Your Best Magical Moments...

The all time best was upgrade form POFQ to Contempoary. Long story but my DD age 35 had been diagnoised with MS the day before we arrived so it was a much needed perk.

2nd was when we were "First Family" on Dinosaur. Rode by ourselves and received 8x10 Photo

3rd My DGD age 4 got a "job" at the sweet shop in Studios. Very cute, They put hat and gloves on her took her in to make candy and gave her certificate of employment

4th was when my DH was "That Guy" at Laugh Floor.

Every visit has magical moments. Thay's why I keep going back

One of the most Magical moments happened to my nephew, who was 6 at the time.

It was his first visit to WDW and the end of a fun-filled first day. We were leaving Epcot, heading back to the CR for the night and we were on the platform waiting for the monorail. My nephew started chatting with the CM working at the loading area, asking him questions about the monorail.

As the train pulled into the station, the CM got down to my nephew's level and said to him, "The pilot would like you to ride in the front car with him, okay?" Of course, that was back in the days when it was still possible. There were 4 of us, so it worked out perfectly and we enjoyed the long ride back to the TTC with an awesome pilot that even allowed my nephew to blow the horn at an oncoming monorail! When we got to the TTC, he showed him how you close the doors on the train. It was incredible, absolutely the perfect ending to his first day. Even more special now that policy has changed.

Pure magic! pixiedust:

One of my most magical moments occurred just last year. It was late on a rainy evening in July, and my adult sister had traveled with me for a brief trip to the MK. We were waiting for the second viewing of the MSEP - something my sister had very fond memories of from childhood. She really wanted a Dole Whip, but we didn't want to lose our spots (which were relatively dry), and we weren't sure if Aloha Isle would be still open. She held our spots while I asked a CM if we could still get Dole Whips. The CM did not know but called over a CM from management who also didn't know. He radioed someone for an answer. After a few minutes he told me he'd be right back with the info and to just hold on. I could see my sister looking at me puzzled but I made conversation with the original CM and waited. The manager came back about five minutes later with the two biggest Dole Whips I'd ever seen and gave them to me! He had walked over and gotten them because he couldn't find out if Aloha Isle was open or not. He even remembered the napkins! Needless to say, my sister was delighted and amazed that I seemingly made Dole Whips magically appear. We ate our magical Dole Whips watching the MSEP - children again and stealing a few minutes together away from the real world - times that are so few since we're grown and busy with our adult lives. :goodvibes

I was a huge fan of the (dearly departed) Adventurer's Club. We always made it a priority to go at least two or three times on each trip.

On our last trip before the Club closed, I was pulled up onto the stage as a "character" in their radio play. I got to play a Swedish nanny (complete with my horrible Swedish accent). Had a few seconds of paralyzing stage fright, but thought, "What the heck!" and just went with the flow. It was amazingly fun!

Kungaloosh!

My son received his first haircut at harmony barbour shop this past May. The CM who cut his hair was wonderful with him. She gave him her water bottle and he was spraying himself and her and laughing the whole time. It was so cute people were snapping pictures of him behind me lol.

It was May 1991. Our daughter had just finished Navy basic training in Orlando so we all came for the graduation ceremonies. We went to EPCOT that Saturday and she had to be in uniform. Upon passing the American Pavillion Mickey was going on a break in his Americam period costume. He saw her and came back out and saluted then kissed her hand.
No, I did not have the camera handy but it is a very vivid memory in my mind.

One of the most Magical moments happened to my nephew, who was 6 at the time.

It was his first visit to WDW and the end of a fun-filled first day. We were leaving Epcot, heading back to the CR for the night and we were on the platform waiting for the monorail. My nephew started chatting with the CM working at the loading area, asking him questions about the monorail.

As the train pulled into the station, the CM got down to my nephew's level and said to him, "The pilot would like you to ride in the front car with him, okay?" Of course, that was back in the days when it was still possible. There were 4 of us, so it worked out perfectly and we enjoyed the long ride back to the TTC with an awesome pilot that even allowed my nephew to blow the horn at an oncoming monorail! When we got to the TTC, he showed him how you close the doors on the train. It was incredible, absolutely the perfect ending to his first day. Even more special now that policy has changed.

Pure magic! pixiedust:

We got to ride in the front in 2004, I think that was the year, either that or 3005. Anyway, we found out about it when another guest told us. We just had to do it, so we were there early for our next monorail trip, and we got in! It was nice, we had some casual conv. with the pilot and another guest that was sitting in the front. Good times...good times.:cloud9:

It was May 1991. Our daughter had just finished Navy basic training in Orlando so we all came for the graduation ceremonies. We went to EPCOT that Saturday and she had to be in uniform. Upon passing the American Pavillion Mickey was going on a break in his Americam period costume. He saw her and came back out and saluted then kissed her hand.
No, I did not have the camera handy but it is a very vivid memory in my mind.

That's so neat!:flower3:

My was last year. Our first time to DW. My 5 yo LOVES Goofy. We were waiting in line to see Star Wars Mickey Characters. We were in the group that was going to see Princess Minnie. Wesley really wanted to see Darth Vadar Goofy instead but they had closed the line. So I asked the CM if it would be possible for me to step aside till I see Goofy she said "No you have to stay there" So I asked well can I switch with someone who wants to see Minnie my son loves Goofy and would prefer to see him" Again she said No. So another CM came up to me and said "After you are done with Minnie follow me" she put us in the end of the line and told the CM at the end to let us in so Wesley could see Goofy. It made my son so happy.

Our trip, this past November, we checked into the Grand Floridian for our Outer Building Garden View room. It was our 7th wedding anniversary that day. The gentleman at the counter was earning his ears. There was a hang up with our reservation because we had picked up our tickets two days before the start of our package. Not sure what happened exactly, but after about 20 minutes at the check in desk, the manager handed me a letter, explaining the policies of the Sugar Loaf building. We had been upgraded!! I looked at the gentleman and said, "Really?"...he smiled and I think I started to tear up, I was overwhelmed. It was such an incredible treat!!!

In October I took my two kids for the youngest's first trip; on our last ride on Star Tours (ride #6!), my 5 year old son got picked as the rebel spy! He was thrilled!

Being upgraded from ASMusic to POR my first trip was so magical. It really made the trip! Another was seeing the castle for the first time, I cried a little! It was so amazing because I'd waited 15 years to finally go to WDW! Meeting Peter Pan (my childhood crush...:laughing:) was amazing also. And riding the monorail the first time! Maybe being sung to for my Birthday? Sooo many magical moments I'll never forget :cloud9:

My daughter was three years old, dressed in her Sleeping Beauty dress & tiara (and sneakers - LOL!), walking down Main Street to the Castle for breakfast. The quietness of the morning before rope drop was awesome but overshadowed by my little girl running up the street excitingly yelling "The Castle! It's the Castle!" :love:

I'll always treasure that memory.

My one and a half year old who said very few words pointing and saying "Belle!" while her sister met the princess.

The wonderful CM handing me a coupon for free "ears" after I went to lost and found in a desperate attempt to find my older daughter's "ears" when they disappeared from the stroller while we were riding TSM. She still talks about how she picked out even better princess ears the second time.

Every time I watch the rope drop show at MK. I always cry.

We had several magic moments this past Nov. but, the one that sticks out is Nov 18, at the Garden Grill. I had an ADR, celebrating DS's 4th birthday, with a cake. Without going into too many details, there was a misunderstanding, our table was given to a different party, they couldn't find my cake, I was not happy, and had a few words with the manager. They finally found a table, with the best waiter ever, and the characters were over by us within 5 minutes of us sitting down. When it was time to bring out the cake, we were so excited to see Mickey himself, on his way to our table with the birthday cake for my son. Not only was it the night we were celebrating my son's birthday, but it was Mickey and Minnie's birthday as well (11/18). The best waiter in the world, had everyone sing and then re lit the candles so we could get pictures of my son and Mickey "blowing" out the candles together. The people at the Garden Grill, turned one of the most frustrating situations, into a night we won't soon forget!

Mickey bringing the cake
DSC02717.jpg

Blowing out the candles together
DSC02720.jpg

A birthday hug
DSC02722.jpg

In 2003 we went to WDW with our kids who were 5 and 18 months at the time. When I was making our reservations the CM on the phone asked me if this trip was for a special reason or what we were celebrating. I kind of got choked up and quickly told her that our 5 year old son had undergone open heart surgery and ended up getting really sick with a staph infection. It was touch and go for awhile with him and he was hospitalized for over a month. During that time we begged and pleaded with him to get better and promised to take him anywhere in the world if he would just get better. He eventually did get better and we asked him where he wanted to go and he picked WDW. The CM was very nice about it and nothing more was said.

On our first night there we had a knock on our door around 7 pm. A CM handed dh a big Mickey Mouse bag, there was a note that told us to have a magical vacation. The bag had a stuffed Mickey for our son and a Minnie for our daughter, tons of food, and other things. We couldn't figure out why we got this so dh called the front desk. He inquired about the bag and was put on hold. The lady came back on the line and said that they understood that we had a rough year and they wanted to make our trip magical.

I cried and my dh almost did. It was such a kind thing for them to do for us.

disney.jpg

It still chokes me up when I think about it.

When we took our daughter for her birthday last February we had several magic moments:
The one the I most remember. My daughter's birthday wish was to be chosen to open Magic Kingdom. We had been at Disney so many times and she had always wanted to be the one opening the park. So we woke up very early and went to MK at 6:30am a day that the opening was suppose to be at 9am. I talked to the CM and explain to him my dd wish. Sadly they already picked the family the night before. When my daughter heard that she was crush and started crying. I talked to her to calm her down but I ended up crying because I knew it was something she really wanted it. We waited until rope drop when we were about to enter the cast member came back with a manager, the manager talked to my daughter and gave her VIP sitting to see the parade. It was great because every single character went to say hello. She loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter