perhaps??) either Sunday or Monday morning. Or depending on what time you leave on Monday, maybe we can have lunch at the F & W booths together on Monday?? Let me know what might work for you or if you have another idea.

Looks like a fantastic dinner at Narcoossees. Another place I've never been but is on the list to try in the future.

After my last two visits to Narcoossee's, my opinion of this restaurant has become quite favorable. I would recommend that you try it sometime! :thumbsup2

Mmmm, that Almond cheesecake is the best dessert on property after California Grill got rid of the Vahlronna chocolate cake. You have me pondering adding a ressie for Narcoossee's!

BTW, our dates overlap! I'll be there 10/17-25.

Jill in CO

Oh yes, I loved that dessert at California Grill. I had three or four different versions there and they were all winners! ::yes::

And I'm very happy to hear that we might have the chance to meet finally. I don't get in until Friday night, Oct. 23rd. I think my plane is supposed to get in around 6:30, so I'm hoping to make it to dinner at Monsieur Paul at 9:00 that night. Any interest in joining me? Or is that the night of your dinner at V & A's? Saturday, the 24th I'm planning to spend at Magic Kingdom until after the parade, then back to the Boardwalk Inn to get ready for the PFTS (featuring Disney chefs) that night. You aren't by chance attending that, are you?? Not sure what time you leave on Sunday, but my plans for the day are still pretty open. BTW, what hotel are you staying at?

Noooo!, we are going at the end of November (for 18 days!) to see the Holiday decorations, but we are going to try many new restaurants and now I need to find an adr to Narcoossee for that cheesecake !!!

Oh darn!! :sad1: But late November, early December is my second favorite time to visit the World. The holiday decorations, Candlelight Processional at Epcot, and the Osborne Lights are all wonderful. And I hope you are able to get into Narcoossee's, but if you can't get an ADR then you could probably find a seat at their bar...even if just for the cheesecake. Also, I know that Jeri (jerseytinkerbell) was successful in getting the cheesecake to go. Anyway, enjoy your trip! :thumbsup2

Wow your fish @ Narcoossee's looks delicious & beautifully plated! Now I want to book Narcoossee's which I didn't plan on any signatures this trip-but THAT looks...:earseek: YUM!!!

It was a beautiful dish and just as delicious as it looked! :thumbsup2

Really Great Reviews!!! Yummy!!

Thanks so much and thanks for reading! :goodvibes

We love this place and I am trying to get a ressie that isn't too late for this month. The picture of the filet makes it look a mini filet :rotfl2: Of course the almond cheesecake is one of the best desserts to ever touch my mouth. Thank for sharing such an awesome review.

I know what you mean. I tried to get a Narcoossee's reservation for my Oct. trip right after having this great dinner there in May and was only able to get a 9:40 time. :eek: Hopefully something a little earlier will open up but if not I guess I will be having a very late dinner that night.

I think I remember the almond crusted cheesecake from one of your previous reports and I've wanted it ever since! :lovestruc

All of the meals look absolutely delicious. This is one we will have to try eventually for sure.

Oh yes, I don't think I've ever dined at Narcoossee's without having the cheesecake for dessert, except for our first dinner there when we pre-ordered a birthday cake for dessert. It really is delicious! :thumbsup2

We LOVED Narcoossee's when we went Dec 2012. We always skip beverages at ts restaurants so we can have coffee with our dessert! And let me tell you, Narcoossee has fabulous french press coffee! I really would have chosen to go back but this Oct trip was really all about trying NEW restaurants....so we are going to Citrico's instead. Gosh, I hope it's good. I hate wasting 2 ts credits on lukewarm dinner! We were actually going to do Cali Grill but I've heard such mixed reviews we opted out of that one (besides, we ate there in 2012 also).

I'm glad you enjoyed Narcoosse's!

I actually had the press pot of coffee during my previous dinner at Narcoossee's. It was really good! As for Citrico's, it was actually my favorite dinner from my last trip...just beating out Narcoossee's. I really enjoyed the filet there. I hope you have a great dinner there! :thumbsup2

Narcoossee's looks lovely! Definitely on the list to try. Great pictures of the fireworks as well!!

It really is a beautiful location, down by the water. And a good place to watch the fireworks. They pipe in the WISHES music to both inside the restaurant and outside on the deck. :thumbsup2

Narcoossee's looks amazing! Yummy!!!

It was a great dinner! I'm hoping for three in a row when I return there for dinner next month. ::yes::

Oh my, that Narcoossee's looks incredible! I may have to go back to the drawing board on my ADR's after seeing those meals. :)

Ha! I'm constantly at the drawing board when planning for a WDW trip. Tweaking those dining reservations and then tweaking again...and again and again! :laughing:

Oh yes, I loved that dessert at California Grill. I had three or four different versions there and they were all winners! ::yes::

And I'm very happy to hear that we might have the chance to meet finally. I don't get in until Friday night, Oct. 23rd. I think my plane is supposed to get in around 6:30, so I'm hoping to make it to dinner at Monsieur Paul at 9:00 that night. Any interest in joining me? Or is that the night of your dinner at V & A's? Saturday, the 24th I'm planning to spend at Magic Kingdom until after the parade, then back to the Boardwalk Inn to get ready for the PFTS (featuring Disney chefs) that night. You aren't by chance attending that, are you?? Not sure what time you leave on Sunday, but my plans for the day are still pretty open. BTW, what hotel are you staying at?

On Friday I'm having dinner with my family so that's out. I'm not doing PFTS...I'm meeting another Dis'er for dinner at Rose and Crown. Sunday I'm open...I don't leave until 2ish. I'm at AKV. Let me know if you want to try to meet up!

Jill in CO

My nephew and his wife also dined at Narcoossee's during their anniversary trip to Disney World in late July.

However their choices were all different than ours. Being on the Deluxe Dining Plan they each started with something from the Soup & Salads section of the menu. My nephew started with this salad...

Summer Peach and Rhubarb Salad with Flavorcrest Peaches, Baby Greens, Roasted Mr. Frye's Rhubarb, Vermont Creamery Goat’s Milk Feta, Candied Pecans, and Tawny Port-White Balsamic Vinaigrette with Corn Bread Croutons and Rhubarb Jam

His Comments: The salad was amazing, one of the best salads I’ve ever had. The peaches melted in my mouth, and the presentation was gorgeous.

His wife began with soup...

Maine Lobster Bisque with Butter-poached Lobster, Coral, and Chives

Her Comment: The Bisque was good, but not great.

Then for his entree, my nephew chose...

Black Angus New York Strip Steak with a Butter-poached Maine Lobster Tail, served with Boniato-Idaho Potato Mash, Pero Farms Organic Green and Yellow Wax Beans, and Herbed Cabernet-Oxtail Reduction

His Comments: The steak was good and the lobster was tender. ALWAYS ask for the butter poached method when ordering lobster from Narcoossee’s.

His wife also ordered lobster, but she went with the...

Two-Pound Steamed Maine Lobster served with Fallen Corn Soufflé with Malted Popcorn Sauce and Broccolini finished with Citrus Gremolata

Her Comment: The lobster was a little overcooked for my taste.

Sadly neither of them took my advice and ordered the cheesecake for dessert. Instead, my nephew had the...

Coconut and Chocolate Crème Brûlée - Layered Coconut and Chocolate with Whipped Chantilly Cream and Toasted Coconut

His Comment: The chocolate pudding in the crème brulee tasted like Jello Chocolate pudding.

And his wife ended her meal with the Artisanal Cheese Plate...

Here is a photo of the cheese menu...

Her Comment: The cheeses were playful and yet very refined.

And there you have it. While this was my nephew's favorite meal of the trip (mostly due to the amazing salad), it was not his wife's favorite. She preferred her lunch at Bongos and a dinner for which the review is still yet to come. ;)

Next up: Breakfast at Captain's Grille

Isn't amazing how one can have a great entree and the next not so great. I have heard that they can overcook the lobster sometimes per othe dining reports.

Got a little behind but caught up now on lots of yummy food reviews! Glad to hear BOG was good for breakfast, coming into the park early makes it worth it too! Loved those pictures of the castle.
I am kind of a lobster snob with my mom being from Maine, I rarely order it when we are not in Maine, I would be disappointed with overcooked lobster.

As of now my MK day is Saturday, 10/24 and I have a lunch reservation at BOG for that day. But it sounds like you are there on Sunday, 10/25. Maybe we could do breakfast together somewhere in the Epcot resort area (Captain's Grille or Trattoria al Forno perhaps??) either Sunday or Monday morning. Or depending on what time you leave on Monday, maybe we can have lunch at the F & W booths together on Monday?? Let me know what might work for you or if you have another idea.
Breakfast would be nice, either Captain's Grille or Trattoria al Forno works for us. Sunday would be better than Monday but either one would be alright. We would be leaving around 2pm on Monday and we'll be spending some time in the World Showcase before we leave for the bus.

On Friday I'm having dinner with my family so that's out. I'm not doing PFTS...I'm meeting another Dis'er for dinner at Rose and Crown. Sunday I'm open...I don't leave until 2ish. I'm at AKV. Let me know if you want to try to meet up!

Jill in CO

AKV...I would have known that if I had looked at your signature. :laughing:
Anyway, I'd definitely like to get together with you on Sunday. I'm working on a possible plan and will send you a PM (or whatever they call it now, lol) soon.

Isn't amazing how one can have a great entree and the next not so great. I have heard that they can overcook the lobster sometimes per othe dining reports.

Yes, I felt a little bad since I had recommended Narcoossee's to them. But at least my nephew really enjoyed his dinner, so my recommendation was 50% correct. ;)

Got a little behind but caught up now on lots of yummy food reviews! Glad to hear BOG was good for breakfast, coming into the park early makes it worth it too! Loved those pictures of the castle.
I am kind of a lobster snob with my mom being from Maine, I rarely order it when we are not in Maine, I would be disappointed with overcooked lobster.

While I myself have only had the Surf & Turf at Narcoossee's (and thought the lobster tail was just okay), I had always heard that the whole lobster entree was much better there than just the tail. However, this didn't hold true for my nephew and his wife. So I guess I'll continue to stick with some of the other seafood entrees at Narcoossee's. :thumbsup2

Breakfast would be nice, either Captain's Grille or Trattoria al Forno works for us. Sunday would be better than Monday but either one would be alright. We would be leaving around 2pm on Monday and we'll be spending some time in the World Showcase before we leave for the bus.

Sounds good. I sent you a PM!

NO MACADAMIA PINEAPPLE PANCAKES FOR ME! :sad:

On Monday morning, May 18th, I was originally hoping for us all to have breakfast at one of my favorites, Kona Cafe. Yep, my plan was for an early breakfast there, which for me would definitely be Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes, followed by catching the monorail to Epcot, where we were spending the day. Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans. :worried: As soon as the kids saw our dining schedule, which included three days in a row of getting up early to have breakfast, they staged a protest. Three against one...I lost. :sad1: I thought about doing the Kona breakfast solo, but then decided to have breakfast somewhere closer to the Boardwalk. Hence, the idea was born of having breakfast across the lake at the Yacht Club's...

I didn't make an ADR but showed up at the restaurant's opening time (7:30 a.m.) so did not have a problem with getting a table right away. I thought about just doing the buffet, but with a big lunch scheduled at Teppan Edo, I decided to instead order something from their A la Carte menu...

I was interested in trying three of their breakfast entrees, the French Toast, the Lobster Omelet, and the one which I ended up ordering...

Lemon-Ricotta Hotcakes with Blueberry Compote, Lemon Curd, and Savory Hash Browns

Here's a close up shot of the pancakes...

Before giving my rating, I should first tell you that I'm not a big fan of lemon curd. It's okay by itself, better when combined with the blueberry compote. Consequently I rated the pancakes only a 4, but am pretty confident in saying that those of you who are lemon curd fans would probably give these a 5. As for me, I still prefer the Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes at Kona Cafe. ;)

Since I'll be staying at the Boardwalk again on my next trip, I plan to visit Captain's Grille at least once, but maybe twice. Once to have either the French toast or Lobster omelet (has anyone had either of these?) and a second time to try the buffet. Oh, and speaking of the Captain's Grille breakfast buffet, I have photos...so stay tuned for Part II. :thumbsup2

Next up: Captain's Grille Breakfast Buffet pics

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter