• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your child's fav park (MK aside)?

My kids' favorite park has always been Epcot, since their first visit at 2 and 4. I would have to say MK is probably their least favorite - we go early in the day but usually leave by lunchtime - we prefer eating elsewhere (even going to a monorail resort to get away from the crowds) and always end up at Epcot at night! They always loved Innoventions and the countries, and my son loved the "globe" (Spaceship Earth) and had to ride it over and over when he was really little!

Hands down, DHS! This was our family's absolute favorite park :thumbsup2

My son was 2 1/2 when we went last year. He had a blast at this park, highlights for him were...

Playtime Disney Junior
Toy Story Mania
Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground
Meeting Mr & Mrs Incredible and Frozone
Pixar Parade
Osbourne Spectacle of Lights (we went at Xmas time)
Muppet 3D show

and the absolute highlight... "meeting" McQueen and Mater! He was so excited he couldn't stand it, LOL

Photo0188FourBySix.jpg

Not 1 of the 4 major parks - but Blizzard Beach. When I tell the girls (now 4 and 6) we are going back to WDW - all they care about is Blizzard Beach. Teamboat Springs is such a fun family ride and they love crossing the icebergs!

Of the four major parks - EPCOT is their favorite. I wasn't expecting that - but with the Kidcot stations (and now Agent P) - they love it there. Which is perfect b/c DH and I love it there, too. :)

We are currently planning our 3rd trip to Disney for January 2013. I asked my kiddos yesterday what park they want to see first and they both exclaimed "EPCOT"!! My DS is 8 and DD is 6. They absolutely love Epcot! Test track is their favorite ride! My DD loves seeing all the different characters around the park and really LOVES Akershus to eat with the princesses. Also my kids enjoyed doing the Kidcot stops to color pictures and what not. They are both looking forward to the new Agent P adventure when we go next time too!

That picture was ADORABLE! I am so looking forward to bringing my DS there once he's old enough.

Thank you! I just had that photo made into a placemat for him, LOL

I can't wait to bring him back! I'm hoping to be there again by the time he's 6 (and at the rate he's going now, I will bet he is STILL obsessed with race cars..) :)

We are currently planning our 3rd trip to Disney for January 2013. I asked my kiddos yesterday what park they want to see first and they both exclaimed "EPCOT"!! My DS is 8 and DD is 6. They absolutely love Epcot! Test track is their favorite ride! My DD loves seeing all the different characters around the park and really LOVES Akershus to eat with the princesses. Also my kids enjoyed doing the Kidcot stops to color pictures and what not. They are both looking forward to the new Agent P adventure when we go next time too!

We love Test Track too - and I think it's closing for "refurbishing" or something during our trip next month! Darn!

My kids also used to love the kidcot stations too! Now they're teenagers so don't really do that (DD would if I let her though, so that's fine, but DS no way, he's too into being "cool" lol)

I am guessing that each of my 3 kids would pick different parks.

My boy twin (8) has said that Epcot is his favorite for a few years now. He loves mission space, test track and of course Soaring.
My girl twin (8) loves DHS. She loves Belle and Ariel as well as Toy Story ride.
My oldest son (12) loves the Rockin Roller Caoster at DHS but I think his favorite ride is the Yeti at AK.

Epcot. Mine like Epcot even more than MK! I've had 4 with kids trips and Epcot is always the winner. (And AK the flop). There's been a 3 year old in every trip except the last one, which had a 2.5 year old. The 2.5 year old was not tall enough for the 40" rides but Epcot was still definately the favorite. (With the other three trips, the 3/3.5 year old of the moment was 40")

Our entire family loves Blizzard Beach best. Magic Kindom is number 2, followed by Epcot, Typhoon Lagoon, HS, then AK.

When both of mine were under 4, Epcot was the #2 park for them aside from MK. It is still their 2nd in line.

Epcot. My boys are really disappointed that Test Track is scheduled to be down when we are there next month. They love MK but Epcot is a close second.

I know MK is my DS's fav but he enjoyed every park. The only problem we had was waiting for the Disney Jr show @ HS. He loved it once it started but was so tired waiting for it. We took him directly for a nap after the show. Needless to say,we are skipping HS this time. We'll save it for the future.[we just did not do much @ HS last time] My favorite park for my DS is Epcot b/c of how much he can learn & not even know he is learning. :thumbsup2

My DD4 favorites are

1. MK
2. HS
3. AK
4. EP

She loves the Disney Junior and Disney Channel Rocks shows at HS. She'll ride the safari at AK all day long, she loves the animals. There is not much for her to do at Epcot. She likes riding Nemo though and the aquarium there. She hasn't shown interest in the WS. I think she'll appreciate it more when she's older.

I asked them and my 4 year old son said that between Epcot, Hollywood Studios & Animal Kingdom that he likes Epcot the best. My 3 year old daughter said Hollywood Studios.

Epcot, hands down. It's probably the main reason we get park hoppers... we seem to end up there daily. Younger DS could ride Spaceship Earth continuously for a couple of days and still not be satisfied lol.

I know some folks think Epcot is boring because it's less flashy than a park like MK. That's the exact reason we love it... it's the perfect place for in-park "down time" because you can just walk and take things in. Particularly for our little one, MK was too overstimulating at times and Epcot gave him some room to breathe.

My three that love Disney all say Epcot. On our last trip I was the one to get tired of Epcot! They sat for over an hour watching a man carving in Africa. I was glad that we had time to wander at their pace and they loved it.

For my son it has always been:

1. MK
2. AK
3. Future World in Epcot (loves Living Seas, Land, Innoventions)
4. DHS
5. World Showcase in Epcot (not much for kids here)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter