Your Best Magical Moments...

We've had several but #1.....Walking up the stairs to CRT and my daughter says "I can't believe it my wish is coming true!" Then as planned, the fireworks going off while we were there eating. The looks on my girls faces were priceless. Worth every penny!

I'm loving these stories!
I've had a few, but a couple stand out the most.
I had had a really hard semester at school and my sister and I decided to renew our Disneyland passes. I went on my birthday during a special rare character week (I forget what it was called). It was when Saving Mr. Banks was in theaters so I wanted to go see Mary and Bert. They had a couple of tea breaks and when it was our turn to meet them the penguin came out to join them! The penguin saw it was my birthday and jumped up and down and started to sing to me. Mary and Bert quickly joined in and it took everything in me to not cry.
My first trip to WDW was so magical, I couldn't stop smiling. There wasn't one specific thing, but the cast members were all so wonderful and seeing everything in person for the first time, after seeing videos and pictures for years, was magic in itself.

Hmm, one of my favorite memories was on my birthday last year. I'd been wearing my birthday button all week but the last day of our trip was my actual birthday. As we were getting on the bus to Epcot the driver asked if I wanted to have a party when we got to the park, and I was just like "oh sure!" thinking nothing of it. But when we got to the bus stop there was a couple CMs, a red carpet, balloons on the railings. They all wished me happy birthday, let my group pick treasures from a chest (costume rings and the like), gave us Fastpasses good for any ride (which was great because we wanted to ride Test Track, but didn't have a Fastness) and took a photo of my group in front of the bus. The bus sign had even changed to say Magical Moment! They also let us take the balloons, which allowed me to make some magic for a couple kids by giving to them once inside the park. When we got back to POR there was an envelope with a printed picture of my magical moment. I kind of forgot about the envelope and opened it recently and there were also cute stickers and transportation cards (I guess it was a transportation magical moment thing). Anyway, it was just extra special because it was my actual birthday.

It was also pretty magical to get dream Fastpasses at both Disneyland, and Magic Kingdom by pure luck! Got them as we exited Pinocchio's ride in Disneyland, and as we exited Magic Carpets in MK.

Getting off of Test Track last month, my youngest said to my wife, "that is the best ride in the world". The CM manning the board, overhead the exchange, stopped my son and said, "well, if it's the best ride, you should ride it again?" He led us over the track and put us right back on. We rode two more times that day (my son really, really liked the ride so we got a FP for it and then rode standby as well), and both times, we happened to pull up in from of the same CM and he saw my son and said, "hey, it's you. don't unclick your seatbelts, I'm sending you around again." And he did.

We were there a few years ago. Our daughter was into the princesses at this time. We were waiting for the Spectro Magic parade by FrontierLand. At that location you have people walking over to Splash and Thunder Mountain. And you had the people that walk up and try to get a seat or a place to watch right before the parade arrives.

The CM started a Disney quiz to give people something to do. What Disney movies have only a one word title? An A or The in the title disqualified. It calmed the crowd and add a lot of fun.

The one no one got was Valiant which was distributed by Buena Vista. It did not do well at the box office.

Last April, we were in MK near closing time. My DS age 4, wanted to go for one more ride on the Speedway, while DD age 5 wanted to do Pooh and then hop on 7DMT right before closing. I explained to DS that if we walked over to the Speedway, he wouldn't get to ride 7DMT with his sister. There just simply wasn't enough time. He said he was fine with it and off we went. I told DH that we would meet him at the exit of 7DMT and walk/shop our way out of the park. Of course, once his Speedway ride was over, DS still wanted to do 7DMT. I told him we couldn't and it was closed, (literally by a minute or so, but I didn't tell him that!) He teared up a little from being over tired but seemed ok on the stroller ride back to the exit of the ride. Of course, as we get right by the rail, I hear DH calling my name. They had just made it in the queue. Once DS heard him and realized how close he was all out wailing ensued! I was trying everything to get him to calm down, when a CM came by to have us move closer to the exit. She asked what was wrong and I explained the situation to her. She motioned for us to follow her and let us into the queue behind a trash can and moved our stroller out of the way for us! I was shocked and so grateful! Of course, our DS didn't exactly learn a lesson about choices, but it was DISNEY and his night was made!! We were the last people on the final train of the night and it is a memory I will never forget!

For some reason I've been singled out to be in several WDW shows, twice I was King Arthur in the Holy Grail show, I was Romeo in the WSP show in Italy and I participated in the Cyranose show in the UK. In addition I was called up to the stage in the Library of the Adventurer's Club to help Emil do his Milking Dance. I guess I just look like a harmless tourist. If only they knew.

Bill From PA

Riding BTMRR (which I wasn't looking forward to as I'm not a coaster guy), but going slowly up one of the hills with the fireworks going off was pretty cool.

Also, first trip my 3 year old DS met Cinderella and she asked if he was a prince or a pirate. He said pirate. She asked if he was a good pirate or a bad pirate. His response: bad. We had a nice chuckle.

On our last day of our recent 4 day trip my daughters (6 and 4) decided to try pin trading. They were given pin sets for their last birthday and we decided to let them try it. We also bought them a few pins while we were there. My 6 year old bought a Moana pin that just would not stay on her lanyard, so we took it back to the store. We bought it with a split gift card/debit card and the CM's were having trouble with the return. It took a little while and the manager came over afterwards and gave my daughter 5 Star Wars pins and said it will help start her collection.

I've had several, but the one that stands out was from my trip last month. We did a split stay and had just arrived at CBR after a full day at the parks. I had used my daughter's last diaper at the park and she needed to be changed before bed. I openened every suitcase and no diapers! I don't know if I had left diapers in our previous room at the Poly or I just didn't realize I was running out. In any case, it was after 11pm at this point. I called "the front desk" from the room to ask if anywhere was open that I could purchase them. I was told everything was closed, but they would see if there was anything they could do. The merchandising manager opened up a shop to get some diapers and hand delivered them to my room. She wouldn't accept payment or a tip. I am so appreciative to those cast members. Disney customer service is amazing!

A couple of years ago at MVMCP parade, I was sitting on the curb close to the hub. I was wearing an Alabama t-shirt. As one group of dancers came through, one dancer moved over to me, leaned down and said "Santa says Roll Tide!" Certainly not as magical as some of these stories but so fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter