Your Earliest memory of Life

I was 18 months old and at my very first Red Sox game at Fenway. I was with my Dad and his friends, wearing a pink dress and white bonnet. We sat over first plate and my dad's friend taught me how to yell through the popcorn cup like a megaphone.

Christmas 1988.
i was 2.5yrs old
my mom had been in the hospital ever since we got back from WDW with terrible pneumonia.
i was sleeping on the couch and she came and sat on the couch and basically just stared at me.
i remember i woke up because i felt like someone was watching me. when i opened my eyes it totally freaked me out that she was sitting there.

after that the next memory that i have is going to preschool when i was 3.
i was excited because i thought i was going on a bus.
then a cab pulls up. (it was always a bus after that so i can't remember why it was a cab. i'd have to ask my mom)
i really started freaking out when we came to a "dead end".
when you're 3 you take things literally.
i thought something bad was gonna happen and i'd be dead.
to this day i hate the words dead end.

I remember sitting for a photo with my sister and my great-grandfather standing behind whoever was taking the picture going, "smile! Smile!" This would have been 1971 or so.

Mine was when I was about 3 years old. My Mother decided one day that she wanted to know how I would act if I couldn't find her, so she hid in a closet and waited for me to panic, I guess. Got her though because I didn't panic and I can remember my emotion of the moment clearly. I just pulled up a stool and sat looking out the window because I assumed she had gone out to get something and would be right back. (BTW, she had never done that in the past so I'm not sure why I was not worried about it.)

I don't remember being traumatized at all. I just remember being calm and patient waiting for her to get back. My Mother on the other hand was upset because I didn't get upset about not seeing her around. I, at a very early age, was very independent and unconcerned about being by myself. Showed her, I did!

I believe that my earliest memory would be standing in a crib with wooden bar sides, looking down a long hallway that extended from the door to my room, and watching someone -- my Dad? I really have no idea except it was a man -- coming down the hall toward me. I was probably 2 at the time.

There's one that's even earlier, and it would have to be from infancy if it's an actual memory. All it is, is an impression of staring at something white with multi-colored spots on it very close to my face. The only reason I think it MIGHT be an actual memory, is that when I was only a couple of months old, somebody gave me a vinyl elephant. It was white, with small multi-colored dots all over it. (That elephant is still around somewhere, I think.)

Turning towards the wall to suck my thumb where my mom couldn't see and holding my sucked thumb up to my non-sucked thumb to compare lengths because my mom told me that if I kept sucking my thumb, it would stretch out and fall off.

The earliest memory I can put a sort of date on was my first day at daycare. I remember it because that day I was in the baby room, the next day they switched me to the toddler room, and a few days after I was put in the main room. I never saw the other rooms again, but I remember the color scheme of each (for some reason). I would have recently turned two.

Sitting in my crib, being changed on the changing table, being rocked by my mom in a rocking chair. All between the ages of 1 and 2. I have very vivid memories from age two onward.

I was over 2 but probably not yet 3. I remember standing in front of a mirror and seeing myself. I can still see that image in my head nearly 60 years later. The mirror was on a low dressing table of my Mother's and I can remember it all clearly.

Although this would have been lots more fun!
I remember being launched into space as my planet Krypton was destroyed.

I "think" I have vague memories of my first birthday, but most likely they're based on the photos and home movies of the event.

The first event I can recall with some detail is July 20, 1969. A Sunday night. I watched on TV as men wearing funny costumes in the Arizona desert pretended to walk on the moon. ;)

I remember sitting on my dad's foot while he walked around the house, taking me along for the "ride".

My earliest memory is sitting in my red velour carseat and trying with all of my might to do up my seatbelt. I remember my dad waiting and watching and I so badly wanted to prove that I could do it on my own. It was tough work but I finally heard a "click" and was so pleased with myself.d

I have a memory of playing outdoors with my siblings and other kids in my yard. We were playing with big appliance boxes. I lived in that house from 3 to 6 years old but since the boxes came from new appliances, this must have happened right around my third birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter