• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your Favorite possessions as a child?

Books.

I couldn't be grounded to my room because I had books in there so it wouldn't really be a punishment.

When there was bad weather (I developed a phobia of severe weather when I was a child and have no idea why), I would pack up a backpack with my favorite books and a couple stuffed animals, grab my dog, and would hide in the basement. Luckily the basement was mostly finished so I had a sofa to lay on.

I simply loved my books.

My blanket. I called it Dee-dee. No idea why, cannot remember??
Slept with my Dee-dee waaaaaaay longer than I care to admit!

Similar situation. Except that my blanket may or may not still reside under my pillow.

Blank resides under MY pillow! I'm 58,and blank is a soft mass of strings now,but it's blank,and I can't imagine my life without it.

My blanket was my favorite too! I still have it in my armoire. It is so tattered and threadbare with many holes but I can’t let it go. My mom even had to sew it back together when I was a kid because it ripped apart into two pieces in the washer. I was so upset I accused her of trying to kill it :rotfl2:

I used to collect small plastic animals when I was little. Back then, Macy's had a toy department and a big glass case full of them. If I behaved, I was allowed to choose one on shopping trips. I had so many that my father bought me a one of those metal utility cabinets with plastic drawers to store them. I still have and cherish it! Many of the animals are Britain brand, which have exquisite detailing. I regret allowing my kids to play with it unsupervised when they were very young as I am missing a couple of them since :(. One of my favorites is a mother kangaroo with a teeny tiny removable baby kangaroo in her pouch. My kids were playing with the case one day and I noticed the baby was MIA as I put them away. LOL we found it stuck to my husband's butt as he got up from the couch!

My stuffed bear named Pinky. He was in my crib when I was born so technically he's older than me! I've "loved" on him so much, his fur has basically been rubbed away and my mom made him clothes out of my baby blanket. He's still in my closet and honestly, if I had to save something in a fire (besides other obvious living things), I'd probably grab him first!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter