Your gay lifestyle... what's it like?

MrVisible said:
I've never really tried to explain this; Nick is the only person I've ever really shared it with, and he just gets it instinctively. Hmm...

Office supplies, to me, are all about the feeling of potential accomplishment. Every pen has a novel in it somewhere, every notebook could be the home of a poem I'd never forget I'd written. The desks promise to support whatever projects come into my mind, and the reams and reams of paper just cry out to be filled, as brilliantly as I can fill them.

Don't get me started on the software aisle.

I guess it's silly to wax poetic about such prosaic surroundings, but there's something about being surrounded by all these things that are used to create the world we live in, and the worlds we dream of, that makes me feel confident and inspired.

Dude, you're wierd. :thumbsup2

mickeyfan2 said:
Are you guys having a big dual 40 bithday bash?

You look great for 40!!!! :cheer2:

I'm not 40 yet! Don't push it missy! LOL!

We were talking about having a combined party and think we might have found a place in midtown. Not sure though.

In the meantime, we're going to WDW from 8/23-30 and staying at AKL. Meeting up with friends, etc... I'm sending the other b-day boy to Richard Petty so he can do a ride along experience, and also sending him to Saratoga Springs for a massage as his b-day gifts. We're also going to Victoria & Albert's for dinner one evening.

Anyone have ideas of a nice b-day gift that I can give him? He muttered something about a Palm Pilot to help him with his class schedule (he teaches) and other class stuff. He's not a techie like me though.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. FYI, I've already given him a ring!

MrVisible said:
Office supplies, to me, are all about the feeling of potential accomplishment. Every pen has a novel in it somewhere, every notebook could be the home of a poem I'd never forget I'd written. The desks promise to support whatever projects come into my mind, and the reams and reams of paper just cry out to be filled, as brilliantly as I can fill them.

Do you ever look at a blank page (I’m looking at 2 blank canvases right now)and up till the moment you start just get a bit of trepidation?

For me it’s not "the doing" as much as deciding "what to do".

mickeysaver said:
We are on vacation this week, but we didn't plan to go anywhere.

I wish you could have come down to WDW!! I would so love to see you and Gabby again. It's been forever!!

Blessings to you both!
Winnie

MissMichelle said:
REACHING 40??? How long ago was that pic taken? You both look amazing ;)

Okay Rick, we don't have any reverse Dorian Gray action going on here do we?
I myself rely on soft lighting and fog filters. Or there's always Glamour Shots.

wallyb said:
Do you ever look at a blank page (I’m looking at 2 blank canvases right now)and up till the moment you start just get a bit of trepidation.
Trepidation? How about waves of crippling terror?

A friend of mine and I have challenged each other to write a novel apiece in eight weeks. That's 1500 words a day, starting tomorrow. I need to be finished with my outline and writing by midnight tonight. And instead, I'm reading the DisBoards.

Trepidation? I'm looking at panic, here.

(Oh, and I also have a canvas that's not currently cooperating with me. My very first attempt at a still life in acrylics. Turns out I do great spoons, and a terrific apple, but my oranges are a hopeless mess.)

RickinNYC said:
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is a fun idea I've done for people turning 40. If they have something fun there into or collect, buy them 40 of it. That is providing it's not something reallly expensive. I gave a friend of mine 40 froggy keychains. She collected frogs and keychains.

By the way, are you doing the "Chef's Table" at V&A? It's looks so fantastic!!!
Have great time no matter what!

Blessings,
Winnie

MrVisible said:
Trepidation? How about waves of crippling terror?

A friend of mine and I have challenged each other to write a novel apiece in eight weeks. That's 1500 words a day, starting tomorrow. I need to be finished with my outline and writing by midnight tonight. And instead, I'm reading the DisBoards.

Turn your "total trashing" over at GAY/ NUTZ into a book.
I'd read it.

oops I mean thrashing - AKA vanquishment.

Get the Palm Pilot for him! It's a wonderful thing to have. Keeps life bits all neat, tidy and orderly.

Three person relationship? Wow!!! You know, the way you explain it, seems like it works well. Love, respect and hey, if Grandma approves, who is anyone else to butt in, eh? :thumbsup2

Well here goes - My story is so different than all of you!!!!!

ok - it's not at all....

Let's see - I've been with Chris for 11 years this month. We own a house in lovely Bloomfield NJ and have a house "down the shore" on Long Beach Island. We also own 2 separate DVC contracts. Our closest friends are straight / married. just 2 real gay friends that we don't see very often... Chris manages a customer service area for a bank and I'm a sales executive for a marketing company. Chris hate shis job but gets great benefits and a kick A** 401K. I like my job - most of the time - travel often. We spend most of our non work time working around the house - in the yard or down the shore. We go to WDW at least once a year (accept this one where we decided to pay off the CC's). I just got a really nice raise so we booked a cruise in sept :yay: - we are going with good friends (CSP). Our familes are great - we spend a lot of time with his Mom - take her to WDW with us most of the time - we also plan on going with our CSP friends too. Havn't been to a gay bar in years - or gay pride for that matter...

Chris could spend hours in ay store - loves the supermarket. I have no patients shopping with him - I get too nervous when we have to look at the same things 2 or 3 times...

That's about it - sorry no orgies / staying out all night etc. We do have a pretty cool Holiday Party every year - we had over 40 ppl last year - it's a great time with lots of alcahol consumed...

Hey Ryan - your just a couple of towns over from us!

I'm a little bit younger than most of y'all, so our story's a little different... we have an absolutely thrilling life!

Kristen and I met in college, and were best friends for more than 4 years before we became a couple (I was dating someone else the entire time - the less said about that sordid affair, the better). We've been together for a little over a year now.

We're getting married this December, so there's a lot of wedding talk these days. We're both wearing pretty dresses.

Kristen works for a USAID contractor. I manage a gym. We both work ridiculously long hours. We have a hound dog named Pinto. We live in a tiny studio apartment. Our favorite thing to do on weekends is drive around and go to open houses that we can't afford (which is all of them). On weeknights we watch tv and cuddle with the dog and read to each other.

We love a good Pride Parade, but most of our friends are straight. We each have a few tattoos and some extra holes, all very tasteful and mostly hidden. Even my mom thinks they're pretty.

Well... I thought I had a lot to write, but it turns out we're even more boring than I thought we were! Maybe I'll think of something later and have to edit this...

Tony-NJ said:

Hey Ryan - your just a couple of towns over from us!

ROCK ON Northern NJ! :cool1: MY DW was actually looking at a teaching job in Bloomfield, NJ.

I see you guys are also DVC members. Gotta love DVC! :thumbsup2

yup - we own 2 contracts at OKW. We're banking this year's points for a LARGE / Long vacation next year!

Here's our story - mixed race couple (me - white, Aaron - African America). Been together 8 years this Halloween. Own home in Raleigh, NC but putting house up for sale next week as we are moving to South Florida (Aaron will be getting his Master's Degree in Theatre at FAU). My job involves lots of travel (90% of time I am out on the road doing business consulting). Aaron travels with me when he can (working in Las Vegas next week, so Aaron is coming with me and enjoying spa days while I'm off at work). Have great circle of friends (all CSP), but do miss out having gay friends. Both were in fraternities in college. Have supportive siblings, but not supportive parents. Did the party scene, did the orgy scene (okay, just kidding on that one). Really enjoy where we are in life right now. Happy, healthy, and financially secure. Love Disney and go often. Did Gay Days for second time this year and can't wait for next year! Smooches :love:

Darn! None of you are any more exciting than the gay and lesbian friends I already have! ;)

Where do people get their ideas about GLBT folks, anyway? I don't know anybody who goes out and parties. Everybody is responsible, well educated, gainfully employed, devoted to their partner. I just don't see how being gay and boring is any different than being straight and boring. :confused3

Well on tuesdays and Fridays are DW and mines orgies nights It's pretty much just a whole street party hundreds of people great time, all other nights of the week we just hit every bar in town of course we wait for our DS Five to fall asleep we usually get home around six in the morning just in time to wake DS up to go to school and for us to go to work, but usually about three days a week were to hung over to go anyway. Well that's mine and the wife's story, oh wait you said Gay life style sorry ;) :teeth:

aidensdad said:
Well on tuesdays and Fridays are DW and mines orgies nights It's pretty much just a whole street party hundreds of people great time, all other nights of the week we just hit every bar in town of course we wait for our DS Five to fall asleep we usually get home around six in the morning just in time to wake DS up to go to school and for us to go to work, but usually about three days a week were to hung over to go anyway. Well that's mine and the wife's story, oh wait you said Gay life style sorry ;) :teeth:

Gary! :rotfl: Oh my God dude, iced tea everywhere!

jackskellingtonsgirl said:
Darn! None of you are any more exciting than the gay and lesbian friends I already have! ;)

Where do people get their ideas about GLBT folks, anyway? I don't know anybody who goes out and parties. Everybody is responsible, well educated, gainfully employed, devoted to their partner. I just don't see how being gay and boring is any different than being straight and boring. :confused3
There are a lot of gay people who go out and do the whole bar scene, the circuit parties, that sort of thing.

What people don't realize is that basing your opinions of gay people on those things is like basing your opinion of straight peoples' behavior on strip clubs, swingers bars, and wife-swapping. Sure there are people who do all that, and that's their business. But it's not, by any means, the norm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter