Your (Disney) Family

SpinDisc

Engagement Coordinator
Looking at everyone's signature and posts got me to thinking...

What does your (Disney) family consist of?

Let me clarify - what family members have traveled with you to the wonderful world of Disney (WDW, DL, DCL, etc...)? Travel with your family as a child? How about now as an adult? I'm just curious to see how much everything Disney has had an impact on your life. I'm not looking for your personal information, so don't divulge too much! I'll start...

WDW, DL, DCL (1990-2006)
::MickeyMo Dad
pooh: Mom
:stitch: Me
:donald: Brother
:sulley: Sister

Not sure if this seems as cool as when I thought of it, but we'll see... :p

1985, 90, 93

Mom, Dad, younger brother and me

October 25 to November 1, 2006
Me
DH
DS4

This is my first trip. I'll be traveling with different amounts any given day:
Me
DD
Mom
Dad
Sis
BIL

Meeting up with BILs Family:
2 sisters
2 neices
1 nephew

Also mutal friends of SIS and BIL are meeting up with us (sis and BIL met at their wedding)
F-Friend
M-Friend
their DD

We have never been to Disney World and are planning a trip for our 10th wedding anniversary in 2009.

But up till then...

1977 DL
with 2 sisters and Mom

1983 DL
with 2 sisters, 1 step sister
Mom and Step Dad.
Also another family traveled with us

1986-95
Wished and wished to go, but couldnt convince 1st hubby to go.

1999 DL
Honeymoon with Second Husband
LOVED it!!! glad 1st husband wouldnt take me, because now its OUR wonderful place. We love it

2000 DL
DH and I took the Kids DS and DD
Also joining us were my Mom and Step Dad

2002 DL and DCA
ME, DH, DD, DS and joined by DH's parents this time.
Had to go back now that DCA was open

2005 DL and DCA
Just DH and I again, celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary.

Looking forward to 2009 and WDW.
Probably just DH and I, we are planning to invite some friends, we will see if they are up for it.

Becky

For the Turn of the Century there were 36 family/friends together at WDW. We all stayed at ASSp in 14 hotel rooms and had a blast!

Last trip:
Just Us the first 3 days
At the last minute Brother & Sister in law joined us on days 4, 5 & 6
Mother & Father in law joined us days 6 & 7

Upcoming trip:
Just us the first 7 days
Mother & Father in law days 7, 8 & 9
Unless someone else decides to crash my vacation :teeth:

DL:
We have always done with just us & kids. As a kid it was just my immediate family.

Well as a kid it would be
DD DM and DSis..
Now its all of them plus my DF and my sisters DB..

It all started in 1971 prior to Magic Kingdom opening when Dad took us to the Info Center. Still have postcards I bought that were only renderings. Think you saw a movie of what they were doing etc. Went Thanksgiving 1971 - and they were not prepared for the crowds, Mom wanted to leave but I refused until I had been in HM. By time we got out, most folks had given up and left. Been going non-stop ever since and now my kids are all obsessed as well ;) I think it will be a life long commitment to the Mouse :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl: from our family.

It started with DM,father ,DB and Myself for my 9th or 10th birthday the week we got back we moved out of the house and they divorced.

Then it was Dw DD and ME

Then another one with Dm ,DsF,DA,DU,DCousin and his Family of 4. Great trip lots of fun.

I have also gone a few times with Co-workers while training in Cali to DL.

Last one was DW,DD,DM,DsF and me at a 2bdrm SSR our treet so that made me very happy.

wWe are going to let DD start taking someone with us next year so that should be fun as well.

1982: This was my first Disney trip. It was my Dad, Mom, 2 older brothers, and my younger sister who was only 2 months old. I don't have any memories from this trip since I wasn't even 2 years old.

1987: My entire family again.

2005: Just my sister and I for my 25th birthday.

Jan 2007: Again it will just be my sister and I.

2003-2006

Me
Dh
DS
DS
Ds

It started in the 70's when I went with friends during spring break. Then I
went with my husband before we were married in '79. We didn't go again
until '92 and that time he actually was my DH. We took our kids the next
year in Dec. of '93 for my oldest DD's 12th birthday. We've gone every year
since then and will celebrate that same DD's 25th birthday this Dec. at SSR.
I've also been with my parents and sister once for MNSSHP in the late 90's.
WOW! That's alot of Disney! :thumbsup2

1980 - Mommy, Daddy and Me (1). (Though I have heard that my little bother might have been with us on the way home)

1985 - Mom, Dad, Me (6), Brother (4), Sister (2). Biggest memory of that was Character breakfast, where Tigger took my sisters bottle and pretended to drink out of it, and my brother tried to beat him up to get it back.

1999 - Woah, lapse! Just me by myself - I was doing the college program, but dad met me down there to pick me up at the end, and we had a great day at the Magic Kingdom and MGM

2000 - Me & My Girlfriend

2002 - Me & My NEW FIANCEE!!!

2005 - Me & My Fiancee - We didn't think we'd get a honeymoon until Jan 06, so we took a trip to relax

2005 - Me & My WIFE! - We got a week off after the wedding afterall!

2006 - Me & My Wife (Disneyland) a few days there on our way to Hawaii for our planned honeymoon!

Oct 1 1972I was turning 3, DW was turning 1. I went with my Mom, Grandma, 2 Great Aunts and 2 of my Mom's cousins.

Oct 1974
Just me and my Mom at the Contemporary

Feb 1986
Me, Mom and Stepdad

I went to college in Tampa so from 1988-1991 there were numerous day trips and overnights with friends and one year my Mom came down for a few days at Thanksgiving and we went there.

March 1997
DH and I, his first trip

December 2006
DH and I
DD 9
DD 7
DS 4
The kids first trip!

Already planning ahead to March 2008
For my Mom's 60th it will be
Me and my 3 kids
Mom and Stepdad

Allyson :)

When growing up it was myself, mom, dad, brother and grandmother.

1997 - just hubby and myself.

2004 - myself, hubby, son, daughter, mom, dad, and grandmother.

2006 - myself, hubby, son & daughter.

Next trip is 2007 and it will be myself, hubby, son, daughter, mom, dad, father-in-law and possibly my brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew.

Shelby

Our first trip included Me, DS (8), DD(6), Aunt (40somethin), Girl Cuz (11), Little Bro (11) and nephew 10

This next trip will be me, my lil sis (will turn 18 at the world), DS 9 and DD 7 :cool1:

I havent even gotten through this next trip yet, but I am already looking ahead to taking my grandparents with us on our next trip

My first Disney park experience was when I was 20 and we lived in Southern California. My dad taught band at a local high school and that my brothers and I tagged along when they went to perform at Disneyland.

My next park experience was when I was 24 (almost 25) and DH and I went to Disney World on our honeymoon.

And that's it!

1989 and 1990 I went to Grad night, 89 I graduated, in 90 I just tagged along with my sisters class.
Took my new hubby in 1995 and then we went again in 1999 for our anniversary, didn't bring the 2 kids.
Brought the kids and my mom in 2002 and now we are going again in 2007 with DH 37, me will be 35 then, DS 11
DS 8 and DS 2.

Mom
Dad
Sister
Sister
Husband
Friend
Aunt
Uncle
Cousin
Cousin
Cousin
Aunt
Uncle
Cousin
Cousin
Cousin
Aunt
Uncle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter