• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your child's fav park (MK aside)?

ejrj

DIS Veteran
If you have children under 4, which park did they want to spend MORE than one day at, NOT including the obvious MK. Trying to do some planning. Thank you!

My DGD liked DHS. She was a character junkie so we spent a lot of time in lines with her autograph book. At that time there was also Playhouse Disney, the Little Mermaid attraction and the Beauty and the Beast show so there was plenty to keep her occupied.

My DD loves all the parks but really enjoys Epcot -especially the world showcase. She likes the variety of attractions in Future World and really loves the Kidcot stations. She also enjoys doing the passport activity.

I'm bringing a 16 month old and a 3.5 year old in November. I'm actually not sure the 3.5 year old will care for MK. I think he'll probably love AK because he LOVES animals and probably DHS because his favorite things right now are Cars, Toy Story, and the Muppets.

Epcot.

You didn't ask, but least favorite is definitely AK. We barely lasted half a day there (before he wanted to "go to the giant Mickey Mouse store" in DTD).

ETA: Epcot is THE favorite, not MK. We did a day and a half each at MK and Epcot last trip.

Animal kingdom. Mine live animals and would be happy to hang at the affection station all day

DD5's second favorite is Animal Kingdom. She is a huge animal lover and always brings her binoculars to take a closer look.

Epcot. DD,2, loved the Seas with Nemo and all of the different stations in WS. She also really loved the live performers/music from the different countries.

thanks. I'm trying to divy up the days (and make appropriate ressies) following a combo of crowd suggestions but also obviously interests for the kids. We are there for 7.5 days. 3 girls - one 4 year old and twin 2 year olds (plus me,dh & his parents).

My son likes all of the parks, but I would rate his favorites in order of : MK, Epcot, AK, HS. Epcot and AK are nearly tied, but I give the slight edge to Epcot.

He loves wandering around the Living Seas, and I swear he would spend the entire day watching the miniature train by Germany.

We've been going since he was an infant, and there is more for him to do at Epcot. There are more rides, and there is more room for him to run around a bit.

MK and Epcot tie for first place. I actually see FutureWorld and WS as slightly different parks, and often will do different ones per day, especially if it's hot and I don't feel like doing too much walking. Like, on consecutive days, we'll do MK, then WS. Then AK. Then MK again, then Futureworld. Then another MK to wrap up a trip. (Of course it depends how many day's you're going.)

DD is also in love with AK, DS not so much. But both love the Boneyard there, and Nemo. I guess DD is more into seeing the animals, DS likes the dinos but isn't too excited on the park otherwise. And it has a lot of walking and not a lot of rides, so we tend to only do one day at AK. The promise of going to Rainforest Cafe at the end of our day there keeps DS docile enough to not whine while DD looks at the animals. :)

DHS is cool too but comes in last at this point. We're going to explore it more this fall, though, so maybe that'll turn around.

DD ( 4yrs) second favorite would be HS. She loves Disney Junior, Little Mermaid Voyage, TSM, Honey Shrunk Kids Play Area, Beauty & Beast Show.

Cast Members are surprised but whenever they ask my son which park is his favorite he say Epcot...He really likes Mission Space and the Kim Possible mission. Our first visit he was 4 1/2. He was also tall enough to do test track.

So maybe he is the one of the few kids who EPCOT is his favorite but it is :)

AK followed closly by HS. She wasn't really keen on Epcot at all, don't think there was enough to do for the under 5's there.

In order:

Epcot. They love the characters. Marie, Donald, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White. My son is fascinated by the trains just outside of Germany. They both love the "donald duck ride" in Mexico, and the Nemo ride.

Animal Kingdom. They love the safari ride, and the walking trails, especially the bats, tigers, and "monkeys". They could happily spend all day at The Bone Yard.

DHS: Disney Junior show, Little Mermaid show, characters to meet, Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground, Cars meet & greet, and Pizza Planet.

My kids favourite park, including the MK, was DHS. The characters here were the ones they identified with. MK came in second for them. At the end of our last trip when we had a free day, it was DHS they asked to go back to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter