Your Current Covid-Response Practises

Walking by someone breathing regularly without a mask for one or two seconds if I had mine on wouldn’t really even be a blip on my radar (having been in many ICU rooms w Covid patients for 12 hr shifts, up to two hours at a time without coming out of room with all kinds of sputtering and coughing going on and body fluids, etc.)

I would also be happy to see an employee outside sweeping. It means someone cares about the cleanliness and presentation of the store, and keeps enough help on for someone to do that. As opposed to minimal help with nobody caring much other than to get the minimal amount of tasks done, probably haphazardly.

No longer ordering food online and delivery No longer Washing food n boxes etc. wear a mask any time outside the home , our county is mandatory ( tho those with medical conditions... and as u know one can’t ask, don’t wear them). I’d say about 25 percent don’t wear them but unknown if medical issues or just taking advantage of loophole. We still socially distance. we ate out at an outside restaurant once since March. We just recently started , Take out once a week.
we ve not been with family or with friends since March. Some of them work outside the home and eat out and have traveled. Still using disinfectant after exiting the vehicle ( like a food store, etc)

We ve completely changed our lives since March so at this point this “ new normal” feels normal. I figure with fall/winter ahead n flu season ( already inoculated) we ll just go forward as we have been.
this too shall pass.

*I'm* still being very careful, but everyone else in my house is not...well, not as much as they should be in my opinion. And other people, oy...:headache:

I got into it with a guy when I went for the first time with my cousin to do the grocery shopping a few days ago, at ShopRite. I was masked up, and was in the process of wiping down the handle of my cart with disinfecting wipes before proceeding further into the store. I was NOT blocking either the door or anyone's access. Suddenly I hear, "(blankety-blank) people! Can't you get the (blankety-blank) out of the way?!" I turn to see who's getting into a fight, and it's me!

I just said, "Excuse me??? I'm not in your way." He proceeds to lower his mask (which wasn't covering his nose in the first place, BTW) and curse me out. My cousin pulled me away before I could get it any worse, and the last I saw of this yahoo he was being talked to by the door security guy. I hope they threw him out on his keister.

I don't wipe down the groceries, but everything fresh is scrubbed with water before being put away. I wash my hands after opening the mail or a package, don't leave it for a few days anymore. I order food online still. I don't feel comfortable going out to eat. I stay home as much as possible. One of my cousins is a bartender in a bar that is not following the guidelines, but since it's located in a VFW post they fly under the radar and she couldn't care less about wearing a mask there or keeping everyone apart. My other cousin transports people in wheelchairs back and forth from doctor visits to their nursing homes and rehab centers. She comes home and lays all over the place in her work clothes, which in my opinion she should be changing out of immediately. So, other than cooking dinner for everyone now that I'm feeling much better, I keep to myself up here in my room.

With the exception of now wearing masks 100 percent of the work day not much as changed. Hand washing and sanitizing has been a habit with us since my spouse was deployed to the middle east during the 2009 H1N1 pandemic. We shop weekly, sanitizing carts as we go. Surface transfer is not a huge risk so no leaving mail and packages for days. I do sanitize 5 gallon water jugs because they are generally nasty.
Army public health gave us some very clear guidelines about what constitutes high risk exposure and we operate in side of those-socially distanced and masked for any contact with others. No eating in resturants but we do get take out. My biggest gripe is that my dauther in law who is not the nicest person to start with is using risk as an excuse to cut us our of our grandsons life.

We are still following the recommended precautions in our area. For us, that means:
-masks when we are inside any public place and outside when we can't maintain 6 ft. distance.
-no meals inside a restaurant (although we do takeout occasionally).
-no gatherings since March.
-doing curbside grocery pickup/delivery whenever we can.
-kids aren't in school (we pulled them and are homeschooling).
-I am teaching remotely so I'm home as well.

We have chosen to see only DH's mom and dad, who are following the same precautions we are but are even a bit more cautious. We've seen them twice since March. We don't see my family at all, because they socialize with others without wearing masks or social distancing (we know this from social media). We don't get together with friends and our kids haven't seen any other kids in person since March, so we encourage them to do FaceTime and Zoom with their friends whenever we can.

With the exception of now wearing masks 100 percent of the work day not much as changed. Hand washing and sanitizing has been a habit with us since my spouse was deployed to the middle east during the 2009 H1N1 pandemic. We shop weekly, sanitizing carts as we go. Surface transfer is not a huge risk so no leaving mail and packages for days. I do sanitize 5 gallon water jugs because they are generally nasty.
Army public health gave us some very clear guidelines about what constitutes high risk exposure and we operate in side of those-socially distanced and masked for any contact with others. No eating in resturants but we do get take out. My biggest gripe is that my dauther in law who is not the nicest person to start with is using risk as an excuse to cut us our of our grandsons life.

How terrible for you with your grandson, that is just so sad.

We have relaxed a lot since the beginning of the Pandemic.
I do 90% of my own shopping, before I was doing 100% through instacart or online ordering.
We were not eating any take-out or fast food, now we are going out to restaurants with outdoor dining. I haven't done any indoor dining yet.
I no longer wipe down or lysol spray my groceries and packages.
I have gotten together with family and friends during the summer, the last time this past weekend.
We've gone on vacation.
My ds got a job in a grocery store. In the beginning of all this I wouldn't let him even look for a job.

I had to use hand sanitizer the other day at IHOP before they would seat us. I think that's the first time I've used hand sanitizer this year, so that was different. Other than that I don't do much different than I did last year. I wear a mask where they make you wear it but places like Home Depot don't care so I don't.

Wear a mask when in stores because it is mandated but finally get a bit back to normal- this weekend I am going out with 6 kids to a local bar/club that has a live band playing- because of the governors (king cuomo) rules it is actually a sit down dinner, open bar and you are socially distanced at tables while the band plays- better than nothing, at least we are getting out! We have been doing inside dining for a month or two now since they started to allow it!

How terrible for you with your grandson, that is just so sad.
We are pretty heart broken-he is the cutest sweetest boy ever and we have seen him like 4 times in 9 months-but after 8 years I am still trying to figure out what my son sees in her-sigh.

I just follow the orders of any store I go into, other than that I am basically doing nothing different. I am respectful of others and stay my distance.

The best thing about the pandemic: idiotic parents are no longer allowed to send their snotty, coughing, sick kids to school. Yay!

Last edited:
We've gotten as "back to normal" as possible. Kids see their friends. Hoping schools go to in-person learning soon. I go to the supermarket, Target, etc. as needed. We've eaten in restaurants (mostly outside).

We do wear masks every time we leave the house (except for the farm where DD13 rides). We use hand sanitizer every time we leave somewhere (supermarket, etc.) and before eating (if not at home). We stay 6ft away from strangers.

One thing I haven't done...use a public bathroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter